Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #641
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by willIam9387
Buffalo Bills at New York Jets
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Buffalo Bills ()7301424
New York Jets ()7701428
Team Stats Comparison

BUFNYJ
Total Offense406417
Rushing Yards12692
Passing Yards280325
First Downs2313
Punt Return Yards72
Kick Return Yards9884
Total Yards511503
Turnovers21
3rd Down Converstion8-167-13
4th Down Conversion1-11-1
2-Point Conversion

Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals3/01/0
Penalties1-51-10
Posession Time35:4724:13
Buffalo Bills
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
R. Fitzpatrick31/5329412
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
C. Spiller16825.12
F. Jackson8455.6
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
S. Johnson8416.80
D. Jones68113.50
C. Spiller6254.10
S. Chandler57114.21
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
K. Morrison8000
M. Williams4100
K. Sheppard4000
New York Jets
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Sanchez13/2432931
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
S. Greene28943.31
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
S. Hill516733.42
J. Kerley35317.60
C. Schilens26834.01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
D. Harris8100
A. Cromartie7010

Great Game, I was the bills and was up by three 24-21 with just under two minutes left and the Jets were on their side of midfield facing a fourth and ten. Sanchez dropped back and lobbed one up for Hill, my defensive back tried to make a play on it but didn't get all of the ball and tipped it to Hill who scored after breaking a tackle. I wasn't able to score again as I thought I had Stevie Johnson open on a curl route but Cromartie was camping underneath and just made a great play. Absolutely insane back and forth game. I shut Sanchez down for the majority of the game, but three over 50 yard pass plays were my undoing. These sliders are really great right now. The past beta versions just gave the CPU too much of an advantage on the ground, now it's more fair and you still have to D up, but at least you know your defenders will react better and more realistically and be in a position to make the play.

I play pretty sim I'd say, I hardly drop back into coverage and don't switch after a pass play unless the dude catches it and then I'll switch to make the tackle. These sliders play great and you don't need to drop your game down a couple grades so it'll be fair, CPU straight ballin'

I like that one... CPU straight ballin'... Ya pimp, dat's what I'm saying.... CPU straight ballin'...

I agree wholeheartedly, that, so far, with this slider set, you do not have help the CPU by purposefully trying to lose, or as you put it, "you don't need to drop your game down a couple grades so it'll be fair"...

Your boxscore looks TITS, pristine, like the type of box score that would show up after an NFL game....Shonn Greene doesn't have any explosive talent, and Sanchez had to step in to save the day for the offense.... Straight dope action right there ...

'Nuff said...

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 12:36 AM   #642
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
Good suggestions. I do almost the same and really enjoy it. Sometimes I go so far as to curse the 'offensive coordinator' for calling a play I disagree with but sometimes that's the way it goes.

Yo stud, wadddup? Any stats or observations to share with the thread yet?

Let us know when you have something to share....

Old 10-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #643
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

OVR: 9

Philadelphia Eagles at Cleveland Browns
Oct 18, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Philadelphia Eagles ()337619
Cleveland Browns ()101001434
Team Stats Comparison
PHICLE
Total Offense371366
Rushing Yards193183
Passing Yards178183
First Downs1613
Punt Return Yards1918
Kick Return Yards63120
Total Yards453504
Turnovers51
3rd Down Converstion5-13 (38%)7-15 (46%)
4th Down Conversion0-00-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/02/1
Penalties4-306-60
Posession Time29:2630:34
Philadelphia Eagles
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Vick13/2815512
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L. McCoy191196.20
D. Lewis6569.30
M. Vick3206.60
J. Maclin1-2-2.0
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
B. Celek3227.30
J. Maclin33110.30
L. McCoy2105.00
C. Harbor24924.50
D. Johnson155.01
S. Havili11414.00
D. Jackson12424.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
N. Asomugha10010
D. Ryans7100
C. Jenkins7200
Cleveland Browns
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Weeden11/1921211
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T. Richardson301284.20
C. Ogbonnaya9485.32
B. Weeden177.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
G. Little45714.20
T. Benjamin3289.30
J. Cribbs22010.00
B. Watson15252.01
T. Richardson15454.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
D. Jackson6100
E. Hagg5010
F. Rucker3200
A. Rubin1010
S. Brown0011

This game was fun! And it certainly was challenging, although it might not look it.

A couple notes - DeSean Jackson got hurt on the kickoff right before their second drive of the game and never returned. Jeremy Maclin had 3 drops. I did score one defensive TD so that inflates the score a bit. There were 118 total plays ran.

Things I liked - Weeden certainly felt like a burden in the pass game, as did my receivers. Besides a screen to Richardson that I busted out for huge yardage and the TD pass to Watson down the seem, I had to play it pretty conservative to complete 11 of 19. Weeden threw some bad passes and although I didn't have any drops - I was fully aware of the fact that my receivers and my QB are not exactly the most reliable so I made real choices to not try to be a gunslinger. I was sacked four times and was flushed to run once with Weeden. I did throw the ball away a couple times, using the lead passing to kind of just chuck it out of bounds to an outside receiver so as to not get intentional grounding. Definitely liked the challenge of the CPU ground game. Holy cow could you feel the athleticism of McCoy, Lewis, and Vick. Vick got sacked four times but he easily could have had 4 more rush attempts and a ton more yards on said attempts. I do call my own plays (Might try the idea of using GameFlow or ask Madden until the red zone, I like that.) so I did call a lot of QB Spy. Never hot routed to QB Spy though, so it wasn't like every down I was Spying. The Eagles felt dangerous but as they are IRL, they live dangerously and sometimes it bites them. Lots of turnovers, yes. No dumb user picks, legitimate mistakes made by Vick. Maybe the low consistency rating? I dunno. He was all over the place. He fumbled twice as well, which he tends to do. McCoy also fumbled once, also with this tendency.

Things I didn't like - I guess not much. Running was a little easy, but we'll see against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. It did take me almost 30 carries to hit the 100 yard mark with my best RB. Ogbonnaya's extra yardage was mostly in garbage time. Richardson never got subbed out because of fatigue, so I might increase the auto-subs for RBs to get some more carries from my other backs. Auto-subs seemed fine elsewhere as did fatigue so no tweaks needed there as of now. It is those turnovers are possibly indicative of a problem with the fumbles, but we'll see. It was Vick and McCoy, so we'll see!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:16 AM   #644
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlmeyer
Philadelphia Eagles at Cleveland Browns
Oct 18, 20121ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Philadelphia Eagles ()337619
Cleveland Browns ()101001434
Team Stats Comparison

PHICLE
Total Offense371366
Rushing Yards193183
Passing Yards178183
First Downs1613
Punt Return Yards1918
Kick Return Yards63120
Total Yards453504
Turnovers51
3rd Down Converstion5-13 (38%)7-15 (46%)
4th Down Conversion0-00-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/02/1
Penalties4-306-60
Posession Time29:2630:34
Philadelphia Eagles
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
M. Vick13/2815512
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
L. McCoy191196.20
D. Lewis6569.30
M. Vick3206.60
J. Maclin1-2-2.0
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
B. Celek3227.30
J. Maclin33110.30
L. McCoy2105.00
C. Harbor24924.50
D. Johnson155.01
S. Havili11414.00
D. Jackson12424.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
N. Asomugha10010
D. Ryans7100
C. Jenkins7200
Cleveland Browns
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B. Weeden11/1921211
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
T. Richardson301284.20
C. Ogbonnaya9485.32
B. Weeden177.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
G. Little45714.20
T. Benjamin3289.30
J. Cribbs22010.00
B. Watson15252.01
T. Richardson15454.00
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
D. Jackson6100
E. Hagg5010
F. Rucker3200
A. Rubin1010
S. Brown0011

This game was fun! And it certainly was challenging, although it might not look it.

A couple notes - DeSean Jackson got hurt on the kickoff right before their second drive of the game and never returned. Jeremy Maclin had 3 drops. I did score one defensive TD so that inflates the score a bit. There were 118 total plays ran.

Things I liked - Weeden certainly felt like a burden in the pass game, as did my receivers. Besides a screen to Richardson that I busted out for huge yardage and the TD pass to Watson down the seem, I had to play it pretty conservative to complete 11 of 19. Weeden threw some bad passes and although I didn't have any drops - I was fully aware of the fact that my receivers and my QB are not exactly the most reliable so I made real choices to not try to be a gunslinger. I was sacked four times and was flushed to run once with Weeden. I did throw the ball away a couple times, using the lead passing to kind of just chuck it out of bounds to an outside receiver so as to not get intentional grounding. Definitely liked the challenge of the CPU ground game. Holy cow could you feel the athleticism of McCoy, Lewis, and Vick. Vick got sacked four times but he easily could have had 4 more rush attempts and a ton more yards on said attempts. I do call my own plays (Might try the idea of using GameFlow or ask Madden until the red zone, I like that.) so I did call a lot of QB Spy. Never hot routed to QB Spy though, so it wasn't like every down I was Spying. The Eagles felt dangerous but as they are IRL, they live dangerously and sometimes it bites them. Lots of turnovers, yes. No dumb user picks, legitimate mistakes made by Vick. Maybe the low consistency rating? I dunno. He was all over the place. He fumbled twice as well, which he tends to do. McCoy also fumbled once, also with this tendency.

Things I didn't like - I guess not much. Running was a little easy, but we'll see against Pittsburgh and Baltimore. It did take me almost 30 carries to hit the 100 yard mark with my best RB. Ogbonnaya's extra yardage was mostly in garbage time. Richardson never got subbed out because of fatigue, so I might increase the auto-subs for RBs to get some more carries from my other backs. Auto-subs seemed fine elsewhere as did fatigue so no tweaks needed there as of now. It is those turnovers are possibly indicative of a problem with the fumbles, but we'll see. It was Vick and McCoy, so we'll see!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.... Keep us informed on the turnovers going forward.... Unrealistic fumbling IS NOT tolerable.... Vick fumbling is fine by me, and to some degree McCoy.... Interceptions were definitely within reason...

You will find that playing using gameflow or Ask Madden, IS CHALLENGING and provides a whole other dimension of realism to the game....

Keep us updated of your progress....

Old 10-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #645
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
I appreciate your observations.... Here are my thoughts....

My philosophy on slider tweaks is, to try, to not let the slider tweaks, interfere with the underlying attributes of the player....

Example: Brady should have a better QB rating than say, Gabbert, or for that matter Ponder, by seasons end. Agree? Yes? Good. Read on.... Soooo, with this in mind, if you were to set the slider to let's say, QB ACCURACY of 100..... What you are in essence saying is that you want Gabbert, Ponder and every other "C" level NFL quarterback to have the passing skills of Brady... So in essence, your sliders have "obliterated/obfuscated" the underlying value of the player attributes that EA Sports has programed in for Ponder, Gabbert and every other average NFL quarterback.... Is this reality? No. Would it help you be a more accurate armchair quarterback? Yes.

Bottom line. I am a simmer. I want realism to come through in my game and demand it from my sliders. Now unfortunately, due to AI logic issues outside of my control, M13 provides us a piece of clay that at times is hard to mold M13 into a truly realistic sim NFL football experience. That having been said, slider tweakers have to make choices and sacrifices...

Here are my choices and sacrifices:

1) When given a choice, those sliders that influence the core basic attributes of the game, it's best to LEAVE them be!!! What are the core basic attributes of the game? Glad you asked. They are throwing, catching, tackling, kicking and running. Period!

So...

1) Throwing is best represented by the QB ACC slider. Other sliders impact QB stats, but the QB ACC has the most direct impact
2) Catching is best represented by the WR CTCH, PASS REAC, and INT sliders. INT slider? Yes. The defensive players are also receivers, they just wear a different jersey and are not as gifted as offensive receivers to catch the ball, that is why they make their living as defensive players and not offensive players.
3) Tackling is best represented by the TKL slider. The BRK TKL slider should complement the TKL slider in an inverse linear relationship (trust me, rocket science sh1t that I don't have time or space to elaborate on), kind of like, yin and yang, but in M13 the BRK TKL slider is broken and cannot be counted to act in an inverse linear relationship as logic would dictate that it should
4) Kicking is best represented by the Special Teams sliders.... Pick in an indoor arena, pick the strongest leg kicker, and every kick-off should go just far enough into the end zone to trigger a touch-back. The elite strongest leg kicker should be able to kick 60 yard field goals, meaning that on the kick meter, you perfectly timed it to completely fill the kick meter, after engaging it with the right stick, and the rock should barely clear the posts. Again this should happen in practice in indoor arenas, no wind, no rush. This is how I set the kick sliders and punt sliders, I take the strongest legs, go to an indoor arena, and tweak the slider until I am just 10% below that kickers punt average. Why 10% less? To factor for wind. For the field goal kicker, I make sure that I can clear 60 yards indoors, because with wind, in theory the kicker, with proper user timing, should be able to reach 60+ yard field goals if they are controlling the elite strong leg kickers in an outside stadium... Through NFL history, their has been 12 field goals made of 60 or 60+ yards, so it is logical that the kickers with the strongest legs SHOULD be able to get a 60 yard field goal, especially if there is wind behind them.
5) Running is best represented by several factors. They include, BRK TKL, RUN BLK, RUN REAC, TKL and SPEED THRESH sliders. Unfortunately, like I mentioned above, the BRK TKL and TKL slider do not complement each other.

That having been said, why do I lay this out? Because if you are asking me if raising the HUM TKL slider will improve the CPU BEAST MODE RB ISSUE, the answer is simply..... no.

In fact, There are a few sliders that I prefer be left alone on the HUM side so that the natural attributes of the virtual player come through.... Those sliders are PASS BLK for HUM, PASS REACT for HUM, RUN BLK for HUM, and all of the defensive run sliders for HUM, including, HUM RUN REAC, HUM BLK SHED and HUM TKL. In my opinion, if you mess with these sliders, you begin messing with the foundation of the players attributes. Appreciate and accept that your team of choice has issues, deal with it in your schemes, play calling, player drafting, trades, etc.

That having been said, leaving TKL at "0", in my humble opinion allows the true DEFENSIVE attributes of your individual defenders to come through.

To address the CPU RB BEAST MODE issue, I think the issue can be addressed by lowering the BRK TKL for the CPU and raising the RUN REAC for the HUM.... This is in the lab and I hope to have a P0ST-PATCH V.2 BETA SLIDER recommendation/update.

Thanks once again for your support.

I love your philosophy towards slider tweaks! I could not agree with you anymore Wiz. The slider sets that you engineer make attributes of the players stand out. There should be a HUGE difference between Gabbert and Brady or Joe Thomas and Jared Gaither. This is SIM. I am all about a SIM experience. Like I said in my previous post, I been lurking on OS for about 3 years and was never motivated enough to create a profile. That was of course until I tried your original slider set. I tried many slider sets and never felt like it was truly a SIM experience (or at least close to it). Your are really on to something man....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #646
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMan350Z
Anyone interested in a CCM when these come out and are finalized? Would love to get one going, and I'll be glad to head it up.
I might be available. lol, might be busy but would love to try and get down with some peeps (CCM) when these bad boys are finalized.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:31 AM   #647
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]@n
I might be available. lol, might be busy but would love to try and get down with some peeps (CCM) when these bad boys are finalized.
Second that .... I run a tight schedule, with my son, the business, the lady, the family, and of course MADDDDDDDDDDEN..... But ya never know, may just be able to find some time to take you boys out back to the 'ol woodshed and lay a beating on you .....

Old 10-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #648
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]@n
I love your philosophy towards slider tweaks! I could not agree with you anymore Wiz. The slider sets that you engineer make attributes of the players stand out. There should be a HUGE difference between Gabbert and Brady or Joe Thomas and Jared Gaither. This is SIM. I am all about a SIM experience. Like I said in my previous post, I been lurking on OS for about 3 years and was never motivated enough to create a profile. That was of course until I tried your original slider set. I tried many slider sets and never felt like it was truly a SIM experience (or at least close to it). Your are really on to something man....

Thought I had lost you as a fan.... Glad your back.... Veterans like yourself are what has molded these sliders.... A vet knows what is bull and what is the real deal... I believe that my philosophy is appealing to a lot of vets and newbies that appreciate a good sim... I don't particularly care if game animations don't "trigger" quite right, or if the speed of the game is at warp speed, I like realism, and I have tried very, very hard to deliver that to those that demand that...

Truly appreciate you coming on board with the Gospel of Madden, because that is what it is about, trying to tweak this S.O.B. so that all simmers can play it, enjoy it, and forget our life for a while and just indulge in football ecstasy....

I'd love to see 'ol Romney and Obama playing M13 against each other, winner take the presidency, using this slider set... Now that I would pay money to watch!

Keep posting your feedback and statistical experiences with the present slider set on page one...

Lates.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-19-2012 at 01:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »