Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #457
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

I am going to give it another day or so testing before I give up and start from scratch, including adjusting the areas of my need. I want this game to play awesome so bad it can get frustrating.

I am still holding onto those few games that were awesome.

Take 2.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:35 AM   #458
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by juand
Played my first game with these sliders. Offline CCM Dolphins (me) v. Raiders (cpu)

My quick thoughts:

- QB Accuracy too low. Tannehill, although not an elite QB, should not overthrow wide open recievers
- It was relatively hard to run the football. I also felt that Reggie Bush did not feel as explosive and fast as he should. I think that has something to do with the speed threshold
-Too many plays were completely blown by the offensive time. I had less than 2 seconds WAYYY too often.

I'll keep getting more games and post stats later. These were just my intial thoughts

Yeah, 6 IMO is too low. 7 or 8 is probably better.

The fact that you essentially have to dumb the human team down to 0's in order to keep from averaging 6 yards a carry is very disturbing, and also very unrealistic.

Bad NFL OL's produce an average of 3-3.5 seconds for the QB to throw the ball.

NFL team averages last year were:

117 yards rushing per game
229 yards passing per game
346 total yards per game

22 pts per game
1.5 TD's passing per game
1.0 INT per game
.8 rushing TD's per game

8 yards per attempt, 12 yards per completion.

The only set that I've even come close to getting those numbers were straight all-pro default, but the CPU was about 100 yards short in total offense.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #459
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat501
Hey guys. Noob q. I'm trying to post a box score of a game here but it won't let me. I created the table and then am supposed to copy the html right? It says I can't because I havent made 5 posts and the html contains a website link?

Am I doing this all wrong?

thanks.
you are using http://dynasties.operationsports.com...id=1&sport=nfl ?

after you enter all the stats you want click Create Table on the bottom, then on the next page right click, select all in the box with the tag, copy and just paste that in a normal reply in here
Old 09-24-2012, 09:48 AM   #460
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
I see and mentioned the same things as you but I still believe these sliders play the best brand of football and just need a few adjustments to lock in. I am gonna play with things and ill share em if I get to a good place.

Id suggest this set is a great base and its very simple to adjust Interceptions or Pass Rushing. The CPU passing game is the biggest soft spot for me I would like to see that improve while still being able to differentiate between good and bad QBs. I am working with USER Pass Defense Reaction Time, USER Interceptions, USER Pass Rushing, and CPU QB Accuracy/WR Catching as well as Speed Threshold to 75 to try to boost their offensive efficiency. The key is to make small adjustments and not go overboard on any one slider

The first thing I toned down was the CPU Pass Rush, but I want it to be a bit on the harder side as it forces you to choose plays wisely with enough blockers. I hotroute my RBs/TEs to blocking assignments, use motion, and most of all if I am getting a lot of pressure throw from the shotgun is the best solution. Makes the game feel real this aint flag football foo but yah there were a bit too many sacks but a simple slider adjustment and being more attentive when passing helps greatly.

It should also be noted that MarketingWiz uses Gameflow to pick his plays on defense so if you choose your own defensive plays that could change the way the game is played greatly. I find its far too easy to choose my own plays and shut the CPU down as they can become very predictable and Gameflowin' D gives them a fighting chance.
Alright well as I type I am in the middle of an amazing game. Everything is back to where the awesomeness was 24 hours ago. Once again...pumped.

I think I just played way too many games in a row and was getting lazy forcing everything. I looked at the numbers I jotted down from the games and they progressively got worse and worse.

I took a break, watched some Oil Change on NHL Network I had DVR'd, came back and am now focused on playing REAL football and it is paying off. I think that is what makes these sliders great, you really have to focus to produce.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:49 AM   #461
MVP

BrianU's Arena

I am amazed how much changing a slider 5 points up or down can change the game so much. I fitzd with the USER WR Catching, found passing for the user a little easy so I lowered it to 43 and with that change plus lowering CPU Pass Defense Reaction from 50 to 40 I suddenly was an INT machine.

Thats what people need to realize that you can adjust the rate of INTs and pass defense in more than one way. Lowering the USER WR Catching made my guys stop bailing me out on passes near coverage and not go after the ball resulting in more CPU INTs even though I left CPU Interceptions at 55. I like it at 55 as if it hits them in the hands I WANT them to catch it. 45 is a good number for WR Catching lower and the WRs stop making plays on the ball it seems. I am fitzing with CPU Pass Defense Reaction Time and Speed Threshold to boost the CPU coverage. Its all trial and error there's more than one way to fix a problem. Small adjustments!

I will update my own thread with whatever settings I land on but I don't want to hijack MarketingWiz's thread so I want post it too much in here if you are curious you can see what I am using at the current time here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html once I update it but I update it quite frequently so what I use at 9 am I probably have changed already at 10 am.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #462
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
I am amazed how much changing a slider 5 points up or down can change the game so much. I fitzd with the USER WR Catching, found passing for the user a little easy so I lowered it to 43 and with that change plus lowering CPU Pass Defense Reaction from 50 to 40 I suddenly was an INT machine.

Thats what people need to realize that you can adjust the rate of INTs and pass defense in more than one way. Lowering the USER WR Catching made my guys stop bailing me out on passes near coverage and not go after the ball resulting in more CPU INTs even though I left CPU Interceptions at 55. I like it at 55 as if it hits them in the hands I WANT them to catch it. 45 is a good number for WR Catching lower and the WRs stop making plays on the ball it seems. I am fitzing with CPU Pass Defense Reaction Time and Speed Threshold to boost the CPU coverage. Its all trial and error there's more than one way to fix a problem. Small adjustments!

I will update my own thread with whatever settings I land on but I don't want to hijack MarketingWiz's thread so I want post it too much in here if you are curious you can see what I am using at the current time here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html once I update it but I update it quite frequently so what I use at 9 am I probably have changed already at 10 am.

Cool, I'll be sure to check it out... Don't turn into a stranger and abandon us again, share your work and insights!

On a side note, a general memo to all that are working on their sliders combinations:

1) To do this properly, YOU SHOULD PICK a team that has an average starting QB, a BEAST RB, average WR's, above average defense.... My favorite "test" team to use is the Jaguars.... This is important because this way your passing sliders SHOULD not make Gabbert look like Brady.... Gabbert should look like Gabbert has thus far in the NFL.... Making him any better and you have defeated the purpose of reality sim sliders.... Same goes for the HUM running game... MJD is beast.... You should tune the HUM running sliders and set your house rules to reflect achieving the type of numbers that MJD should get against stud defenses, good defenses, and average defenses. This is the same for HUM WR's and HUM Defense... In other words, as the Jaguars, you should finish a season with about 5 wins give or take a win.... If you finish with 7 wins or better, your sliders ain't right bud....

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #463
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
you are using http://dynasties.operationsports.com...id=1&sport=nfl ?

after you enter all the stats you want click Create Table on the bottom, then on the next page right click, select all in the box with the tag, copy and just paste that in a normal reply in here

Thanks Brian U. I am trying that. I get a message saying I need to post 5 posts before it will let me in an effort to keep out Spam!
Old 09-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #464
MVP

BrianU's Arena

I'm very much on board with whatever changes you make, you the Guru I just a foreign exchange student

I have toyed around with the idea in my head of adjusting sliders before every game depending on the opponent I am facing. Too much could give you a headache but I was thinking maybe if you are having Rodgers/Romo/Brady/Brees/Rivers then boost the CPU QB Accuracy or CPU WR Catching +5 for example. You could do the same for any area of the game but that seems the easiest thing to do. There is still work to be done in getting the basics set in stone but it is something to think about in the future when we arrive at Madden 13 nirvana.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »