Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #201
Pro
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by quan15
As much as what you just wrote was eloquently stated and though I agree in part with your assessment of the intention on the part of the Madden "makers" I must disagree with your original premise.

The concept of "speed threshold" could very well be in line with what you're saying but of course there is a perspective that one must consider when thinking about it in this way. What about the concept regarding "speed threshold" that because it has a large affect on all parts of the game there is another "battle" you have to take into account when adjusting this part of the game. I am referring specifically to the "battle" between not only the o-linemen and d-linemen but the linebackers as well.

In your argument above you refer to the speed separation between a running back and a linebacker. This once again (with no disrespect) is not taking into account the other aspects of the "run game". As a blocker (o-lineman/tightend/fullback) your job is to block the d-linemen in front of you and depending on the play attempt to get to what is called "the second level" as I am sure you are fairly familiar with this term. Now, that battle is dependent upon whether the "blocker" can for example with a toss/sweep hook around the defensive end (takle/tightend) and linebackers (guard/tightend/fullback). If he can not then essentially the play is doomed as long as the corner/saftey does his job and contains the running back. Most times this is why (as you stated previously) in the NFL these types of plays do not translate well by default because the defense is just to fast at that level (mentally=reaction time/physically=speed threshold;linebackers vs o-line).

The only way to successfully carry out this play is by first convincing the defense that you are going to run inside, you do this by wearing the front seven out and making them adjust to the middle (which I have seen done by the cpu with my sliders).

You also speak about the company EA and how they want to appease the 97% that is the what I call "casual gamer" and leave the 3% out to dry that being the "true simmers". I disagree for one reason only and that is, Madden 13.

This game focuses much much much more on appeasing that 3% (evidence by your delight with this installment) by evidence of the "infinity engine" and new "passing trajectories" along with the attention to detail regarding the route tree (receiver routes) and when a receiver looks for the ball. To me there would be no point in focusing on these areas as the "cheesers" couldn't care less about these things. All they want is to play one another on a Saturday night drinking a cold one and blowout their friends by 50 points and brag about it the next day. The "simmers" like yourself and me of course appreciate deeply what they have done and are trying to do.

Now, though when it comes respect that would be nice to consider a measly 3% but from a business perspective that will not translate well (just playing with words lol) to sales. But in fact this Madden has been the top selling one ever in these beginning weeks!! Could it be because this installment is more than just a roster update and some over hyped features. The complaints mostly come from the "true simmers" as we actually care how the game plays relative to the NFL. Even if it is 3%, I'm sure EA realizes that 3% of a few million translates to the lost of a lot of money if they are fed up with the game. Say it's 1 million, that would be 30,000 which equates to almost 2 million dollars in sales with a 60 dollar game..and guess what, the 97% percent won't care either way because they just want to play a football game and in this case whatever new Madden game comes out regardless of it's realism. It's all about perspective bro.

Counterpoint: W-I-N-D-O-W D-R-E-S-S-I-N-G

Look partna'.... Here are the "perspective" goggles you may want to consider peering through...

You ever wonder why the aftermarket for "performance boosting" car add-ons is marketed so heavily to the 18-35 alpha male crowd, livin' at home with mommy and daddy?

Dat's right, because it is these poor blokes that equate a "fast/cool" ride with getting tail from the opposite sex. Hollywood has beat it into their heads so much that hot cars = hot chicks.

LESSON: HOT rides give you a better chance to to rope in HOT ladies, everything else being equal. Can't afford to own a Porsche, Super Snake, Cobra, ZR-1 Vette? No problem. Slap on a loud fat muffler, some performance chips, slap on some bling-bling rims, tint the windows, throw on an aerodynamic body kit, and voila.... Now you can ask Ms. 48 DD cups with a 8" waist who wears the black stilletto's, out for a cup of coffee.

EA needs Madden to have some semblance of credibility because if the serious baller's who really play football for a living, don't believe their is some shred of credibility in the game, then Madden looses its coolness and subsequently SALES. Don't you remember their mantra? "EA Sports. If it's in the Game, it's in the game." What does that mean? It means that you are being promised a true-to life sim. Now, us serious simmers know that cannot be farther from the truth. Year in and year out, the game has serious flaws that make the game laughable, basically just a roster update for the new NFL season. Sooooooooooooo, how do you keep credibility? Throw in some WINDOW DRESSING. WINDOW DRESSING keeps the dudes that know football, off-balance just enough, so that they don't absolutely turn their backs to the franchise due to RIDICULOUSNESS. That is why every year we get WINDOW DRESSING and not a serious rebuild of the AI logic in the areas of play calling, CPU running and blocking, accurate DB hawkish play, etc

You can now return the "perspective" goggles I let you borrow.
MarketingWiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #202
Pro
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmi155
Just wanted to throw my hat into the discussion and say this is a GREAT slider set. Did a lot of reading and comparing before settling on this one, and boy am I glad I did. I am using the Jets, and have had great variation in games, from a 31-3 preseason beating of the Panthers to a 37-10 whipping at the hands of the Giants, to a 23-20 week 1 win over the Bills, in which there were two lead changes in the final minute! No plays felt cheap, everything felt organic. The turnovers were legit...I've been a NCAA guy for years, but this has been the most fun I've had playing a football game, indeed the most immersed I've been in a football game, in a long long time.

Great job.
Thanks bro. Thank you for your support, and honest assessment of what I believe is a solid base set of slider from which to begin with.

The set does have some rough edges, but I really will not address them until after the patches come down from EA. However, in reading a thread put together by BrianU, it looks like EA may be blowing off our concerns and may not address the broken CCM mode. If I sense that this is the case, I may drop a V.2 sooner rather than later.

In the meantime, keep playin' them, and provide us feedback on areas you believe that should be improved.

Peace.
MarketingWiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #203
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2008
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Counterpoint: W-I-N-D-O-W D-R-E-S-S-I-N-G

Look partna'.... Here are the "perspective" goggles you may want to consider peering through...

You ever wonder why the aftermarket for "performance boosting" car add-ons is marketed so heavily to the 18-35 alpha male crowd, livin' at home with mommy and daddy?

Dat's right, because it is these poor blokes that equate a "fast/cool" ride with getting tail from the opposite sex. Hollywood has beat it into their heads so much that hot cars = hot chicks.

LESSON: HOT rides give you a better chance to to rope in HOT ladies, everything else being equal. Can't afford to own a Porsche, Super Snake, Cobra, ZR-1 Vette? No problem. Slap on a loud fat muffler, some performance chips, slap on some bling-bling rims, tint the windows, throw on an aerodynamic body kit, and voila.... Now you can ask Ms. 48 DD cups with a 8" waist who wears the black stilletto's, out for a cup of coffee.

EA needs Madden to have some semblance of credibility because if the serious baller's who really play football for a living, don't believe their is some shred of credibility in the game, then Madden looses its coolness and subsequently SALES. Don't you remember their mantra? "EA Sports. If it's in the Game, it's in the game." What does that mean? It means that you are being promised a true-to life sim. Now, us serious simmers know that cannot be farther from the truth. Year in and year out, the game has serious flaws that make the game laughable, basically just a roster update for the new NFL season. Sooooooooooooo, how do you keep credibility? Throw in some WINDOW DRESSING. WINDOW DRESSING keeps the dudes that know football, off-balance just enough, so that they don't absolutely turn their backs to the franchise due to RIDICULOUSNESS. That is why every year we get WINDOW DRESSING and not a serious rebuild of the AI logic in the areas of play calling, CPU running and blocking, accurate DB hawkish play, etc

You can now return the "perspective" goggles I let you borrow.
What you are saying is great and your examples are true relative to the context in which you speak but if it is even remotely possible to tweak the game for good if not great results then that very well can mean that the guys at EA intended for this to be a game (Madden 13) to which the "true simmers" can enjoy. As my theory suggest it just honestly may be that they aren't "exactly" sure as to how to get it right but they are in the relative area because if not it would be impossible to tweak it to get any results that are close to what a "true simmer" can be satisfied with.

Now, are you making a claim that what they have done this year is simply "window dressing" or are you not exactly sure what direction they seem to be going because based on multiple reviews it seems that the "true simmers" or at least dedicated fans are more satisfied with this Madden then years past. I do not believe that adding the "Infinity Engine" along with other tweaks as well as what they have done to their "Franchise Mode" is simple fluff, mere "window dressing". No offense to you at all bro just saying that of course when it comes to opinion there is always more than one way of looking at things.
quan15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:24 PM   #204
Rookie
 
mikemck09's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York City, NY
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarg1520
Just played with these sliders and so far so good. Only complaint is that on long drives, my receivers become fatigued and are subbed out, leaving the worst receivers to come in.
Thats called Realism man... That is not an issue by any means...
mikemck09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #205
Pro
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemck09
Thats called Realism man... That is not an issue by any means...
Could not have said it better myself. Thanks mikemck09. Keep enjoying the sliders and M13.
MarketingWiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #206
Pro
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Blog Entries: 1
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by quan15
What you are saying is great and your examples are true relative to the context in which you speak but if it is even remotely possible to tweak the game for good if not great results then that very well can mean that the guys at EA intended for this to be a game (Madden 13) to which the "true simmers" can enjoy. As my theory suggest it just honestly may be that they aren't "exactly" sure as to how to get it right but they are in the relative area because if not it would be impossible to tweak it to get any results that are close to what a "true simmer" can be satisfied with.

Now, are you making a claim that what they have done this year is simply "window dressing" or are you not exactly sure what direction they seem to be going because based on multiple reviews it seems that the "true simmers" or at least dedicated fans are more satisfied with this Madden then years past. I do not believe that adding the "Infinity Engine" along with other tweaks as well as what they have done to their "Franchise Mode" is simple fluff, mere "window dressing". No offense to you at all bro just saying that of course when it comes to opinion there is always more than one way of looking at things.
Braaawh: I know what direction that EA sports is going, M14 for the new PS4. True simmers are toast with M13.

I do agree that what we have been given to work with, is better in some respects, to what we have had to work with in years past. And since you seem to be one of those "the glass is half FULL" type of dudes, glad to see that the "infinity engine" and its ability to turn the ball carrier into a pinball caroming off his blockers a.ss is something that works for you.

Hooray for optimism. Out.
MarketingWiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #207
Rookie
 
vicaddict's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Germany
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

After just witnessing Brandon Weeden and Michael Vick compete in a Turnover festival I take everything back. We should consider increasing the INT Sliders instead of lowering them. NFL players even adjusted their performance to match Maddens high scoring results.
vicaddict is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #208
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2008
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Braaawh: I know what direction that EA sports is going, M14 for the new PS4. True simmers are toast with M13.

I do agree that what we have been given to work with, is better in some respects, to what we have had to work with in years past. And since you seem to be one of those "the glass is half FULL" type of dudes, glad to see that the "infinity engine" and its ability to turn the ball carrier into a pinball caroming off his blockers a.ss is something that works for you.

Hooray for optimism. Out.
Lol personally I am a pessimist honestly and though I really do get annoyed by some of the quirks with the "infinity engine" I am not going to complain too much because I can only imagine how horrible this game would feel if they all of a sudden took it away.

By the way, I too am looking forward to the next gen in gaming but they did go out with a bang for this installment (relative to this gen of course lol)
quan15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 PM.

Top -