Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-15-2013, 03:24 AM   #1449
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAB8
How about setting Right Tackle to Pass Blocker? Would that also help tame the LE sack problem? Never thought of doing this before as I have always matched the scheme to the starters player card. I am trying to tame Bruce Irvin for me as the USER, he has like 20 through 8 games, and 3 were played on the RE as Clemons was hurt(Just one game on your set so far, 8 sacks, from all around vs. Lions using Pass Balanced PB.)

My RT Giacomini is only 75 ovr, 76 PBlk and gave up 4 that game as well. I'll have to check how I have his set.

I have my RT on Balanced as I'm a running team that goes off tackle (Vermeil playbook - a lot of outside zones/off tackle runs). He (Otah) gave up 1 or 2...which would be an improvement for his craptastic PBK.

CPU is set to Big Mauler at RT and I got 2 off him - one with Houston, one with K.J. Wright who subbed for Bullock (fatigue, I took him out myself since Bullock was about to kill himself in the first quarter with 7 tackles and playing on ST) in a 2-4-5 acting as LE. Though I got 2 off the other side, too, one with McClain acting as RE in 2-4-5 and one with Walters out of the 3-3-5.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:34 AM   #1450
Pro

OVR: 6

I was just thinking about the Yards Per Pass Attempt figures again and I was wondering if EA removed the sack yardage from the equation or just used total passing yards when calculating the YPAtt you see in the game stats.

I can't look right now, but I am going to look into this when I get a chance. Not removing the sack loss yardage from the passing yards would inflate this number to the high side as we've been seeing, especially from the CPU.

Wiz, I have been using your (Christmas?) setting for pass block pass rush at 10/17 and 0/0 and the sack numbers have been very realistic. I like this setting better than the 9/9 and 0/0 you have in your latest set.

I have found that developing a habit of stepping up in the pocket before throwing greatly diminishes the LE glitch and is the best measure you can take to avoid sacks. It's tough to get used to, as it was really never required in past Maddens, but it makes a big difference. This, along with slide protection (which actually works pretty well in this year's Madden) and keeping RBs or TEs in to block when there's heavy blitz pressure (especially from QB right) mitigates the LE sack effect and, of course, sacks in general.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 02-15-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #1451
Rookie

OVR: 4

Love it love it love it - however. Can I suggest Threshold 75.

This might be utter bs, but after testing different levels, I've noticed that at 75 threshold the pursuit angles and awareness of the players seem so much better. Its odd I know but also the right players rack up the tackles.

Even though I was on the wrong end of a brilliant defensive game 9-0 against Seattle (i was Arizona). I know embarrassing to be shut out, I could have taken 3 at the end of the game but would have meant nothing.

Kolb as always was a let down. - 22/41 193 2 INT

Lynch just pounded me - 31 for 161.

Both defenses played really well and was great to get reward for the right calls. There was even an illegal touch called on a big 3rd down play!!

Pats next lol - let you know if this Threshold at 75 plays well again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #1452
Rookie

OVR: 4

OMG!!

What a lovely smooth game and incredible to boot.

Ok here goes -

After a dull nil score first quarter, the game burst into life when Ridley danced through my defense to score first. Kolb then marched down the field and responded with a TD to Wells.

A Feely FG put me up 10-7

As expected, Brady woke up and the Pats scored back to back TD's. one to Floyd and then of course Gronk got involved. Half time 21-10 pats.

Decided, need to get to Brady. Blitz time.

Feely FG made it 21-13 but the game was drifting away as despite my defense playing its arse off i was still trailing as i just coudn't get the offense to score. I even gambled ona 4th and 2 in FG range and failed.

Into 2 min warning..

Kolb, playing very well, marched down the field and nailed Fitzgerald for the score. Still needing a 2 pt conversion, a panic lofty pass under duress by Kolb found the TE king to level up. 21-21.... 55 secs to go. Enough for Brady.

Couple of passes and Im thinking oh here we go. Then Washington flew through the Oline and smashed straight into Brady.. got him. He had to leave the game and with Mallet at the helm the Pats played safe and we headed into overtime.

Won the toss and started confidently with a nice run by wells and a few 15 yrd passes by Kolb. Then the mistake we expected, Talib made an awesome play and picked off Kolb at their own 32.

Brady was back though....

Stuck to gameplan. A sack by Campbell and a drop by Lloyd meant we got the ball back.

Went down the field. Was in long FG range about 55 from where I was out with full set of downs. Messed up the first two so tried to gain something and Howlings in on 3rd down skipped his way to set up a 46 yrd FG.

Sitting on the right hash with the wind blowing right as well I knew this was tough.

Nailed the field goal power and yanked left and watched the ball just curl inside the Right post.

WE WON!!

Amazing game and i think i will stick with the settings on front page but with Threshold at 75.

Some stats for people -

Brady 23/33 for 219 2TD
Ridley 23 for 133 1 TD ( my run defense is have a tough time)

Kolb 35/54 392 2TD 1NT (so thats the potential in Kolb)
Fitzgerald 9 REC for 153. Beast

Cheers for the Sliders.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #1453
Rookie

OVR: 1

Holy crap on an alter. These puppies will blow your doors off kinda good. As always, I can't applaud how well these sliders are put together.

If you can't adjust to these sliders while the game is going on, you have no chance in hell of coming up with a win; I like that. I learned quickly (on a PR and KR) if you try to get fancy with jukes, spins, stiff arms, you WILL loose the rock.

Sanchez looked good for the most part, which surprised me (sorry Jets fans ) What surprised me the most with this particular match up was the final score. However, last season against the Jets, Roethlisberger put up 275 for 2 TD which is pretty darn close to what happened in this game.

These sliders are so good Slider Wiz, I seriously could sit back with a brewski and watch a couple bro's battle it out

Enough of the cheesy animated faces, here's the box score...

New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
New York Jets (CPU)14143334
Pittsburgh Steelers (Me)14168644
Team Stats Comparison

NYJPIT
Total Offense361336
Rushing Yards13966
Passing Yards222270
First Downs1711
Punt Return Yards33121
Kick Return Yards152101
Total Yards546558
Turnovers0 (+2)2 (-2)
3rd Down Converstion6-15 (40%)4-13 (30%)
4th Down Conversion0-1 1-1
2-Point Conversion0-01-1
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals5-52-3 (66%)
Penalties6-602-20
Posession Time35:4224:18
New York Jets
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Roethlisberger (133.6 QBR)17/28 (60%)30430
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R. Mendenhall17663.81
W. Johnson221.00
A. Brown (1 BTK)1-4-4.00
B. Roethlisberger122.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
A. Brown 612120.12
M. Wallace (1 DROP)45012.50
E. Sanders39632.00
R. Mendenhall2189.00
W. Johnson188.00
H. Miller (1 DROP)11111.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Steelers13.
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Steelers (SAFETY)

KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
S. Suisham2/24/41043
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
J. Kapinos523747.42
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
A. Brown (1 FUMB)510120.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
A. Brown (1 FUMB)612120.11
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Sanchez (91.0 QBR)28/41 (68%)23510
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
S. Greene (2 BTK)261174.52
I. Redman22211.00
M. Sanchez1-2-2.00
O. Schmitt (2 BTK)122.01
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
S. Holmes6508.30
C. Schilens69315.50
S. Greene492.20
O. Schmitt3103.30
D. Keller3175.61
J. Kerley (2 DROPS)22110.50
J. Baker2178.50
S. Hill11010.00
D. Amendola188.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Jets02
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Jets (2 FR)

KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
J. Brown2/24/41038
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
M. Turk622237.00
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Kerley25427.00
K. Wilson49824.50
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
J. Kerley33311.00
Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #1454
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I was just thinking about the Yards Per Pass Attempt figures again and I was wondering if EA removed the sack yardage from the equation or just used total passing yards when calculating the YPAtt you see in the game stats.

I can't look right now, but I am going to look into this when I get a chance. Not removing the sack loss yardage from the passing yards would inflate this number to the high side as we've been seeing, especially from the CPU.

Wiz, I have been using your (Christmas?) setting for pass block pass rush at 10/17 and 0/0 and the sack numbers have been very realistic. I like this setting better than the 9/9 and 0/0 you have in your latest set.

I have found that developing a habit of stepping up in the pocket before throwing greatly diminishes the LE glitch and is the best measure you can take to avoid sacks. It's tough to get used to, as it was really never required in past Maddens, but it makes a big difference. This, along with slide protection (which actually works pretty well in this year's Madden) and keeping RBs or TEs in to block when there's heavy blitz pressure (especially from QB right) mitigates the LE sack effect and, of course, sacks in general.
Great observation STURZ!!!!!

While I believe that negative sack yardage is factored in, I cannot say for certain....

On the comment of "stepping up" into the pocket, that is 100% correct, and you are also correct that at a higher QB ACC, your "mobility" around the pocket IS SO MUCH BETTER than it is at the lower QB ACC settings.... Where to set the QB ACC was a REAL ANGUISH for me.... Basically here was my dilemma: Better QB mobility to step up into the pocket and avoid the sack, OR, more sexy WR catching animations to spice up the passing game? I ultimately decided to go sexy v. QB mobility, but I am still torn about it and when I drop the Passing tune-up, may just go with QB mobility over sexy WR animations....

This is why I have come to loathe the "under 75" restriction for my slider work, cuz you just run outta "room" in a given sub-category and have to make sacrifices on what you are going give up...

Wiz out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #1455
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Love it love it love it - however. Can I suggest Threshold 75.

This might be utter bs, but after testing different levels, I've noticed that at 75 threshold the pursuit angles and awareness of the players seem so much better. Its odd I know but also the right players rack up the tackles.

Even though I was on the wrong end of a brilliant defensive game 9-0 against Seattle (i was Arizona). I know embarrassing to be shut out, I could have taken 3 at the end of the game but would have meant nothing.

Kolb as always was a let down. - 22/41 193 2 INT

Lynch just pounded me - 31 for 161.

Both defenses played really well and was great to get reward for the right calls. There was even an illegal touch called on a big 3rd down play!!

Pats next lol - let you know if this Threshold at 75 plays well again

My brudda.... I set the threshold at 65 for purposes of "spicing" up the CPU run game.... The sliders WILL WORK just fine on 75, and in fact, can make containing the CPU run game easier....

I am glad to see that you dig the fruits of my work, it was not an easy road traveled, to get to these bad boys....

I am working on figuring out if I can improve the fluidity on the passing game, specifically to get the DB's to "react" rather than "sync" to the WR's route running... Stay tuned...

Wiz out.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #1456
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
OMG!!

What a lovely smooth game and incredible to boot.

Ok here goes -

After a dull nil score first quarter, the game burst into life when Ridley danced through my defense to score first. Kolb then marched down the field and responded with a TD to Wells.

A Feely FG put me up 10-7

As expected, Brady woke up and the Pats scored back to back TD's. one to Floyd and then of course Gronk got involved. Half time 21-10 pats.

Decided, need to get to Brady. Blitz time.

Feely FG made it 21-13 but the game was drifting away as despite my defense playing its arse off i was still trailing as i just coudn't get the offense to score. I even gambled ona 4th and 2 in FG range and failed.

Into 2 min warning..

Kolb, playing very well, marched down the field and nailed Fitzgerald for the score. Still needing a 2 pt conversion, a panic lofty pass under duress by Kolb found the TE king to level up. 21-21.... 55 secs to go. Enough for Brady.

Couple of passes and Im thinking oh here we go. Then Washington flew through the Oline and smashed straight into Brady.. got him. He had to leave the game and with Mallet at the helm the Pats played safe and we headed into overtime.

Won the toss and started confidently with a nice run by wells and a few 15 yrd passes by Kolb. Then the mistake we expected, Talib made an awesome play and picked off Kolb at their own 32.

Brady was back though....

Stuck to gameplan. A sack by Campbell and a drop by Lloyd meant we got the ball back.

Went down the field. Was in long FG range about 55 from where I was out with full set of downs. Messed up the first two so tried to gain something and Howlings in on 3rd down skipped his way to set up a 46 yrd FG.

Sitting on the right hash with the wind blowing right as well I knew this was tough.

Nailed the field goal power and yanked left and watched the ball just curl inside the Right post.

WE WON!!

Amazing game and i think i will stick with the settings on front page but with Threshold at 75.

Some stats for people -

Brady 23/33 for 219 2TD
Ridley 23 for 133 1 TD ( my run defense is have a tough time)

Kolb 35/54 392 2TD 1NT (so thats the potential in Kolb)
Fitzgerald 9 REC for 153. Beast

Cheers for the Sliders.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice....

Posts like these is what makes the lab work ALL worth it....

Appreciate the feedback, keep it coming champ...

Wiz out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »