Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #1241
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Hey Wiz, long time listener, first time caller.

Been using your sliders for a while now, but haven't posted any scores or anything.

I just finished a full season offline CCM with the 49ers and won the Superbowl. I love how these sliders make games dynamic and play out differently. Some games I can run Gore up the middle and get 4+ YPC. Other games (like my last two) I'm lucky to get 3 YPC and have to rely on the my passing game. My second to last game was against the Packers, and I had trouble running toward Matthews. It's awesome to have to actually scheme to win games.

I'm also seeing some penalties that I've never had called before. I had a couple defensive PI calls on short slants, where the CPU MLB blocked my WR's route. I had an illegal touch penalty called against myself (didn't know that penalty existed in Madden) too. Obviously EA/Tiburon needs to tune the penalty frequencies (among a plethora of other things), but you've at least helped mitigate the issue.

I'm loving the tackle settings you've got. I've witnessed a great variety of unique tackling animations. Power backs, TE's and big WR's will truck smaller DB's, but get laid out by LB's. I watched a CPU RB hurdle his downed lineman and get tackled mid-air, only to flip horizontally before getting smashed by another tackler (still in mid-air). It would've made SportsCenter.

As far as a critique goes, the only problems I have with your sliders are:

CPU passing ability: I was seeing guys like Rodgers and Brady have <50% completion and making inaccurate throws to open receivers, so I increased CPU QB ACC and WR CTH and lowering USER INT. Seems to work. Though too often pass heavy teams (Packers, Patriots, Saints) won't pass enough. In the Superbowl against the Pats, Brady marched them into the redzone four times and ran the ball on every play before acquiescing to a FG. The Patriots finished the Superbowl with literally zero redzone passing attempts but twelve redzone rushing attempts. Oh well, it's just too bad sliders can't fix bad AI playcalling.

USER dropped passes: I have Crabtree in his second season, and he has 90+ CTH, CIT, and yet was dropping open passes (once dropping 4 of 6 targets). I raised USER catching to 49.

USER pass rushing: I'm getting too many sacks against the CPU, and pressuring the QB on nearly every dropback. I've noticed the LOLB gets more pressure on the QB than the ROLB (in a 3-4), so Brooks was outperforming Aldon. I switched their positions, and now Aldon is way too beastly (rated 99 OVR). I had 9 team sacks last game. It's especially bad against QB's that have their scrambling trait turned on (Vick), since they'll usually scramble into their own lineman and fall. It's as if EA programmed the Sanchez butt-fumble into the AI. Thinking of adjusting either CPU pass blocking, or USER pass rush, any suggestions?

Option Reads: Using Kaepernick on option plays is too easy at times. I finished last season setting the NFL record for QB rushing yards with 1200, averaging 9 YPC. Even in games where the CPU is stuffing Gore for small gains, I'll be able to option Kaep with success. I was thinking of boosting CPU run reaction, while reducing block shedding? I'm basically looking to balance the run difficulty between standard power running and option running, if that makes sense.

Fatigue/Subs: I know they're broken, but I hate seeing guys like Willis getting subbed. I read somewhere that 10 of the 49ers 11 starting defensive players NEVER subbed out last season (unless changing formations). It might be 11/11 now that Aldon is an every down player. But Willis and a few others should never be subbed under any circumstance. On offense I've seen my OL get subbed out on longer drives, which shouldn't happen, especially guys like Staley or Iupati. And still I'm not seeing enough of my 2nd string HB. This isn't your fault, it's EA's broken coding. They need an option for a HB by-committee slider.

Besides those minor things, your sliders are awesome, and the only reason I can continue playing Madden. I appreciate your hard work Wiz, and everyone that contributed to this thread.

How do you guys post your box scores so neatly?

Here's my stats from the first two games of the 2013 season:

Packers (CPU) vs 49ers Won 20-12

GB - SF
Offensive yards... 319 - 357
Pass yards... 251 - 235
Rush yards... 68 - 122
First downs... 15 - 13
Turnovers... 2 - 1
ToP... 38:26 - 21:34

Rodgers... 13/18 174yds 2INT (he got injured early in the 3rd)
Coleman... 12/17 121 (Rodgers' backup played well, even better than Rodgers)
Hightower... 18att 55yds 3.1

Kaepernick... 12/21 260yds 2TD
Gore... 17att 31yds 1 fumble
Kaepernick... 7att 65yds 1 fumble
Hunter... 3att 20yds

They had to settle for FG's in the redzone. I had 7 sacks (Aldon had 3), they had 4 against me.

49ers @ Eagles (CPU) Won 42-17

SF - PHI
Offensive yards... 460 - 259
Pass yards... 262 - 94
Rush yards... 198 - 165
First downs... 17 - 9
Total yards... 554 - 307 (includes punt returns)
ToP... 34:47 - 25:13

Kaepernick... 19/25 286 6TD 1INT
Kaepernick... 8att 104yds
Gore... 22att 66yds
Hunter... 3att 28yds

Vick.. 12/17 141yds 2TD 1NT
Vick 5att 31yds 1 fumble
McCoy... 16att 96yds
Avant... 2att 38yds

My defense had 9 sacks. Vick was awful. He'd try to avoid a sack, but just run into another defender or his own teammate (butt-fumble AI). Eagles stuffed the box on nearly every play, so I was forced to air it out more than normal, which led to the inflated passing stats. I almost had a 7th TD pass but my rookie WR dropped it.

Thanks again Wiz for putting the time and effort into making and tuning these sliders. Appreciate the hard work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #1242
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10

Thanks again Wiz for putting the time and effort into making and tuning these sliders. Appreciate the hard work.
Just wanted to answer your question real quick, I remember wondering the same thing before.

From here, if you scroll to the top of the page, you'll see a list of tabs starting with "My Arena." Click on the "Dynasty" tab.

On the new page, click on the middle option "Dynasty Table Generators." This will take you to a new page that has a list of different sports on the right hand side. Under each sport is a list of different table generators. Under football, you're looking for box scores. This gives you an empty table that you can fill in with your stats. You also don't have to fill in every box; I usually skip over defense and o-line stats, for example.

Anyway, hope this helps.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #1243
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleetus
thank you these sliders have made me start playing madden again! I just need some advice on how to defend the run because the cpu is killing me each game running the ball a few friendly tips would be nice!

Thank you for the props brudda.... I am SERIOUSLY blown away with all the " 'atta boys " that I have been getting from the Madden community here in OS and from around the world, for my slider work.... My PM gets at least 5 blasts of praise every day....

I got one PM from some of our boys stationed in Germany and they indicated that their CCM league SWEARS by my slider work..... NIIIIIIIICE...

Check out the tips I have for you below ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weewam
One of the biggest things you can do to help yourself is learning to diagnose te play. It can be really tricky, and will be different for each team because each team favors different looks and formations, but that's why they call football like chess. If you can determine what formations the opponent likes to run out of, then try to figure out which direction they're running the play in, left, right, or middle. Is the formation stacked strong to one side or the other? If you can diagnose the play, you can make your own adjustments, like keying to a certain side or bringing a safety into the box to help against the run. It's all about awareness really.
Adding to what "WamBamThankYouMaam" said, if you are running a 4-3 defense, consider the 4-3 Over Plus defense and select "Cover 1"... Then set yourself as follows:

In a running situation/down:

1a. Man align and bring a safety into the box to create a 4-4 look with the DL and LB's
1b. Shift DL left
2. Reblitz the DT covering the center.
3. Move the LOLB (on screen) and MLB a couple steps right for gap integrity

Personally, for me, setting up the 4-4 properly is key because it now causes a challenge with the secondary blocking assignments for the CPU...

Slider Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #1244
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquigley
Wiz! Great job on these man! I have played five games with these and all of them have been different.

Started out 0-3. Lost to the Browns, Ravens and Cards then beat the Giants and Steelers.

The Browns game was a defensive struggle and I lost by 6. The Ravens blew me out! Rice broke the rushing record! Then the cards defense had that final stop to best me.

The Giants got up by 21 on me before my offense started clicking. High scoring game that I won by ten. Then the Steelers just couldn't stop me and I won 31-10.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Quiggs.... Waaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaap peep?

I am glad that you are enjoying the Xmas Slider V.8 Beta slider set.... Much like yourself, I am having a FRICKING BLAST with these sliders....

I am contemplating starting a CCM Franchise as the lowly Faiders with these sliders (maybe on Normal speed), and posting my adventures via the thread as I seek to find out if I got some "Lombardi" in me and can lead the Faiders to the promised land....

Keep us updated on your play and any criticisms you would like to share bro... I appreciate you being part of our development of these sliders from the early get go.... Peace

Slider Wiz out.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #1245
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
Finally broke my 5 game losing streak with the Bengals!

I'm now 10 games into my season! Once it's done I will provide all the stats from the season to give a better overview of what might need to be changed.

Still having a great time with these. EVERY game is a struggle which makes it feel sweet when you get the W!

kIngKoNg: Thanks bro..... This was my #1 priority when creating the sliders.... I wanted to MAKE CERTAIN that all of us collectively could have a base set that would GUARANTEE us UNCERTAINTY.... That is what makes playing a sports video game so fun, KNOWING that you can lose if you do not bring your A-Game, every game....

Dude, I have played games where I should have had my a_ _ (rhymes with grass) handed to me, but yet, I executed an intelligent game plan and came away with wins I had NO BUSINESS chalking up... And vice versa.... I have taken on teams with 2-9 records, and have had my a_ _ (rhymes with grass) handed to me.... Sooooo, you just don't know with these suckers.... You cannot get too cocky and you cannot get to bummed, ya just gotta play the game right and make the best decision possible....

Sheeeooot, many times when I get into my "zone", I swear that I can hear Coach Chuckie in my ear telling me how to scheme up the Defense or Offense....

Keep enjoying them.... Peace..

Slider Wiz out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #1246
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Just wanted to report that I have tried these on normal speed with just a couple tweeks to only the human sliders and I am really digging these even more now. The game on normal to me still feels very smooth and the tackling has gotten better imo. There are a lot less car wreck type tackles and more smooth looking wrap up tackles. To me that was the one thing about this set that stood out to me. The challenge is still there which is a must. I had some really amazing games last night. Just wanted to mention that these work beautifully for those who want to try the normal game speed. I am hooked Wiz, thanks!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... You got me "jonesing" for breaking out some lab work on "Normal Speed"....

I assumed, but never flushed it out, that if I did my job correctly, and TRULY built "BALANCED" sliders, that you peeps should be able to change the speed and possibly have to futz with CPU and/or HUM RUN REAC, PASS REAC, RUN BLK, and PASS RUSH sliders....

And while on the subject of "BALANCED" sliders, I recently received a PM from a Maddenite asking me why I did not have the same slider settings for both CPU and HUM, yet constantly play up the point that I seek "balance" in the lab....

I hope to tackle this sometime soon, because it is my opinion that many promising slider theories fall short because of the idea that IF the HUM and CPU do not have IDENTICAL slider settings, then you have given the CPU an "unfair" advantage, and in essence NO LONGER have balance in the game, and the CPU will be thumping you constantly game in and game out.... As you can readily see from the positive reviews on the XMAS Sliders, "BALANCE" in not necessarily born from having the exact same sliders for the HUM and CPU....

Slider Wiz out.

the Gospel of Madden has spoken
Old 12-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #1247
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
Hey Wiz, long time listener, first time caller.

Been using your sliders for a while now, but haven't posted any scores or anything.

I just finished a full season offline CCM with the 49ers and won the Superbowl. I love how these sliders make games dynamic and play out differently. Some games I can run Gore up the middle and get 4+ YPC. Other games (like my last two) I'm lucky to get 3 YPC and have to rely on the my passing game. My second to last game was against the Packers, and I had trouble running toward Matthews. It's awesome to have to actually scheme to win games.

I'm also seeing some penalties that I've never had called before. I had a couple defensive PI calls on short slants, where the CPU MLB blocked my WR's route. I had an illegal touch penalty called against myself (didn't know that penalty existed in Madden) too. Obviously EA/Tiburon needs to tune the penalty frequencies (among a plethora of other things), but you've at least helped mitigate the issue.

I'm loving the tackle settings you've got. I've witnessed a great variety of unique tackling animations. Power backs, TE's and big WR's will truck smaller DB's, but get laid out by LB's. I watched a CPU RB hurdle his downed lineman and get tackled mid-air, only to flip horizontally before getting smashed by another tackler (still in mid-air). It would've made SportsCenter.

As far as a critique goes, the only problems I have with your sliders are:

CPU passing ability: I was seeing guys like Rodgers and Brady have <50% completion and making inaccurate throws to open receivers, so I increased CPU QB ACC and WR CTH and lowering USER INT. Seems to work. Though too often pass heavy teams (Packers, Patriots, Saints) won't pass enough. In the Superbowl against the Pats, Brady marched them into the redzone four times and ran the ball on every play before acquiescing to a FG. The Patriots finished the Superbowl with literally zero redzone passing attempts but twelve redzone rushing attempts. Oh well, it's just too bad sliders can't fix bad AI playcalling.

USER dropped passes: I have Crabtree in his second season, and he has 90+ CTH, CIT, and yet was dropping open passes (once dropping 4 of 6 targets). I raised USER catching to 49.

USER pass rushing: I'm getting too many sacks against the CPU, and pressuring the QB on nearly every dropback. I've noticed the LOLB gets more pressure on the QB than the ROLB (in a 3-4), so Brooks was outperforming Aldon. I switched their positions, and now Aldon is way too beastly (rated 99 OVR). I had 9 team sacks last game. It's especially bad against QB's that have their scrambling trait turned on (Vick), since they'll usually scramble into their own lineman and fall. It's as if EA programmed the Sanchez butt-fumble into the AI. Thinking of adjusting either CPU pass blocking, or USER pass rush, any suggestions?

Option Reads: Using Kaepernick on option plays is too easy at times. I finished last season setting the NFL record for QB rushing yards with 1200, averaging 9 YPC. Even in games where the CPU is stuffing Gore for small gains, I'll be able to option Kaep with success. I was thinking of boosting CPU run reaction, while reducing block shedding? I'm basically looking to balance the run difficulty between standard power running and option running, if that makes sense.

Fatigue/Subs: I know they're broken, but I hate seeing guys like Willis getting subbed. I read somewhere that 10 of the 49ers 11 starting defensive players NEVER subbed out last season (unless changing formations). It might be 11/11 now that Aldon is an every down player. But Willis and a few others should never be subbed under any circumstance. On offense I've seen my OL get subbed out on longer drives, which shouldn't happen, especially guys like Staley or Iupati. And still I'm not seeing enough of my 2nd string HB. This isn't your fault, it's EA's broken coding. They need an option for a HB by-committee slider.

Besides those minor things, your sliders are awesome, and the only reason I can continue playing Madden. I appreciate your hard work Wiz, and everyone that contributed to this thread.

Here's my stats from the first two games of the 2013 season:

Packers (CPU) vs 49ers Won 20-12

GB - SF
Offensive yards... 319 - 357
Pass yards... 251 - 235
Rush yards... 68 - 122
First downs... 15 - 13
Turnovers... 2 - 1
ToP... 38:26 - 21:34

Rodgers... 13/18 174yds 2INT (he got injured early in the 3rd)
Coleman... 12/17 121 (Rodgers' backup played well, even better than Rodgers)
Hightower... 18att 55yds 3.1

Kaepernick... 12/21 260yds 2TD
Gore... 17att 31yds 1 fumble
Kaepernick... 7att 65yds 1 fumble
Hunter... 3att 20yds

They had to settle for FG's in the redzone. I had 7 sacks (Aldon had 3), they had 4 against me.

49ers @ Eagles (CPU) Won 42-17

SF - PHI
Offensive yards... 460 - 259
Pass yards... 262 - 94
Rush yards... 198 - 165
First downs... 17 - 9
Total yards... 554 - 307 (includes punt returns)
ToP... 34:47 - 25:13

Kaepernick... 19/25 286 6TD 1INT
Kaepernick... 8att 104yds
Gore... 22att 66yds
Hunter... 3att 28yds

Vick.. 12/17 141yds 2TD 1NT
Vick 5att 31yds 1 fumble
McCoy... 16att 96yds
Avant... 2att 38yds

My defense had 9 sacks. Vick was awful. He'd try to avoid a sack, but just run into another defender or his own teammate (butt-fumble AI). Eagles stuffed the box on nearly every play, so I was forced to air it out more than normal, which led to the inflated passing stats. I almost had a 7th TD pass but my rookie WR dropped it.

Awwwwwww shuuuuuuuucks .....

Sooooo, I guess you like them?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for taking time out of your HECTIC holiday schedule to drop the thread a line.... WOW, absolutely AMAZING... You have NO IDEA how much your feedback is valued....

It is thanks to guys like yourself, that step up and dish to us the criticisms, that these sliders become what they become.... I truly believe that the "customer is always right" and if I am going to throw my hat into the ring and ask for your business, then I better listen to what the customer is telling me is not working....

I have already printed out your criticisms and will make sure that some lab time is dedicated to seeing if anything can be done to "smooth over" M13's play to improve upon the areas that you have identified as unpolished....

Slider Wiz out.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:53 AM   #1248
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... You got me "jonesing" for breaking out some lab work on "Normal Speed"....

I assumed, but never flushed it out, that if I did my job correctly, and TRULY built "BALANCED" sliders, that you peeps should be able to change the speed and possibly have to futz with CPU and/or HUM RUN REAC, PASS REAC, RUN BLK, and PASS RUSH sliders....

And while on the subject of "BALANCED" sliders, I recently received a PM from a Maddenite asking me why I did not have the same slider settings for both CPU and HUM, yet constantly play up the point that I seek "balance" in the lab....

I hope to tackle this sometime soon, because it is my opinion that many promising slider theories fall short because of the idea that IF the HUM and CPU do not have IDENTICAL slider settings, then you have given the CPU an "unfair" advantage, and in essence NO LONGER have balance in the game, and the CPU will be thumping you constantly game in and game out.... As you can readily see from the positive reviews on the XMAS Sliders, "BALANCE" in not necessarily born from having the exact same sliders for the HUM and CPU....

Slider Wiz out.

the Gospel of Madden has spoken
Oh man, I did very little tweaking on normal and it was a blast. I still got my behind handed to me but as I have posted before I am struggling in the run game with your set. I would be very interested to see what you come up with using normal speed as I am sure you could put out an amazing product. Either way I am digging the faster speed as it just puts something into the game that is always just missing on slower speeds. Look forward to see what you decide to do if anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »