Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #185
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Slick589: Thanks for your interest. The base set does work on SLOW games speed, and according to some posters in this thread, they work even better on SLOW game speed. That having been said, it's a matter of preference.

On the issue of speed threshold making everybody run the same speed, this is an URBAN MYTH. Speed threshold DOES NOT make every player run the same!!! SPEEDTHRESH impacts the makeup distance between the two players who are making a play on the ball.

What SPEEDTHRESH does is make the faster player, in a particular kinda play "run in place," allowing the slower player to "catch up" by closing the distance and then causing the game logic to be able to start an interaction (ie. tackle, force a juke, re-direct the runner, etc). It is something that you have to see visually on replay mode to have it make sense.

The best way I can communicate it is, that the player "runs in place" as if in quick sand for a split second. For example. Say you are Usain Bolt. And you are being covered by a DB with an 87 speed attribute. And let's say that you call a Z Streak for Usain Bolt and the DB is playing tight Man to Man, with one safety back. This means that the DB will have to "jam" Bolt with a stiff arm within 5 yards of the LOS to slow him down and disrupt the timing of the play. Now, let's say that Bolt is an elite receiver and "knows/is programmed" to beat the "forearm shiver/mugging" and gets by the DB. At this point, Bolt will have at least a 3 to 4 yard advantage over the DB, who at this point is trying to recover from being run past, by Bolt. Now when the QB throws the ball to Bolt, who is now WIDE OPEN, as the ball approaches Bolt, the game will cause him to "run-in-place as if in quicksand" allowing the DB to make up the distance between himself and Bolt. Where the DB makes up the distance is in the sequence of animations as Bolt extends his hands and arms to make the catch and then subsequently brings the ball back to his body. Let's say this sequence of events is three frames. Well in these three frames, since Bolt is "running-in-place as if in quicksand", the DB closes the separation distance, and as Bolt "re-engages", and get's out of the "quicksand effect" and begins to start running normally again, the DB has now closed the distance and can make a play on Bolt. Realistic? Hardly.

Soooooo, the question that now begs to be answered is, why is the SPEEDTHRESH set to 100 in this slider set? Why would you want a slider set where the "quicksand" effect could influence the natural speed of the game? Ahhhhh, kimo-sabi, here-in lies the rub...

As I have said COUNTLESS of times before, its about the business model for Madden. Madden IS NOT DESIGNED for SIMMERS like you and I that have to think about when to use a Cover 2 or Cover 3, versus rushing a safety, yada, yada, yada. It is designed for those inpatient, speed freaks, the same blokes that fall victim to receiving a quick yank and then suddenly cannot hold their excitement in. These blokes need lots of offense and they need it FAST. They need to throw 50 yard darts to their wide outs and hit pay dirt more often than not. They need get a pitch/sweep to the outside and leave Wile E. Coyote in the dust. In other words, the game is tuned to be on 'roids so that touchdowns can become as common as a politician telling lies. I have spoken with more than my fair share of NCAA RB's and WR's and they all laugh about how "fast" they are represented in Madden's NCAA title. They have told me that NFL players also gush about how fast they play on Madden. Bottom line is that Madden is skewed towards scoring points. The rating attributes ARE NOT ACCURATE for any of the video game version of the athletes that play in the NFL.

Why else would all true simmers be bummed that All-Madden is broken?!?!?! Because serious simmers all know that at least on All-Madden, the CPU defense cheats just enough and coyly enough, to make it harder to put up big scores and still accept the experience as "realistic". We all pout when a particular Madden title overly cheats because then it is just too "unrealistic" to buy the outcome of a loss.

Recently in the past couple of years, I have started my Madden slider tuning and testing journey with SPEEDTHRESH set at 100. This accomplishes two things: (1) It neutralizes to some degree the unrealistic roster attributes, hence "leveling the playing field" for testing purposes of how the HUM and CPU interaction animations play out. Because after all, slider geeks like myself, tune to find that balance that brings us realism (2) A higher SPEEDTHRESH delivers a more realistic feel and stat line. It's as if the SPEEDTHRESH neutralizes the "over-clocked/frenetic cocaine powered" speed of a Madden title that comes right out of the wrapper. This is why so many simmers migrate to All-Madden difficulty. They know that the game right out of its wrapper is geared to be able to score in bunches without to much Defense from the CPU. By having a higher SPEEDTHRESH rather than a lower one, you get a better feeling of realism, less of those ridiculous, arcade game big plays. I must be onto something since this "realism factor" that a HIGHER SPEEDTHRESH delivers, have many on this thread talking it up, and many other slider creators, have since changed their philosophy's to reflect (will not mention any names, but those of you who follow these OS forums can figure out which slider tuners I am referring too, who are now singing the praises of having a higher SPEEDTHRESH rather than a lower one!).

Will I change my mind regarding tuning the SPEEDTHRESH to say 50 or below? Not until EA, or someone, can deliver a roster set that EXACTLY reflects the attributes that the athletes that play the actual game for a living exhibit. If this were to happen, then the "over-clocked/frenetic cocaine powered" speed of a Madden should be neutralized, hence mitigating the need to futz with SPEEDTHRESH. Then the only issue left would be how to PROPERLY apply fatigue. Meaning, fatigue should impact how your attributes CHANGE over the course of the game. So the better conditioned athletes would see their attributes change LESS as the game wears on, and the unconditioned athletes would see their attributes change MORE as the game wears on. Capiche'?

Just sayin'

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 09-08-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 08:19 PM   #186
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

All I know is I was playing default all pro and was 9-0 with Green Bay and barely getting challenged. Since playing with these I'm 11-2 with Green Bay and played some close and most importantly FUN games. The computer has some effective running games against me and also can throw well against me.

I make some house rules to play fair against the computer such as always use gameplan calls and never hot route. I also don't switch defenders after the play as started. This has in conjunction with these sliders has made this game for me.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #187
Pro

vicaddict: Precisely!!! What defense you throw up makes a HUGE difference in M13. HUGE!!!! In fact, in the testing that I am doing in my lab, I am purposefully throwing up the wrong defenses in 2nd and long, 2nd and short situations, just to see how this affects completion percentage and yard per carry averages for running backs. I can tell you that thus far, CORRECT defense selection is very, very important if you want to keep YPC below 4.0 and completion percentage below 50%.... Again, IT'S ALL ABOUT KNOWING HOW AMERICAN STYLE OF FOOTBALL should be played. This is why I have initially set SPEEDTHRESH so high, I want the game to be focused about the decisions I make and not on some poorly concocted attributes put together by the FAILS in the player attribute department at EA Madden.

By the way, could you thank all of our boys in the military over their in Germany. Really appreciate your service to our great country. Peace brawwh.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #188
Pro

BrianU: Right on bro. I find this assessment of how to build your custom slider set to be accurate.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #189
Pro

thebizzarojerry: I guess there is more to the name than meets the eye, lol.....

Bizarr"o" experiences you are describing. Have you played at least 8 games with this base set? Any-hows', I do agree that in V.2 of these sliders, the fumbling, CPU tackle breaking issues will need to be addressed as well as the interception issue. I dunno' why you are seeing issues with bad D's, high scoring games, and a lack of punts? Thus far I average at least 4 punts a game per side, and the scores have been low scoring affairs. I believe JDoug has experienced similar experiences to my own of balance in the stats and low scoring affairs.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 09-08-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #190
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
This is another set that seems to go along with what I personally believe about the threshold slider and its affect on CPU rushing.

I played with threshold at 8 for 30+ online CCM games, and while I sometimes got decent results, when I turned it up to 40, on a whim, I noticed that the CPU running game took off a lot better, I mean definitely noticably better. There are now more than a couple sets posted on here that have threshold at 35 or higher.

A lot of people are dead set about having it at zero though. I understand why, in years past threshold at zero was by far the most realistic experience in the game, I used that setting just as much as anyone else, but right now until they fix it, I believe putting it up is the way to go for CPU rushing
This is the issue that I have observed over the years tweaking sliders..especially ever since the "Speed Threshold" was implemented, which I absolutely love the concept. If you try to fix one problem alone without taking into account the ways in which schematically it may involve another position on the field and ultimately affect the way another part of the game will play then you will have to keep tweaking and tweaking your settings never really ever settling in and enjoying the game. I will admit that this is the first year where I could say that I actually feel as if 95% of the gameplay I can enjoy without the urge to want to tweak something. Madden has come along way indeed.

My point is that (refer to comments in my thread) there are so many aspects to a game that simply trying to improve the "run game" in Madden for the sake of seeing more yards being gained is not taking into account all of the individual match-ups that exist among the numerous positions in football. Simply adjusting the speed disparity between players will not do you any good if you are taking away the abilities of the linebackers and d-linemen to do so, you are only in a sense fixing a problem with a problem. The solution is to be objective about every aspect that involves the "run game" to understand the checks and balances so to speak that exist within it. Yes it is slightly complex but if you understand football and its concepts to any capacity and at least are willing to study the positions a little bit then you will appreciate the perspective I am speaking from. Feel free to look at my thread for further understanding and insight. Ask any question regarding it, thank you.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone tested these in Play Now? Curious as to how they play out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #192
Banned

Jdoug312's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
thebizzarojerry: I guess there is more to the name than meets the eye, lol.....

Bizarr"o" experiences you are describing. Have you played at least 8 games with this base set? Any-hows', I do agree that in V.2 of these sliders, the fumbling, CPU tackle breaking issues will need to be addressed as well as the interception issue. I dunno' why you are seeing issues with bad D's, high scoring games, and a lack of punts? Thus far I average at least 4 punts a game per side, and the scores have been low scoring affairs. I believe JDoug has experienced similar experiences to my own of balance in the stats and low scoring affairs.
This is correct. I have found this set to be great, and have seen realistic outcomes in my games played with the set. Made a few slight adjustments, but I am loving this set. Just waiting for the patch (and subsequent adjustments that will have to be made due to it) and roster update and I can start my real CCM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »