Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #177
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Note, THE BASE SET IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. Some Maddenites can really let their fingers fly on the control pad and prefer a faster game setting and/or a lower speed threshold to achieve a greater sense of competition by having actions happen a lot faster on the screen. This is the dude whose fingers will mash through the controllers buttons about once every month. This finger ji-jutsu fiend, is not me. This will never be me because I don't chug cocktails concocted of Red Bull/Mountain Dew/Triple Shot of Espresso/with a dash of RockStar energy shot as I sit down for a game of M13.

A beer, and some Zepplin playin' in the background, and I am good to go.
I used to run CPU vs CPU Games in Madden 12 and just watched them, because I am an crappy player. I'd rather play the GM and build the team, including hiring coaches. Unfortunately EA took that away from us.
That's why I like these sliders. They give even a guy like me a chance to play the game, although I would like to just sit back and watch.
Some finetuning and the sliders will work just fine. The reason why I upped some of the players sliders is, because tuning the CPU sliders would effect the simmed CPU games, wouldn't they?
Old 09-08-2012, 05:43 PM   #178
Pro

OVR: 5

vicaddict: LOL.... Dude are we twins? I used to deal with Madden the exact same way. CPU v. CPU act as GM only. I wouldn't say that I am a crappy player, but it just seemed the game was always skewed to the young ones whose fingers could really fly on the control pad.

Regarding the effect of what would happen with tuning the CPU sliders on simmed games, I believe that is correct. The aggregate stats would be out of whack if you futz too much with the CPU sliders. Slider tuning is a delicate balance of give and take. If you move a HUM slider, you must think out how much it will affect the CPU play overall.

Appreciate your support, look forward to your feedback over the course of the season.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #179
Banned

OVR: 10

I want to try these but cannot play on very slow bc its just a bit too slow for me. Has anyone tried these on slow?

Also doesnt making the speed thresh 100 make everyone basically feel the same speed?
Old 09-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #180
Banned

OVR: 0

So far I'm 5 for 5 in my first possession giving up a ridiculous fumble
Old 09-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #181
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

Quote:
vicaddict: LOL.... Dude are we twins? I used to deal with Madden the exact same way. CPU v. CPU act as GM only. I wouldn't say that I am a crappy player, but it just seemed the game was always skewed to the young ones whose fingers could really fly on the control pad.
Pretty sure about the twin thing But I am a awful player. I hardly find the time to throw the ball, I never find my players to be as open as CPU players. That's why I try to make the Browns a Power Run Team

Quote:
Regarding the effect of what would happen with tuning the CPU sliders on simmed games, I believe that is correct. The aggregate stats would be out of whack if you futz too much with the CPU sliders. Slider tuning is a delicate balance of give and take. If you move a HUM slider, you must think out how much it will affect the CPU play overall.
I thought so, but over the course of a season the CPU stats shouldn't be messed up, because they face me once a year. At least I don't think the CPU results are influenced by the players sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #182
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
thebizarrojerry: What's up bud? I concur that this would not be cool for those us that are looking to play a realistic sim. You have brought this up several times in this thread, so is this something that you have experienced once? Or is it, that over the course of a franchise, it pops up every single game? Personally, I think it has happened to me once or twice. So I concur, it has happened to me as well, but I did not believe it had to do with the settings. I say this because I have tried other slider settings being preached in OS and similar events have happened, so I believe that the problem lies in EA's faulty code/logic that all Maddenites are dealing with right now in CCM. I mention CCM because I have not seen that in PLAY NOW mode, but then again, PLAY NOW mode is not an ongoing, consistent database pool of data, that is being built upon, week to week, as it is in CCM franchise mode. The data set in PLAY NOW is re-set every time you play a new game, which is why it seems to play just right.

Share with us other weaknesses or limitations that you have experienced playing this base set of sliders. Thanks brawwh.
So far I has happened 3 times in my offline career mode. I found out EA has tweaked online career mode so I'm playing that now.

The problem I have with these sliders is it makes their run game too good, and my defense too bad. Since you have 15 minute quarters, each game should be much more defensive with a good number of punts to each side. RIght now it's an offensive shootout. And cpu cheating bouncing off 3-4 of my players, total missed coverage, and ridiculous fumbles.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:23 PM   #183
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
So far I has happened 3 times in my offline career mode. I found out EA has tweaked online career mode so I'm playing that now.

The problem I have with these sliders is it makes their run game too good, and my defense too bad. Since you have 15 minute quarters, each game should be much more defensive with a good number of punts to each side. RIght now it's an offensive shootout. And cpu cheating bouncing off 3-4 of my players, total missed coverage, and ridiculous fumbles.
That is a good problem to have. Compared to the alternative with many sets that the CPU puts up 2-3 YPC I find it is better to make things too hard and scale back rather then have them be too easy and try to make it harder
Old 09-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #184
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

I played a number of games now and the CPUs RB never tops 3 yards avg. On the other hand the CPU passing game drops a number of 40 yard bombs every game. I think that it depends on the kind of defense you play. I am committed to stop the run and that is what the defense does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »