Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #1329
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Had to ditch some of the ideas that the SLOW speed slider sets were built on, specifically the tackle (on normal speed high tackle setting creates a pinball machine on my flat), run block, break tackle and pass rush settings.... And while on the subject of pass rush, getting a four man pass rush to apply proper pressure (using the under 75 rule of course) is kind of like the SUB IN / SUB OUT function, it's broken.... Unless some peep has "cracked" how to get a three, and/or, four man rush to apply proper pressure in under 3.5 seconds without BLOWING UP the "LE GLITCH", I am moving on from trying to get a 3 and/or 4 man pass rush to properly work...
Have you tried putting Holding on 0? I think with Normal and up, it helps "weaken" the blocking. I know some guys have seen pressure/sacks from the other side and I know I seen the CPU get off that edge on me.

Just thought I'd mention it in case you haven't tried it in your testing. But, yeah, it's overall screwed.

Interesting thoughts on tackle slider. Maybe I don't know what the pinball machine type effect you mention looks like, but I find even the wrap up tackles work better (since they don't fail, leaving only the big ones to work). The only pinballing is the ball carriers' head against McClain's helmet and then the ground.

Maybe Normal is that place where Slow it doesn't happen and Fast+ it happens either too fast to happen or the animation plays faster so it doesn't get to happen?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #1330
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Have you tried putting Holding on 0? I think with Normal and up, it helps "weaken" the blocking. I know some guys have seen pressure/sacks from the other side and I know I seen the CPU get off that edge on me.

Just thought I'd mention it in case you haven't tried it in your testing. But, yeah, it's overall screwed.

Interesting thoughts on tackle slider. Maybe I don't know what the pinball machine type effect you mention looks like, but I find even the wrap up tackles work better (since they don't fail, leaving only the big ones to work). The only pinballing is the ball carriers' head against McClain's helmet and then the ground.

Maybe Normal is that place where Slow it doesn't happen and Fast+ it happens either too fast to happen or the animation plays faster so it doesn't get to happen?

KB:

Waddup stud?

Yeah, I am futzing with "holding penalty" in the lab, I just have not been able to embrace playing football and having ZERO penalties.... I figured HOLDING, FACEMASK, and FALSE START could hold the fort down to achieve 4-5 penalties a game per team to achieve some semblance of reality....

Where I am stuck is with Punt Catch Interference (PCI) slider.... I have revisited penalties influence on the game and at the present time I am playing with a zero setting for roughing kicker, and have zeroed out roughing the passer as well.... PCI I moved up to 50 to balance roughing the kicker, but once I moved to NORMAL speed, I felt I lost some of the angles and aggressiveness I liked from having the PCI and ROUGHKICK penalty sliders set so low on my Xmas sliders.... Sooooo, I started sliding PCI down in increments of 10, and right about at 36-39, it gets kinda freaky.... It seems that all of a sudden the O-Line turns into a sieve and D-lineman can just bull/swim rush themselves into the QB's lap, totally overpower the O-Line..... This solves my three/four man pressure on the QB problem, but totally unrealistic to see the O-line cave so badly.... When I go to 40 PCI, the pass rush tames itself once again and running the rock for the CPU become easier to the point of unrealistic....

The pinball effect that I am referring to and I believe other Maddenites have also seen, happens when the tackle setting passes a particular threshold, not sure of the exact number at this point, but certainly at 55 it is evident... So at 55 you see very entertaining flips and spins among other gymnastics, as a consequence of the "violent" hits on the ball carrier by a tackler.... Futz the tackle slider down to 45 and the "crazy gymnastics as a consequence of the high tackle slider" dissipate.... Dunno, maybe my eyeballs are just tired from all the lab work that was put in today...

Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:59 AM   #1331
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Where I am stuck is with Punt Catch Interference (PCI) slider.... I have revisited penalties influence on the game and at the present time I am playing with a zero setting for roughing kicker, and have zeroed out roughing the passer as well.... PCI I moved up to 50 to balance roughing the kicker, but once I moved to NORMAL speed, I felt I lost some of the angles and aggressiveness I liked from having the PCI and ROUGHKICK penalty sliders set so low on my Xmas sliders.... Sooooo, I started sliding PCI down in increments of 10, and right about at 36-39, it gets kinda freaky.... It seems that all of a sudden the O-Line turns into a sieve and D-lineman can just bull/swim rush themselves into the QB's lap, totally overpower the O-Line..... This solves my three/four man pressure on the QB problem, but totally unrealistic to see the O-line cave so badly.... When I go to 40 PCI, the pass rush tames itself once again and running the rock for the CPU become easier to the point of unrealistic....
Very interesting - would explain why the pass rush suddenly picked up - I put the PCI at 0. I think increasing speed also adds to the rush, playing out the animations and results more quickly. The combination really can get things going. Then adjusting holding and pass blocking can tweak the timing.

Of course, I like the heightened pass rush. I swear sometimes it's less than 3.5 seconds (on Fast anyway) but that might just be me being "Oblivious" to the pressure

I'm almost where you are with Roughing the Kicker and Passer. I have 0 for the roughing kicker, 15 (for now) for roughing passer. You have me intrigued to try just going to 0.

Yeah, football with no flags is weird. And then using the set I'm trying to mess with now that has penalty sliders up is like WTF is this? Why is the rush tame? Where's the LB aggression? LOL. Then I go to lower and have to remember (oh yeah, I'm trying to GET penalties with this one). Of course, with the no penalties, the defense can be so strong...it might be 3-0 if there were penalties

Quote:
The pinball effect that I am referring to and I believe other Maddenites have also seen, happens when the tackle setting passes a particular threshold, not sure of the exact number at this point, but certainly at 55 it is evident... So at 55 you see very entertaining flips and spins among other gymnastics, as a consequence of the "violent" hits on the ball carrier by a tackler.... Futz the tackle slider down to 45 and the "crazy gymnastics as a consequence of the high tackle slider" dissipate.... Dunno, maybe my eyeballs are just tired from all the lab work that was put in today...

Ooooh, that - yeah, I see that. Of course, I saw it on Slow somewhat (it probably is worse on higher game speeds because it seems like speed is somehow accounted for in the 'physics' of the game). Things happen faster, move faster and faster movement on impact...

How are the tackle rates on 45? I'm not totally adverse to trying to "pretty up" things...but I'm a production-first, so I worry about seeing too many missed tackles - both for the defenders as well as the 'extra' big plays and yards resulting from the misses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #1332
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
KB:

Waddup stud?

Yeah, I am futzing with "holding penalty" in the lab, I just have not been able to embrace playing football and having ZERO penalties.... I figured HOLDING, FACEMASK, and FALSE START could hold the fort down to achieve 4-5 penalties a game per team to achieve some semblance of reality...
I have been using this exact strategy for some time now with FM 62, FS 82, and Holding 54. I have a pretty extensive sample size and the penalty numbers come out great. Eerily close the the NFL average (6 per game per team for 53 yards or so).

I can't play football w/o penalties....it ain't right!

Normal speed is where it's at IMO...much better gaming experience.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 01-21-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #1333
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I have been using this exact strategy for some time now with FM 62, FS 82, and Holding 54. I have a pretty extensive sample size and the penalty numbers come out great. Eerily close the the NFL average (6 per game per team for 53 yards or so).
That's close to what I'm trying with the new set. I think I have FM 60, FS 85, Holding either 54 or 60.

The thing is getting the same "no penalty" game play with the penalties...I don't like the gameplay with the blocking juiced, but the OL acceleration dropped...that's the issues I'm having. Along with the pass rush sucking because of the 54 roughing the passer.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #1334
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
That's close to what I'm trying with the new set. I think I have FM 60, FS 85, Holding either 54 or 60.

The thing is getting the same "no penalty" game play with the penalties...I don't like the gameplay with the blocking juiced, but the OL acceleration dropped...that's the issues I'm having. Along with the pass rush sucking because of the 54 roughing the passer.
I went ahead and dropped the RTP down to 25 or 0, can't remember off hand. It doesn't get called enough at 54 to matter and you can get plenty of 15 yarders with the FM slider cranked up. You get tired of hearing "facemask", but I just think of it as face mask, helmet to helmet, horse collar, personal foul, etc.

I am trying PB 0/15 Pass Rush 7/12 on normal speed with holding at 54 and like the feel of it thus far.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 01-21-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #1335
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Very interesting - would explain why the pass rush suddenly picked up - I put the PCI at 0. I think increasing speed also adds to the rush, playing out the animations and results more quickly. The combination really can get things going. Then adjusting holding and pass blocking can tweak the timing.

Of course, I like the heightened pass rush. I swear sometimes it's less than 3.5 seconds (on Fast anyway) but that might just be me being "Oblivious" to the pressure

I'm almost where you are with Roughing the Kicker and Passer. I have 0 for the roughing kicker, 15 (for now) for roughing passer. You have me intrigued to try just going to 0.

Yeah, football with no flags is weird. And then using the set I'm trying to mess with now that has penalty sliders up is like WTF is this? Why is the rush tame? Where's the LB aggression? LOL. Then I go to lower and have to remember (oh yeah, I'm trying to GET penalties with this one). Of course, with the no penalties, the defense can be so strong...it might be 3-0 if there were penalties

Ooooh, that - yeah, I see that. Of course, I saw it on Slow somewhat (it probably is worse on higher game speeds because it seems like speed is somehow accounted for in the 'physics' of the game). Things happen faster, move faster and faster movement on impact...

How are the tackle rates on 45? I'm not totally adverse to trying to "pretty up" things...but I'm a production-first, so I worry about seeing too many missed tackles - both for the defenders as well as the 'extra' big plays and yards resulting from the misses.
Probably lean toward the production on 55, however 45 is not hideous.... I am occasionally seeing some "big" plays on some busted tackling from weak tackling skilled LB's and some whiffs from good-to-average tackling skilled safeties... Not a deal breaker in my book per se....

If I had to rank it it would go like this:

Prefer 45 to 55 to eliminate the "violent hit gymnastics" to the ball carrier

Prefer 55 to 45 to significantly tame "whiffs" by poor tackling LB's and Safeties

Will probably settle at 50 and futz with RUN REAC and then call it a day....

Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #1336
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I went ahead and dropped the RTP down to 25 or 0, can't remember off hand. It doesn't get called enough at 54 to matter and you can get plenty of 15 yarders with the FM slider cranked up. You get tired of hearing "facemask", but I just think of it as face mask, helmet to helmet, horse collar, personal foul, etc.

I am trying PB 0/15 Pass Rush 7/12 on normal speed with holding at 54 and like the feel of it thus far.
I don't know - I just had it called 3 times (at 54) in the Ravens/Pats game (week 3, not playoffs) I'm running. It gave the Pats a 'free' 1st down instead of a FG attempt and they got a TD.

One called against the Pats - kept Ravens drive alive - got a TD.

So far, this game is looking like on I could live with for this set. Hopefully, no Madden BS ruins it at the end. Enjoying it so much I might try this on my Oakland CCM.

Ironically, it's the most called penalty in this game (must have heard you talking about it LOL). 1 FS, 2 Holds, 3 RTP (total calls, 3 penalties on each side so far).

I am playing on Fast, but Normal is pretty much the same, I think. So it should work as the Normal+ and as using 295-points or less for the User.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »