Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #1425
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Well thats just weird. Was just about to ask the same thing.

So ditto above?
Personally.... yes, I do change the playbook ... I have ABSOLUTELY fallen in love with the Carolina Panthers offensive and defensive book.... The "read-option/Pistol" playbook, with the right QB and RB tandem, is a thing of beauty.... I have not mastered it yet, but the few plays that I do have the timing mastered are a thing of beauty to watch... I have this one play called the "triple option", which is a fake hand off up the middle to the H-back, and then the QB takes the ball for a read option play, off-tackle, while the I back trails the QB by 3 -4 yards... Depending on what the OLB commits to, the QB can keep the ball and gain 6-8 yards on a scamper off-tackle until the Safeties make a play or the MLB catches you from behind .... If the OLB makes a play on the QB, the QB simply tosses it to the trailing I-Back for a quick 5-7 yard sweep to the outside before the Safeties make a play.... The key to this play is have a great possession WR that can block out the CB from blowing the play up in the backfield....

Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #1426
Rookie

KingRealistic's Arena

OVR: 6

Wiz, i wanted to ask for your opinion about adjusting something. I wana know if it'll
work.
I have
CPU RUNNING
Broken Tackles 0
Run Blocking 47
Fumbles 70

And USER RUN DEFENSE
Reaction Time 10
Block Shedding 10
Tackling 40

I feel User Run Reaction Time at 10 has the defense reacting too slow for their ratings, assuming that Run Defense Reaction Time affects how well player's react on runs depending on their awareness, play recognition and pursuit ratings. I had Vilma who has 85+ play recognition and 80+ pursuit rating and he wouldn't react til the RB passes the line of scrimmage but by then, he's already getting blocked. And every RB I've played against has ran for over 150+ yds because i feel my guys are just reacting too slow.
These sliders are LOTS of fun though!!!
Me and my bro been playing all day yesterday and today lol.
Im Saints and i am 1W-9L-1T with J. Locker at QB. >,< lol. Yeeeeah.. horrible.

So can i raise Run Reaction Time to 15 maybe?
Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #1427
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
But yeah, the issue is PASS RUSH .... If you do not get enough pressure on the QB when in zones or man to man with a 4 man rush, then the CPU QB will carve you up with passes for 10+ yards ... Fix the HUM pass rush issue within the Under 75 rule, and you will fix the CPU avg. yards per pass issue .... I have tried to "zero-out" the CPU/HUM PASS BLK slider, but then all of a sudden you get "inflated" sack #'s and you are not necessarily fixing the CPU QB avg yards per pass completion issue.... Move the PASS RUSH slider up and the same thing seems to happen, the LE sack glitch blows up and you start getting unrealistic sack numbers for either the CPU or HUM, or both...
Have you tried low (but not zero) pass block and pass rush? I'm using that now for any (under 75 or under 295) and it seems to work pretty well. The LE glitch is still there, but I see the right side give heat as well (I took 3 sacks last game and 2 were from the CPUs ROLB). I get sacks, usually from blitzing from various angles since that's my defensive personality (my usual LB trio has 15 sacks combined - 19 with the SS's added in, and 22 with my backup/situational LBs added it).

LE Houston does have 9 (in 15 games), but my LOLB has 8.

If my DBs and LBs are doing what they are supposed to, I can keep the Y/A down to something reasonable, even if they rack up raw yards. If they give up some big plays...well...but then it's personnel/strategy and not sliders that I need to adjust.

Quote:
What sucks is that as your raise OPI, sacks go up and the LE sack glitch becomes more pronounced, since it takes longer for avg receivers to get into their routes hence creating more of an opportunity to get sacked.... Of course you could counter this by calling short slants, flats, screens, but if you decide to go mid field or for a bomb, more times than not, you are facing a sack .....
Isn't that realistic?

If I'm trying to go vertical with a bunch of average RTE, mid-range (for WR) speed guys, routes will take a long time to develop, and you'll need better protection (or an outlet target/safety valve)?

Otherwise, I'd need to go intermediate and short to work the passing game (and get playmaker WR). Sounds like a good strategic choice to have to make.

Last edited by KBLover; 02-12-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #1428
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRealistic
Wiz, i wanted to ask for your opinion about adjusting something. I wana know if it'll
work.
I have
CPU RUNNING
Broken Tackles 0
Run Blocking 47
Fumbles 70

And USER RUN DEFENSE
Reaction Time 10
Block Shedding 10
Tackling 40

I feel User Run Reaction Time at 10 has the defense reacting too slow for their ratings, assuming that Run Defense Reaction Time affects how well player's react on runs depending on their awareness, play recognition and pursuit ratings. I had Vilma who has 85+ play recognition and 80+ pursuit rating and he wouldn't react til the RB passes the line of scrimmage but by then, he's already getting blocked. And every RB I've played against has ran for over 150+ yds because i feel my guys are just reacting too slow.
These sliders are LOTS of fun though!!!
Me and my bro been playing all day yesterday and today lol.
Im Saints and i am 1W-9L-1T with J. Locker at QB. >,< lol. Yeeeeah.. horrible.

So can i raise Run Reaction Time to 15 maybe?
My brudda from annudda mudda:

These sliders are base recommendations .... If you are having a challenge to stop the CPU running game, raise BOTH, HUM RUN REAC & HUM BLK SHED, in TANDEM.... I would go up be increments of 2 units, until you find your happy point.... Just keep in mind that whatever total unit value that you go up in HUM RUN REAC & HUM BLK SHED, you MUST ALSO drop HUM TKL by the SAME VALUE .... For example... If you raise HUM RUN REAC by 2 units and raise HUM BLK SHED by 2 units, then you MUST drop HUM TKL by 4 units.... In my personal experience, dropping HUM TKL below 45, and certainly 40, you create A LOT of missed tackles by your stud tacklers.... FYI....

Personally, I have been able to keep the CPU running game avg. 3.2 yds/carry and typically under 100 yards per game ... But I do realize that after so many hours playing M13, my skills have improved and may be sharper than some of the peeps that use my recs....

Enjoy ...

Wiz out.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #1429
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Have you tried low (but not zero) pass block and pass rush? I'm using that now for any (under 75 or under 295) and it seems to work pretty well. The LE glitch is still there, but I see the right side give heat as well (I took 3 sacks last game and 2 were from the CPUs ROLB). I get sacks, usually from blitzing from various angles since that's my defensive personality (my usual LB trio has 15 sacks combined - 19 with the SS's added in, and 22 with my backup/situational LBs added it).

LE Houston does have 9 (in 15 games), but my LOLB has 8.

If my DBs and LBs are doing what they are supposed to, I can keep the Y/A down to something reasonable, even if they rack up raw yards. If they give up some big plays...well...but then it's personnel/strategy and not sliders that I need to adjust.

Isn't that realistic?

If I'm trying to go vertical with a bunch of average RTE, mid-range (for WR) speed guys, routes will take a long time to develop, and you'll need better protection (or an outlet target/safety valve)?

Otherwise, I'd need to go intermediate and short to work the passing game (and get playmaker WR). Sounds like a good strategic choice to have to make.
KB:

Good insight my man.... I did not futz too much with PASS BLK or PASS RUSH in this slider set, but will make an effort to mess with it in the coming days/weeks....

Regarding WR RTE development, I have found that a setting of "41" for OPI and "45" for DPI provides a real beautiful balance and counterbalance between WR's and DB's .... I plan on trying to figure out the balance for OPI & DPI when I set the PASS REAC to "50" for both .... I really want to try to eliminate DB mirroring as much as possible, without killing the passing stats for the HUM/CPU QB's ....

Once again, thanks for the insight and observations...

Wiz out.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #1430
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
KB:

Good insight my man.... I did not futz too much with PASS BLK or PASS RUSH in this slider set, but will make an effort to mess with it in the coming days/weeks....

Regarding WR RTE development, I have found that a setting of "41" for OPI and "45" for DPI provides a real beautiful balance and counterbalance between WR's and DB's .... I plan on trying to figure out the balance for OPI & DPI when I set the PASS REAC to "50" for both .... I really want to try to eliminate DB mirroring as much as possible, without killing the passing stats for the HUM/CPU QB's ....

Once again, thanks for the insight and observations...

Wiz out.

So what have you noticed OPI/DPI effects most? I see you haven't moved them much. I am still playing with them both on 50. Would lowering OPI make the WRs more effective in route running or when the ball is in air or both?
Old 02-13-2013, 04:00 AM   #1431
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
So what have you noticed OPI/DPI effects most? I see you haven't moved them much. I am still playing with them both on 50. Would lowering OPI make the WRs more effective in route running or when the ball is in air or both?

SesameStreet:

What my lab data supports is that BY LOWERING OPI, the receiver is in his route faster and keying on the QB, anticipating his throw.... Depending on where you dial in the DPI, and where you are setting PASS REAC, you can CERTAINLY tip the scales decidely in the WR's favor....

And while on the subject....

I think I found the magic combo while I was in the lab tonight for the OPI/DPI mix and having PASS REAC at 50 (also experimenting with CPU PASS REAC at "0").... For all practical purposes, it looks as if I have eliminated "DB mirroring" and the DB's are REACTING to the play in front of them....

With KB's encouragement, I was also able to produce YPC AVG.'s consistently of 4.5 - 7 after 5 games I played and the sacks did not go way out of control....

I am going to experiment some more to make sure my data is not "fools gold" and if it turns out to be correct, I will post the "tweaks" to my sliders that will finally produce NFL accurate YPC AVG.'s for the CPU QB, without letting the sack numbers go haywire, and if that was not enough, minimized DB "mirroring" to be almost non-existent, in other words, the DB's are REACTING to the play and not "SYNCING" to the WR....

Holy crap am I excited with what I am seeing on my flat screen.... FINALLY... FLUID WR play between the DB's & WR's.... Of course, I got to play many games to see how the CPU/HUM QB completion %'s numbers end up....

Wiz out.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 02-13-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2013, 05:02 AM   #1432
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I think I found the magic combo while I was in the lab tonight for the OPI/DPI mix and having PASS REAC at 50 (also experimenting with CPU PASS REAC at "0").... For all practical purposes, it looks as if I have eliminated "DB mirroring" and the DB's are REACTING to the play in front of them....
Sounds really good. I'm looking forward to seeing if the results stand up to a larger sample size.

I remember you mentioning that over 45 Pass Reaction, the corners would do some stupid behaviors - did the PIs you're using eliminate that?

Defenders play coverage stupidly enough, imo, even when they are playing "well".

Last edited by KBLover; 02-13-2013 at 05:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »