Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Galderson:

Hmmm interesting. Thus far, I have only played M13 as a Coach on offline CCM. In essence, on M13 the "player mode" is what used to be called Superstar Mode. If I recall correctly, sliders had a limited, if any impact at all, in past Madden titles for the Superstar mode (one of the reasons that Superstar Mode was NEVER my cup of tea) on the CPU controlled part of the game play (ie. if you are the RB, then your passing sliders were in essence irrelevant, and vice versa). I could be wrong.

Why don't you futz with it and provide us all some feedback. Make sure that you play at least half a season before drawing some conclusions. Always play with a notepad and pencil by your side so that you can jot down theories and observations that you need to verify or debunk going forward.

That having been said,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
Played 4 games with you sliders and I loved how you study the game ..only problems is that it's hard to run but sometimes I get those beautiful runs which makes the game more realistic than ever...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-03-2012, 05:34 PM   #27
Pro

BoxBoy: Right on my brudda' .... You have hit the proverbial "nail on the head". Speed threshold IS THE KEY to a realistic sim experience, PERIOD. No where is this more evident than in the kickoff return. When I set SPDTHRESH to "0", I can take it to the house with just about any burner who has superior acceleration and agility. Yet, when I set the SPDTHRESH to 100, reality returns once again, and I can only return a kickoff to the house if my blockers line themselves up properly and hit their primary and secondary blocking assignments and I pull off a properly timed spin out, break tackle or juke.

I wish I had more time to test and chart my results for SPDTHRESH at 33, 66, 25, 50, 75 to scientifically establish if their is a better sweet spot for M13 other than SPDTHRESH set at 100.

Keep me in the loop with other gems of knowledge you come across my brudda'
Old 09-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #28
Pro

Mooch: See my post above. I believe you are going in the right direction. My theory on SPDTHRESH and GAME SPEED, simplified, are as follows:

1) SPDTHRESH: While I would love to have more time for scientific analysis, the game plays MORE realistic when SPDTHRESH is higher rather than lower. Why? I believe it has to do with the video game developers inherent need to please many audiences. Let me explain. When I was a lot younger, I remember the tremendous satisfaction I would get by mashing my grubby finger on the proverbial "turbo" button. I didn't need to understand spacing, blocking, the art of stiff arming or exhibit any semblance of patience, I just needed my trigger finger and the "turbo" feature. Now ask yourself, is this how a solid pro running back operates? Hardly. To succeed as a pro running back, you need to understand space, blocking schemes, have a good stiff arm and most of all have PATIENCE for the O-Line to open a running lane. This is why BURNERS like Jeff Demps and countless others college burners find it very difficult and DO NOT dominate or translate well at the NFL level. Reggie Bush is finally getting a hang for what it takes to be a good RB in the NFL, you have to run between the tackles and and be patient until the O-Line opens a hole for you. This is why EA, and 2k back in the da,y have OTHER attributes above and beyond SPEED. Their is awareness, back field vision, trucking, elusiveness, strength yada, yada, yada. Get my drift. I interpret an unrealistic SPDTHRESH to be a tool for those gamers that need to feel that careless, youthful euphoric rush of being able to escape danger due to poor decision making, by simply hitting the proverbial "turbo" button. Think of it this way, remember how you felt when you were young and you "ff"-ed up, but since you did not get caught, you had that euphoric feeling of elation, SPDTHRESH at a low level is that "safety blanket". Consider this, in TODAY'S NFL level, many of the athletes that play the game, can flat out BALL and more than a few of those athletes play on the defensive side. Therefore, for realism, EA provides those of us that want a better reflection of the NFL on Sunday's the option to get rid of the "silly/immature" facets of the video game by allowing those purist simmers like myself a more realistic football experience that involves using your wits and not your grubby finger mashing the turbo button. My opinion could change to lower the SPDTHRESH if, and ONLY IF, the rosters that EA provided us with were actually accurately tuned. I mean c'mon, the SPD ratings on the majority of the profiles are not even close. EA skews the program for young folk that live fast and loose and can't get enough speed. They ARE the sweet spot of the video game market. Us older warriors like to win using our wits. Us older warriors post on Operation Sports. My advice, set SPDTHRESH higher and/or edit ALL the SPD ratings among others, down. Some guy named "purple something" and Schnaidt did a good job of lowering "super" attributes for NCAA12 and M12 last year, I am hoping they explore a similar project again this year. 'Nuff said.

2) GAME SPEED: Once again my theory of demographics influencing EA's developers rears it's head. The sweet spot for video game sales are the youngsters. They do not play their favorite team in Franchise mode for 15 seasons because they simply DO NOT HAVE the patience. Thus EA is FORCED to provide a product for their sweet spot, young people that want things fast. They twit, facebook, surf, post, blog, all with the blur of their fingers on their electronic devices, content quality be damned. It's all about SPEED, SPEED, SPEED. Therefore is it any surprise that EA provides them three modes that are unrealistically fast; Normal, Fast and Very Fast. Tack on top of this the fact that the players profiles in the area of SPD ratings and other key ratings (JMP, AGILITY, etc.) are all 'roided up? It's all a recipe for instant gratification. When the game is set to VERY FAST, the interactions at the O-Line and D-Line breakdown. The hand checks between CB and WR are less effective in the overall scheme of football purist strategy. In other words, the re-direction of your opponent is lost and at the end of the day, that is what football is, a war of attrition between you and your opponent regarding who will be able to impose their will on the other. Without the interaction at the point of contact being realistic (good blocks, good checks, less over-pursuit, yada, yada, yada), the game loses its realism, in my humble opinion.

Thoughts from veteran warriors like myself?
Old 09-03-2012, 06:30 PM   #29
Pro

Blackaceons: Thanks bro. Anyone that gives these sliders a chance WILL HAVE a very enjoyable experiences.

Keep me updated on your results and progress.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #30
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakejohler5252
my sliders in ccm mode will not adjust at all. Anyone else having this problem???
In the settings menu you must have the "Commissioner can Change Settings" to "ON".
Old 09-03-2012, 06:38 PM   #31
Pro

OPD897: Thanks bro. I had overlooked that question/comment. Your tip is dead on, if you do not have that setting turned to "ON" sliders are not applicable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #32
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Dude you crack me up the way you talk where the hell did you come from hahaha!

We seem to agree on Speed Threshold and disagree on Game Speed but we both are getting places and that is good for everyone! My biggest reason for using Game Speed Fast (I have found that Fast works just as well as Very Fast and not as hyperactive to watch) is that it creates a much more dynamic and efficient CPU offense. Suddenly their runs to the outside work better. They honestly are no longer running into their own blockers or juking into other players on the field. They seem better able to get into the holes their logic appears to be improved. This is all my opinion and what I am seeing. On the higher speed I am constantly aware that THIS could be the play they bust open the big run where I don't get that feeling on Normal or below. Most NFL runs are for 2-3 yards its the big runs that boost the RBs YPC.

I am taking each part of the game one at a time and tweaking my sliders for that. Right now I have the CPU running game as the focus since that was the biggest issue to most people on here. Of course I can make that part of the game perfect and then possibly destroy another part. It's like a slider dance and you have to balance it all out. Maybe with these settings the USER running game is too easy or too hard. All I know is it's working great for me and i've seen things that I haven't seen in any other settings. You are doing great work I hope to see how other peoples games go with your set and see box scores if I wasn't so pleased with where I am at with mine I would jump on and test yours with ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »