Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-26-2012, 10:15 PM   #1257
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
Wiz, Slider Wiz, what are your thoughts on the pass game now that you've had some more time with it? At times I like what I see, at times I smh en-route to a TD lol.

I'm not having difficulties stopping the run like some are, just follow the great advice that was given in this thread, and it should be pretty manageable. I'm sure it helps that I'm the (uninjured) Ravens though.

My brudda from annudda mudda....

I like what I see, but it there IS ROOM for improvement...

I get the feeling that the GREAT / ELITE QB's are not using there full arsenal of talent... I get the feeling that too many HUM sacks are caused by the CPU QB not taking the check-off play... I get the feeling that the CPU DB's still seem to have an "advantage" in the balance between the HUM WR and CPU DB interaction.... Going back and looking at my notes from the lab, and I think that I sold us short on the value/advantages gained from setting the INTGRND'ING penalty slider at "50" rather than lower... However, that being said, the OPI/DPI penalty ratio settings have DONE WONDERS to open up the passing game...

Separately, the CPU run game may be tuned a "tad" too high on the RUN BLK slider, since I have had numerous games where I am forced to be "8" in the box, to stand a chance to stop the likes of Reggie Bush, Chris Johnson, and all the other "scat-back" type of runners that can exploit small spaces and the benefits of having a blocker being able to hold their defensive player just a "tad' too long so that the scat-back can scoot through the holes....

Hopefully I can get some meaningful time in the lab to address these issues along with others

Slider Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:41 PM   #1258
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
My brudda from annudda mudda....

I like what I see, but it there IS ROOM for improvement...

I get the feeling that the GREAT / ELITE QB's are not using there full arsenal of talent... I get the feeling that too many HUM sacks are caused by the CPU QB not taking the check-off play... I get the feeling that the CPU DB's still seem to have an "advantage" in the balance between the HUM WR and CPU DB interaction.... Going back and looking at my notes from the lab, and I think that I sold us short on the value/advantages gained from setting the INTGRND'ING penalty slider at "50" rather than lower... However, that being said, the OPI/DPI penalty ratio settings have DONE WONDERS to open up the passing game...

Separately, the CPU run game may be tuned a "tad" too high on the RUN BLK slider, since I have had numerous games where I am forced to be "8" in the box, to stand a chance to stop the likes of Reggie Bush, Chris Johnson, and all the other "scat-back" type of runners that can exploit small spaces and the benefits of having a blocker being able to hold their defensive player just a "tad' too long so that the scat-back can scoot through the holes....

Hopefully I can get some meaningful time in the lab to address these issues along with others

Slider Wiz out.

I will def agree with the CPU run block being a little over powered. In every game I also have to put 8 in the box to have a chance at stopping the run. I just played Green Bay using the Seachicks and I was finding it difficult to stop their backs no matter who had the rock.

The thing that I notice most about it was that they would not really pass unless I got them into 3rd and long and that's not really their style. I don't think it is a play book issue as much as a the run is overpowering issue. I am looking for great backs to be tough to stop all day, not the Green Bay backs. Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:31 AM   #1259
Pro

OVR: 5

Either I am going SENILE, or there are some Maddenites that have been less then forthcoming with their TRUE game experiences off of my recommendations and theories....

I have just played 3 consecutive games on my CCM franchise and the RB AUTO-SUBS worked ... I was getting about 3/4 of the carries to the starter and 1/4 to the secondary RB's.... Not only that, I was getting healthy rotations out of the D-Line and WR's as well.... What gives OS?

No, the settings I used ARE NOT the XMAS settings, but they are based on theories and lab observations that I have posted in this thread as well as others....

Kind of "miff's" me because it is hard to get to the lab with any consistency and be able to "plop" down in my LAZ-BOY for hours on end to test out my theories and observations fully.... I was hoping that by posting my lab work, some Maddenite would take the torch and run with it and give us all in OS feedback on what TRULY they observed...

Welllll, like they say, if you want the job DONE RIGHT, ya gotta do it yourself....

Now that I got that off my chest, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE figure out what the proper sub in/out averages for the NFL in general per positions and post them.... I will be more than happy to futz with them in the AUTO-SUB settings and see if my avg's come out close to NFL averages...

Lates...

Disappointed Slider Wiz

Old 12-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #1260
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Now that I got that off my chest, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE figure out what the proper sub in/out averages for the NFL in general per positions and post them.... I will be more than happy to futz with them in the AUTO-SUB settings and see if my avg's come out close to NFL averages...
I use this site now that Pro Football Focus has gone to the paywall stuff:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Which is what made me give up on the auto-subs, because I couldn't hit these numbers without lowering fatigue...and then you don't hit the DL/HB ones...

Hopefully, you'll have better luck.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:22 AM   #1261
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

For what it's worth, I did say that the autosub splits were pretty good for RBs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #1262
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
As far as the auto subs go I am happy to see the rotations I have been experiencing. I played a couple test games last night, just messing around with things and I had the CPU rotating 3 different backs throughout the game. I was also seeing 3 backs rotate in on the user side as well. Also had some DE rotation on longer drives. All is good on that front for what I am seeing.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #1263
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Made a couple a tweaks to these sliders and I'm having amazing hard fought games against the CPU. From shoot outs to low scoring grind them out games.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 12-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #1264
Pro

OVR: 6

Wiz,

I have fooled with the auto subs to no end this year. I also tried your accelerated clock off theory with various levels of fatigue. I have also tried Acermina's theory about using the bar positions versus numerical values.

The same problem presents itself again and again. You can raise the fatigue and you will see the rotation at RB, DL, and the occasional WR, but it will come at the expense of seeing subs in at O Line and in the defensive secondary. Positions that rarely, if ever, sub (outside of packages or injury).

To keep the players in at O line and in the secondary, you will have to lower fatigue to such a level that the RB subbing is very minimal. You can, however, lower the fatigue and maintain a decent D Line rotation.

Either way, players do not sub properly. They will only come out of the game when in the red, regardless of your sub settings.

Pick your poison. The subs are flat out broken IMO with no foreseeable fix from EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »