Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #449
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Hey Wiz,

Loving the sliders. Played 4 games now and its been fun and ultra realistic. Almost like watching the game! Difficult to run the ball though. I mean you mention a Beast running back shouldnt be brought down by a CB with an arm tackle but Im running the rock with Steven Jackson and I get brought down easily enough!!

Got a divisional playoff matchup against the Packers now. Will post the box score straight after Ive finished.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #450
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Futzing around update:

I am lovin' the gameplay. I must confess my slider Gosu brothern I had strayed and tried others sliders as well as my own personal attempt at sliders but nothing comes close to the pure enjoyment, realism and challenge of what we have here! It just works so well together I am not a fan of playing on Slow but the challenge is there and it represents the NFL rather well i must say.

I am getting the USER Passing game setup how I like to make it a bit more difficult as well as improving the CPU Passing and if I post a box score ill let you see what I have done hopefully without disgracing your honor my lord. The best part is how well this set plays as a base while still having room to tweak things and make it more difficult in areas.

One thing I am trying to do is create a more defensive game. I really liked the 100 Threshold setting and have bumped it up to 80. I believe and please correct me if im wrong but the general idea I have is that controls seperation. lower threshold = more offense, higher threshold = more defense? Could you bless me with a general idea of how you feel threshold affects the gameplay? My belief is that it makes the passing coverage tighter the closer the number is to 100 but I do not want to spread any misinformation I see a lot of that in this forum and thankfully all of your theorys are grounded and rational. I am using the Interception, inverted Pass Defense Reaction Time, QB accuracy, WR Catching and Threshold settings in conjunction to get the passing game for USER and CPU where I would like.

The CPU running game plays out about as good as you can get in CCM and the USER running game is perfect for me its not a gimmie when you run the ball but it IS possible to have a good ground attack you have to mix things up and run at the right times and use all your runs. It doesnt feel cheap when you get a big run and the fight for yards after contact feels just right everything feels great not too hard not too easy.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #451
Rookie

OVR: 3

Played my first game with these sliders. Offline CCM Dolphins (me) v. Raiders (cpu)

My quick thoughts:

- QB Accuracy too low. Tannehill, although not an elite QB, should not overthrow wide open recievers
- It was relatively hard to run the football. I also felt that Reggie Bush did not feel as explosive and fast as he should. I think that has something to do with the speed threshold
-Too many plays were completely blown by the offensive time. I had less than 2 seconds WAYYY too often.

I'll keep getting more games and post stats later. These were just my intial thoughts

MIAMI DOLPHINS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES
FC BARCELONA
MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI MARLINS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2012, 11:29 PM   #452
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by juand
Played my first game with these sliders. Offline CCM Dolphins (me) v. Raiders (cpu)

My quick thoughts:

- QB Accuracy too low. Tannehill, although not an elite QB, should not overthrow wide open recievers
- It was relatively hard to run the football. I also felt that Reggie Bush did not feel as explosive and fast as he should. I think that has something to do with the speed threshold
-Too many plays were completely blown by the offensive time. I had less than 2 seconds WAYYY too often.

I'll keep getting more games and post stats later. These were just my intial thoughts

Thanks for your support.... Really appreciate your comments... If you prefer, you can raise the accelerated clock to 14 or 15 secs if that helps you... The only problem is that you will have more total plays than what is the NFL average.....

I agree, that Tannehill should not miss WIDE OPEN receivers.... Play more games and find out if this is real flaw or just an anomaly....

Peace

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #453
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Futzing around update:

I am lovin' the gameplay. I must confess my slider Gosu brothern I had strayed and tried others sliders as well as my own personal attempt at sliders but nothing comes close to the pure enjoyment, realism and challenge of what we have here! It just works so well together I am not a fan of playing on Slow but the challenge is there and it represents the NFL rather well i must say.

I am getting the USER Passing game setup how I like to make it a bit more difficult as well as improving the CPU Passing and if I post a box score ill let you see what I have done hopefully without disgracing your honor my lord. The best part is how well this set plays as a base while still having room to tweak things and make it more difficult in areas.

One thing I am trying to do is create a more defensive game. I really liked the 100 Threshold setting and have bumped it up to 80. I believe and please correct me if im wrong but the general idea I have is that controls seperation. lower threshold = more offense, higher threshold = more defense? Could you bless me with a general idea of how you feel threshold affects the gameplay? My belief is that it makes the passing coverage tighter the closer the number is to 100 but I do not want to spread any misinformation I see a lot of that in this forum and thankfully all of your theorys are grounded and rational. I am using the Interception, inverted Pass Defense Reaction Time, QB accuracy, WR Catching and Threshold settings in conjunction to get the passing game for USER and CPU where I would like.

The CPU running game plays out about as good as you can get in CCM and the USER running game is perfect for me its not a gimmie when you run the ball but it IS possible to have a good ground attack you have to mix things up and run at the right times and use all your runs. It doesnt feel cheap when you get a big run and the fight for yards after contact feels just right everything feels great not too hard not too easy.

My man, YOU ARE WELCOME! Now get your "jones" on for some real challenge from M13 and the end hopefully to "gimmie wins"....

I appreciate that you have picked up on the beauty of these sliders, the fact that they provide a lot of flexibility from which to tweak from and fine tune them to your style of play....

Increasing the SPEEDTHRESH to 100 can help somewhat to try to achieve a more defensive battle.... However, your theory is slightly off base that the SPEEDTHRESH alone will create better coverage. What you need to appreciate is the following:

1) HUM PASS REACT slider going closer to "0" will create tighter coverage... Think of it this way.... The DB's and Safeties will take less time to react to the CPU WR the lower you take the HUM PASS REACT slider toward "0"... The DB's and Safeties will TAKE LONGER to react to the CPU WR's the HIGHER you slide the HUM PASS REACT slider to 100... Think of how a DB or Safety has to play zone, or a jam at the line, or the "tightness" of coverage that is needed when covering man to man... The less time, or less space, that the DB/Safety provides the CPU WR, the tighter the coverage and consequently the better chance for pass deflections and/or drops by the CPU WR .... This is especially true in zone coverages where the DB has to pick up the WR coming into his zone and "crowd" him and try to deflect the pass if the pass is thrown into that players zone... Lower reaction times means less of a cushion, longer reaction times, means more of a cushion.... Capiche?

2) Pressure the QB.... It is no secret, that the less time the CPU QB has, the more quickly that the CPU QB's accuracy and hence the completion percentage plummets.... PRESSURE THE QB!!! Accomplish this and the HUM secondary will play a lot better, trust me

3) M13 sliders work in tandem like never before, they are not linear, in other words, one slider does not impact just one area. Trying to improve the defensive outcome would mean that you would have to figure out how to increase the pass deflections, QB pressures, sacks, WR drops.

4) CONTROL THE CLOCK, duuuuuhhhh. Not a jab at you but just trying to point out the obvious.... If you are looking for tighter games, you cannot run an "open offensive" scheme where you rush down the field and score in four plays....Pound the rock. Run the clock down to 1 second on each HUM offensive play. Take away the strength of your opponent. If they have an elite QB/WR tandem, shut it down, force them to beat you by the run. If they have an solid RB/FB/OL tandem then TAKE AWAY the running game and force them to beat you over the top.

5) Field position. If you study the NFL, geniuses like Tomlin, Bellichek, Harbaugh brothers they understand the value of pinning the opponent deep into their own territory. Many times I have played online and it appalls me how often the armchair QB's that play online do not understand that sometimes play calling is about the chess match of field position. This is probably the single most misunderstood aspect of playing football on Madden. I often play "chess" early in the game and try to control field position. This helps me get a feel for what the CPU defense is giving me that game, how tight or loose the secondary is playing, the accuracy of my QB for the game, the blitz tendencies that the CPU is dialing up, etc..... Often by playing chess, I can capitalize on the CPU trying to get aggressive and get a turnover with good field position to come away with at least a FG... Statistically, it is VERY HARD to consistently drive the ball 80+ yards down the field for a score.... The more often that you FORCE the CPU offense to beat you with 80+ yards drives, the better chance you will have to turn the odds to your favor....

Consider all of the above, and you will find that sliders are just a fraction of the formula needed to have a more "defensive" oriented game.

Bottom line, understand that sliders are not meant to be adjusted to cover up each of our shortcomings. Accept your shortcomings, learn from your mistakes, and work on improving and perfecting each facet of the game, FIELD POSITION, CLOCK MANAGEMENT, SHUTTING ONE ASPECT of the CPU's OFFENSE, use a mix of at least 45+ different plays every game on offense to keep the CPU Defense on its toes.... Out.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 09-24-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #454
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

I have pretty much played all of my day off (10 games) in my test CMM and I am seeing some wild things. Here my my averages, all are per game...

User Sacks - 4
CPU Sacks - 6

User INTs - 3
CPU INTs - 4

User Passing Yds - 278
CPU Passing Yds - 122

User Rushing Yds - 76
CPU Rushing Yds - 183

There were all using the Patriots in the regular season. I don't know what it is but nothing has seemed right all day. I played that one pre-season game last morning, and it was fun and felt good...but these games have been horrible. Tom Brady has about 50 attempts per game, misses wide open receivers on the regular. The CPU can't throw the ball but can run like crazy now. I get sack almost instantly 1 out of every 10 snaps and if I don't get sack I have to hit a screen or slant within 2 seconds or I will be sacked while the CPU gets up to 6 seconds in the pocket. I have seen CPU O-Lineman fall over and beam themselves right back up to make miraculous blocks.

It's back to the drawing board for me. I think I am going to have to try and make a slider set that caters to my specific needs and play style. Seems like that is the only way to go with this game.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #455
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
I have pretty much played all of my day off (10 games) in my test CMM and I am seeing some wild things. Here my my averages, all are per game...

User Sacks - 4
CPU Sacks - 6

User INTs - 3
CPU INTs - 4

User Passing Yds - 278
CPU Passing Yds - 122

User Rushing Yds - 76
CPU Rushing Yds - 183

There were all using the Patriots in the regular season. I don't know what it is but nothing has seemed right all day. I played that one pre-season game last morning, and it was fun and felt good...but these games have been horrible. Tom Brady has about 50 attempts per game, misses wide open receivers on the regular. The CPU can't throw the ball but can run like crazy now. I get sack almost instantly 1 out of every 10 snaps and if I don't get sack I have to hit a screen or slant within 2 seconds or I will be sacked while the CPU gets up to 6 seconds in the pocket. I have seen CPU O-Lineman fall over and beam themselves right back up to make miraculous blocks.

It's back to the drawing board for me. I think I am going to have to try and make a slider set that caters to my specific needs and play style. Seems like that is the only way to go with this game.
I see and mentioned the same things as you but I still believe these sliders play the best brand of football and just need a few adjustments to lock in. I am gonna play with things and ill share em if I get to a good place.

Id suggest this set is a great base and its very simple to adjust Interceptions or Pass Rushing. The CPU passing game is the biggest soft spot for me I would like to see that improve while still being able to differentiate between good and bad QBs. I am working with USER Pass Defense Reaction Time, USER Interceptions, USER Pass Rushing, and CPU QB Accuracy/WR Catching as well as Speed Threshold to 75 to try to boost their offensive efficiency. The key is to make small adjustments and not go overboard on any one slider

The first thing I toned down was the CPU Pass Rush, but I want it to be a bit on the harder side as it forces you to choose plays wisely with enough blockers. I hotroute my RBs/TEs to blocking assignments, use motion, and most of all if I am getting a lot of pressure throw from the shotgun is the best solution. Makes the game feel real this aint flag football foo but yah there were a bit too many sacks but a simple slider adjustment and being more attentive when passing helps greatly.

It should also be noted that MarketingWiz uses Gameflow to pick his plays on defense so if you choose your own defensive plays that could change the way the game is played greatly. I find its far too easy to choose my own plays and shut the CPU down as they can become very predictable and Gameflowin' D gives them a fighting chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 10:16 AM   #456
Rookie

OVR: 10

Hey guys. Noob q. I'm trying to post a box score of a game here but it won't let me. I created the table and then am supposed to copy the html right? It says I can't because I havent made 5 posts and the html contains a website link?

Am I doing this all wrong?

thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »