Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #465
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
Alright well as I type I am in the middle of an amazing game. Everything is back to where the awesomeness was 24 hours ago. Once again...pumped.

I think I just played way too many games in a row and was getting lazy forcing everything. I looked at the numbers I jotted down from the games and they progressively got worse and worse.

I took a break, watched some Oil Change on NHL Network I had DVR'd, came back and am now focused on playing REAL football and it is paying off. I think that is what makes these sliders great, you really have to focus to produce.

Ya gotta bring your "A" game CONSiSTENTLY for this beta slider set to bear fruit....

I am leaning strongly to addressing and futzing with:

1) The amount of interceptions by CPU
2) Completion percentages of both HUM and CPU
3) Create a little more heat on the CPU QB, and vice versa, extinguish some of the heat on the HUM QB
4) Highly recommending my house rules with regards to using "GAMEFLOW" ... It really makes the M13 competitive gaming experience shine and helps you to learn how to play American style of football, without handicapping the game with your 15 favorite offensive plays and 10 favorite defensive plays that look to expose flaws in the AI logic of M13's code...

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #466
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat501
Thanks Brian U. I am trying that. I get a message saying I need to post 5 posts before it will let me in an effort to keep out Spam!
I guess you better post two more times den so we can see those juicy stats, Dog
Old 09-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #467
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Anyone else noticing with USER Broken Tackles at 0 you literaly don;t break tackles?

I didn't really notice it at first but now that I think about it, I don't really see any when I am carrying the ball. I will have to pay more attention to this to be sure. I do see the CPU break, sometimes, 3 tackles on one play. That is realistic, I just want my players to be able to have the same effect. Especially If Toby Gehart can do that.

I might raise USER QB accuracy a bit as well. I was struggling with Brady then in the 4th qtr with about 7 mins left I went to Super Sim and he threw 2 TDs, kind of what I would expect Brady to do against the Titan's D.

Enough for me. I have been up since 8pm on my night off, time for sleep, I have work at 10 pm. 3rd shift tester!

I will be sure to read all the progress when I wake up in 8 hours.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #468
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Ya gotta bring your "A" game CONSiSTENTLY for this beta slider set to bear fruit....

3) Create a little more heat on the CPU QB, and vice versa, extinguish some of the heat on the HUM QB
4) Highly recommending my house rules with regards to using "GAMEFLOW" ... It really makes the M13 competitive gaming experience shine and helps you to learn how to play American style of football, without handicapping the game with your 15 favorite offensive plays and 10 favorite defensive plays that look to expose flaws in the AI logic of M13's code...

I don't use the gameflow but I do use "Ask Madden". I pick from those 3 almost 90% of the time on both offense and defense. I will only stray away from it a couple times throughout the game. I don't only use the plays I am used to, I switch it up a lot. I also use the no switch rule on D as to avoid over use of the ball hawk feature to get user picks.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #469
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz

Thats great to hear duke, Thats why I prefer these sliders and any sliders that increase the CPU over the HUMAN sliders as it forces you to focus every minute of the game and without that I lose interest fast.

I have a routine on every pass play:

- Pick a formation with the right personnel (TE/FB/HB/2nd HB) so I can have enough pass protection if they have been pass rushing me lately or it's a ? and long situation. I do most of my passing out of the shotgun formation as the Jets playbook is geared to this so if i DO take a close snap and I am passing I make sure as hell I got enough protection.

- I choose passing plays with good route combinations on one side of the field and focus on that side of the field to throw. In my head I have option A, B and C. C being a short emergency route. I don't just throw to the highlighted receiver on the playcalling screen I make a quick decision after the snap between one or two WRs usually.

- Scan the defense in the box to detect where the pressure may come from. Send a man in motion to where I need coverage and/or set the offensive line to block left/right if I see a blitz coming otherwise set to Pinch.

- After I snap the ball I have my eyes on the LBs/CBs near the line and if I see them rushing me I move away from the pressure and hit the reciever who is entering the vacated area or my emergency C route. If no pressure is coming instantly then I set my eyes on the area the A and B recievers are running and decide who to throw to. This all takes 1-2 seconds.

I was having trouble with my passing game before, as in addition to these things I focus on, I would also manually switch to the reciever, manually catch, and run after the catch but after eliminating that and letting the AI control the play after I throw it. This had me thinking too much and taking my attention away from the more important steps I listed above. It feels more fun + realistic as well and the AI does a much better job securing the ball and getting YAC then I ever did.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #470
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Thats great to hear duke, Thats why I prefer these sliders and any sliders that increase the CPU over the HUMAN sliders as it forces you to focus every minute of the game and without that I lose interest fast.

I have a routine on every pass play:

- Pick a formation with the right personnel (TE/FB/HB/2nd HB) so I can have enough pass protection if they have been pass rushing me lately or it's a ? and long situation. I do most of my passing out of the shotgun formation as the Jets playbook is geared to this so if i DO take a close snap and I am passing I make sure as hell I got enough protection.

- I choose passing plays with good route combinations on one side of the field and focus on that side of the field to throw. In my head I have option A, B and C. C being a short emergency route. I don't just throw to the highlighted receiver on the playcalling screen I make a quick decision after the snap between one or two WRs usually.

- Scan the defense in the box to detect where the pressure may come from. Send a man in motion to where I need coverage and/or set the offensive line to block left/right if I see a blitz coming otherwise set to Pinch.

- After I snap the ball I have my eyes on the LBs/CBs near the line and if I see them rushing me I move away from the pressure and hit the reciever who is entering the vacated area or my emergency C route. If no pressure is coming instantly then I set my eyes on the area the A and B recievers are running and decide who to throw to. This all takes 1-2 seconds.

I was having trouble with my passing game before, as in addition to these things I focus on, I would also manually switch to the reciever, manually catch, and run after the catch but after eliminating that and letting the AI control the play after I throw it. This had me thinking too much and taking my attention away from the more important steps I listed above. It feels more fun + realistic as well and the AI does a much better job securing the ball and getting YAC then I ever did.
With the focus needing to be at 100% this really makes the entire game fun and a constant involvement. One thing I love about NHL 13 is that, even with 10 minute periods, the whole time you are on edge and it flies by and you end up wishing/needing more time instead of getting bored...that's how these play for me. 15 minute qtrs with accelerated clock in this game with all the other slider sets I have used I would be bored by the end or next game I would be dreading to have to sit that long again. Not these ones. I am winning some, losing some, but it has kept me entertained.

I will definitively take into note your pass play routine and apply it to my next game and see where it takes me.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #471
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:
Anyone else noticing with USER Broken Tackles at 0 you literaly don;t break tackles?

I didn't really notice it at first but now that I think about it, I don't really see any when I am carrying the ball. I will have to pay more attention to this to be sure. I do see the CPU break, sometimes, 3 tackles on one play. That is realistic, I just want my players to be able to have the same effect. Especially If Toby Gehart can do that.

I might raise USER QB accuracy a bit as well. I was struggling with Brady then in the 4th qtr with about 7 mins left I went to Super Sim and he threw 2 TDs, kind of what I would expect Brady to do against the Titan's D.

Enough for me. I have been up since 8pm on my night off, time for sleep, I have work at 10 pm. 3rd shift tester!

I will be sure to read all the progress when I wake up in 8 hours.
I use Marky Mark Sanchez and feel QB Accuracy 6 is perfect for my playing style. I throw short and intermediate routes almost exclusively and feel very much in control of if it is a bad or good decision. I use the left stick to place the ball on every single throw even the 1 yard ones which with QB Accuracy that low forces you to do and I wouldn't want to play any other way. They made some great changes to the total control passing and you can choose exactly where to place the ball if you give it some time. Thats my favorite new not talked about feature of madden 13 the pasing game is great fun when it is fully learned.

I'd recommend just testing it choosing the same play throwing to the same route a few times using different left stick movements and see how that affects the throw/placement. You don't have to push the left stick all the way to the edge of the circle just a touch in a direction as soon after you hold the button of the reciever and you have great control over the ball even as a Mark Sanchez Jr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #472
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:
With the focus needing to be at 100% this really makes the entire game fun and a constant involvement. One thing I love about NHL 13 is that, even with 10 minute periods, the whole time you are on edge and it flies by and you end up wishing/needing more time instead of getting bored...that's how these play for me. 15 minute qtrs with accelerated clock in this game with all the other slider sets I have used I would be bored by the end or next game I would be dreading to have to sit that long again. Not these ones. I am winning some, losing some, but it has kept me entertained.

I will definitively take into note your pass play routine and apply it to my next game and see where it takes me.
Indeed. I am a fan of MLB2k12 using MKHarshs sliders and he has the same mentality of boosting the CPU enough to make it fearsome. He jacks the CPU Contact and Power to basically 100 and makes you think about every pitch. I like having the CPU Running Game maxed out and CPU Interceptions high/Pass coverage tight as in this set to get that same feel. The CPU AI in sports games will never be able to adapt as well as a human thankfully sliders came along and lets us create the challenge we want. I can't play games like Skyrim or Zelda like I used to be able to growing up, Now I live and die with sports games on steroid difficulty to get my fix

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »