Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #657
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

I tried your post past sliders in all pro mode. great job.
It was really what I was expected from a madden game.
tough plays, not so high scores, very pleasant.
But to give a very interesting feedback, as I'm french, I do not really know if all my next explainations will be compehensive for u.
But I will try.
Meanwhile, You've done a really great job.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #658
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere
I see that there's a range in WR Catch. Just wanted to know what you personally use for both User and CPU

Sent from my Toasted Marshmallow using Tapatalk 2

Welcome back bro, had not heard from ya in a while....Personally, I have been toiling with 48 but I am not sold on it and have in fact moved DOWN to 43-44 for testing!!!!.... The problem is that the math does not add up, meaning at seasons end, a lot of the average WR's do not have an accurate drop % (sounds funny, I know, I will explain, read on) ...

Consider the following tables and statistics that I was able to find via the 'inter-knoweverthing-net"... A lot of this study is paraphrased from PFF.com, so the credit goes to them, NOT MY MAD GENIUS

"We’re going to start off by looking at the wide receivers whose primary job is to catch the ball and make plays. A simple enough premise where you look at how many drops a receiver had as a percentage of balls deemed catchable. So let’s see which wideouts have done the best (and worst) job in this regard over the 2009, 2010, and 2011 seasons.

For the purposes of this study, wide receivers need to have seen at least 125 catchable balls (Thus when looking at dropped balls in M13 stats, we actually need to first determine the definition for an uncatchable ball.... My definition is simple, if the ball touches the M13 receivers hand, it was catchable....Soooo, having a ball bounce of your hand IS NOT the end of the world and should not send you back to the sliders to jack them up, dropping balls that touched your hands is part of the ebb and flow of a NFL WR's life) come there way during the three-year span. That bar for inclusion left us with 61 receivers to consider."

"Since we’re looking at which players have dropped the most ‘catchable balls’ it’s probably worth looking a little bit at those balls we deemed catchable (hello, didn't I preface my argument with this tidbit! ). Firstly, it’s a simple enough way to determine a catchable ball: it’s a pass that is either caught or dropped (Duuuuhh!). It should not surprise many, that the man who was thrown the most catchable balls over the past three years was the Patriots’ Wes Welker. His 363 catchable balls was 33 more than Roddy White in second, and 60 more than Brandon Marshall in third. It says something about the quality of quarterback Larry Fitzgerald has had to deal with over the past two years, with Fitzgerald second in total targets, but way down in fifth when you look at the number of those that were catchable.

RankPlayerCurrent TeamTargetsCatchable
1Wes WelkerNE439363
2Roddy WhiteATL494330
3Brandon MarshallCHI419303
4Reggie WayneIND439300
5Larry FitzgeraldARZ461275
6Calvin JohnsonDET413258
7Marques ColstonNO331253
8Andre JohnsonHST332239
9Santana MossWAS345233
10Percy HarvinMIN307232

It won’t be a surprise that those with more opportunity have tended to drop the most balls. Indeed, if you look at Wes Welker, his 32 drops were second in the league over three years. The only wide receiver with more than him? New Bears receiver Brandon Marshall who led the way with 35 drops over three years. Chicago will be hoping that linking up with Jay Cutler will help calm this number down, but it’s worth noting that if you go back to 2008 Marshall had 16 drops in that year alone. Other numbers that stand out are the 26 for Chiefs franchise player Dwayne Bowe and the 22 picked up by Pierre Garcon, Michael Crabtree, and Donald Driver. All three head into 2012 with various questions (can they step up as a No. 1 receiver?/how much have they got left?) and they’ll be looking to cut back on the drops that have plagued them at times.

RankPlayerCurrent TeamDrops
1Brandon MarshallCHI35
2Wes WelkerNE32
3Roddy WhiteATL30
4Dwayne BoweKC26
5DeSean JacksonPHI25
6Santana MossWAS24
7Pierre GarconWAS22
7Michael CrabtreeSF22
7Donald DriverGB22
10Nate BurlesonDET21

Now let’s get to the important number. Players like Marshall and Welker may have more drops than anyone else, but Welker doesn’t figure in the Bottom 15 of the 61 players who had at least 125 catchable balls thrown their way over the past three years, and Marshall was just in the Bottom 10. Instead, the worst offender was Roy Williams who has dropped 14.62% of catchable balls over three years. That was narrowly worse than James Jones of the Packers, with the Buccaneers’ Mike Williams bringing in the third highest mark at 13.42%. 49ers fans (and Alex Smith) may want to look away when he sees the drop percentage of some of his receivers (new and old) as Crabtree, Mario Manningam and Randy Moss all rated poorly.

RankPlayerCurrent TeamDropsCatchableDrop Rate
1Roy E. WilliamsFA1913014.62%
2James JonesGB2013914.39%
3Mike A. WilliamsTB2014913.42%
4DeSean JacksonPHI2519312.95%
5Brandon GibsonSL1814112.77%
6Terrell OwensFA1814512.41%
7Donald DriverGB2217912.29%
8Randy MossSF1512611.90%
9Dwayne BoweKC2622511.56%
10Brandon MarshallCHI3530311.55%
11Michael CrabtreeSF2219511.28%
12Mario ManninghamSF1917410.92%
13Pierre GarconWAS2220610.68%
14Santana MossWAS2423310.30%
15Devin HesterCHI1413610.29%

To the best, and up at the top there’s a name that won’t surprise many Bears fans but may surprise many others. Earl Bennett, with just four drops from 127 catchable balls, has the lowest drop percentage of just 3.15%. That wasn’t much better than the ever-excellent Larry Fitzgerald who continues to show remarkable consistency with his hands, dropping an average of three balls each season and just 3.27% of catchable balls. Behind him are less-heralded players like Kevin Walter and Lance Moore, while San Diego fans will be happy to see Malcom Floyd with the fifth-lowest drop percentage, and new signing Robert Meachem down in 11th.

RankPlayerCurrent TeamDropsCatchableDrop Rate
1Earl BennettCHI41273.15%
2Larry FitzgeraldARZ92753.27%
3Kevin WalterHST51483.38%
4Lance MooreNO51363.68%
5Malcom FloydSD61314.58%
6Reggie WayneIND143004.67%
7Jabar GaffneyNE101975.08%
8Jason AvantPHI81525.26%
9Austin CollieIND101825.49%
10Sidney RiceSEA81415.67%
11Robert MeachemSD81375.84%
12Michael JenkinsMIN81365.88%
13Anquan BoldinBLT132195.94%
14Mike ThomasJAX101675.99%
15Deion BranchNE101656.06%

The moral of this show and tell exercise is to make one key point about my approach (I think this is what has made my set, acceptable to some seriously critical and demanding Madden vets), my slider set and why, SOMETIMES, ya need to chiiiiiiiillll when your wideout drops a ball and don't quit out and race to the sliders to futz with them.... Play them out dog and track your stats...

The tedious part of TRUE slider creation, is to PLAY OUT your theories for a full seaon... This is hard because it will take AT LEAST 17 hours if not more to play a full season.... You also have to track stats, GAME BY GAME, of balls thrown in the direction of a receiver, the # balls that touched their body and they did not catch, and I like to track the number of balls thrown into traffic (I define traffic as having 1 or more defenders riding my jock or close enough where I can with one lunge, they can cause me to crumble to the floor) as well....

All this having been said, thus far, on my newest slider creation, I am half way done with a CCM OFFLINE franchise, I am the Skins, and statistically Moss and Garcon are not dropping enough balls!! This is why I am not sold on "48"...

So the Drop Rate is an extremely useful tool, in my humble opinion, when trying to figure out what is the proper WR CATCH slider setting you should consider... It's not rocket science, ya just need a #2 pencil, scratch paper, and know how to do simple division! Got it? Good. Let’s move on. Of course, you must also factor in that Madden's AI logic is flawed, so this is where a slider tweaker earns his stripes, because you have to make calls and decisions on what way the slider should move when you realize that the AI does not allow you to match true NFL stats over the course of a season, and drives you to drink more Sam Adams than may be healthy

I hope my explanation answered your question thoroughly... I hope you have tried the newest beta sliders and can give the thread some feedback.... Peace

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-19-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #659
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lequems
I tried your post past sliders in all pro mode. great job.
It was really what I was expected from a madden game.
tough plays, not so high scores, very pleasant.
But to give a very interesting feedback, as I'm french, I do not really know if all my next explainations will be compehensive for u.
But I will try.
Meanwhile, You've done a really great job.
Parlez vous francais? Tres bien.... Give us your best shot Pierre and I am sure we will all be forgiving of your translation challenges....

Peace mon frere

Old 10-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #660
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

OVR: 9

Don't have enough time for a full table for my second game in my Offline CCM with the Browns. I won in a closely contested game against the Bengals, 40-35. Seems like a high score when I considered the yardage gained by each team. We ran an accurate amount of plays at 128 so that's not where the issue is. I think it's the fumble slider. After that first game against the Eagles, we talked about guys with some fumble-itis. In this case, I think the fumble slider hampers QBs a bit. A carrying rating is supposed to represent their tendency to fumble when running. However, I feel like it also gives them the tendency for being strip-sacked. Weeden and Dalton are no scramble machines and certainly don't warrant a high carrying rating necessarily and sure, any QB can be strip-sacked in the right circumstances. These circumstances seemed to be there in this case, which is all good and fine. QB scrambling around desperately gets suddenly drilled from behind, QB gets hit right before a throw...the problem is with how Madden strip-sacks tend to go the other way for 6 pts. Frostee Rucker (FROSTEE?! Love this guy. Purely because of his name.) for the Browns and Michael Johnson of the Bengals had a strip-sack fumble recovery TD in this game. They ran untouched, unchallenged for the TD so it's not like when you make an interception and break the key tackles. It's like if every INT was jumped for an untouched pick six almost automatically. This is the second time in two games I've had strip-sack like this, too. Against the Eagles, McCoy chased me down cuz he is crazy fast. It still was an easy six points cuz I was at the 10 or so. No RBs fumbled so The Law Firm of BenJarvus Green-Ellis maintained his reputation previous to this season as a guy who protects the ball. But that leads me to the next thing I noticed...

CPU dudes are busting tackles like nothing. BJGE is not a guy who is really known for breaking all kinds of tackles. He isn't really big and he isn't really elusive. He is a one-cut, grinder. I love BJGE and I think previous to this year he was one of the more consistent guys at his position in an offense that didn't really lend itself to being a great RB, just because of scheme and amount of touches. AJ Green also seemed to have the same effect and I know he is speedy and pretty elusive but I had 2 LBs biff easy tackles right off this guy like it was nothing and then he slipped 2 more DBs for a huge gain before he was barely nudged out of bounds. Not tackled. Nudged. This wasn't really isolated either. BJGE's stats were pretty good. Nothing too crazy. There were times where I bottled him up and I thought the break tackle thing was just me being cranky. But then it would come back to haunt me again and again. It was purely evident that CPU high level players when in a one-on-one tackling situation were winning the battle a crazy amount of times. The times I bottled him up were when Jackson and Taylor wrapped him up together or the play just broke down completely and I swarmed him. If he hit the hole and met Jackson one-on-one, he won basically every time it seemed.

This all being said - I'm still having more fun with Madden than ever. So I'm hoping to tweak at least he break tackle stuff and take it to a whole other level of awesome.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #661
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlmeyer
Don't have enough time for a full table for my second game in my Offline CCM with the Browns. I won in a closely contested game against the Bengals, 40-35. Seems like a high score when I considered the yardage gained by each team. We ran an accurate amount of plays at 128 so that's not where the issue is. I think it's the fumble slider. After that first game against the Eagles, we talked about guys with some fumble-itis. In this case, I think the fumble slider hampers QBs a bit. A carrying rating is supposed to represent their tendency to fumble when running. However, I feel like it also gives them the tendency for being strip-sacked. Weeden and Dalton are no scramble machines and certainly don't warrant a high carrying rating necessarily and sure, any QB can be strip-sacked in the right circumstances. These circumstances seemed to be there in this case, which is all good and fine. QB scrambling around desperately gets suddenly drilled from behind, QB gets hit right before a throw...the problem is with how Madden strip-sacks tend to go the other way for 6 pts. Frostee Rucker (FROSTEE?! Love this guy. Purely because of his name.) for the Browns and Michael Johnson of the Bengals had a strip-sack fumble recovery TD in this game. They ran untouched, unchallenged for the TD so it's not like when you make an interception and break the key tackles. It's like if every INT was jumped for an untouched pick six almost automatically. This is the second time in two games I've had strip-sack like this, too. Against the Eagles, McCoy chased me down cuz he is crazy fast. It still was an easy six points cuz I was at the 10 or so. No RBs fumbled so The Law Firm of BenJarvus Green-Ellis maintained his reputation previous to this season as a guy who protects the ball. But that leads me to the next thing I noticed...

CPU dudes are busting tackles like nothing. BJGE is not a guy who is really known for breaking all kinds of tackles. He isn't really big and he isn't really elusive. He is a one-cut, grinder. I love BJGE and I think previous to this year he was one of the more consistent guys at his position in an offense that didn't really lend itself to being a great RB, just because of scheme and amount of touches. AJ Green also seemed to have the same effect and I know he is speedy and pretty elusive but I had 2 LBs biff easy tackles right off this guy like it was nothing and then he slipped 2 more DBs for a huge gain before he was barely nudged out of bounds. Not tackled. Nudged. This wasn't really isolated either. BJGE's stats were pretty good. Nothing too crazy. There were times where I bottled him up and I thought the break tackle thing was just me being cranky. But then it would come back to haunt me again and again. It was purely evident that CPU high level players when in a one-on-one tackling situation were winning the battle a crazy amount of times. The times I bottled him up were when Jackson and Taylor wrapped him up together or the play just broke down completely and I swarmed him. If he hit the hole and met Jackson one-on-one, he won basically every time it seemed.

This all being said - I'm still having more fun with Madden than ever. So I'm hoping to tweak at least he break tackle stuff and take it to a whole other level of awesome.

Thanks for the feedback....As I interpret it, you are seeing some fumble-itis, and some Incredible Hulk style tackle breaking.... Got it!

Will be in the lab this weekend, so I will play close attention to those issues... Thus far, statistically, over half a season, I do not see the problem, but every game and player are different....

I can tell you that having the BRK TCKL slider high for the CPU helps the CPU avoid "crumbling to the ground" when he runs into his offensive linemans's a.ss ....

Thank you for the support and feedback...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #662
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

I really like these sliders...they are VERY challenging and NOT for the average player...

You really have to make *smart* decisions or the CPU will take advantage.

The only reoccuring issue I see is that every CPU & WR seems to be Jerome Bettis-like....the CPU is constantly bowling over LB's...it'd be nice to see an open-field tackle every now & again and I'm not seeing much of this.

Other than that, I'm having fun...but it's a very challenging thing to watch this every game.
  • MLB The Show 24 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 10-19-2012, 11:21 PM   #663
Rookie

smlmeyer's Arena

OVR: 9

^ Tommy here seems to be having the same issue I had earlier today. I understand that the HUM tackle and CPU break tackle slider no longer have an inverse relationship to one another and that, like you said, if you start lowering the CPU break tackle slider you get a lot of the weak in the knees effect. I would jump in the lab this weekend, but I work :/

Last edited by smlmeyer; 10-19-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Cuz I'm dumb.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #664
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyklaid
I really like these sliders...they are VERY challenging and NOT for the average player...

You really have to make *smart* decisions or the CPU will take advantage.

The only reoccuring issue I see is that every CPU & WR seems to be Jerome Bettis-like....the CPU is constantly bowling over LB's...it'd be nice to see an open-field tackle every now & again and I'm not seeing much of this.

Other than that, I'm having fun...but it's a very challenging thing to watch this every game.

Thank for the feedback bro.... I plan to do some lab work this weekend, so I will play with it.... My tendency is to "overshoot" a slider and then dial it back, 5 units at a time, until I reach the "tip-over/balancing point"...

I know where to start tinkering, so I will address it, not sure if the fix will ruin the competitive experience, but if ya don't try, ya won't know....

Thank you for the support and feedback...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »