Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-21-2012, 01:31 AM   #689
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by willIam9387
To comment on your ask madden findings I do think you are onto something. I think normally when you select your own plays, the computer defers to you and then builds its strategy off the play you selected, whereas with ask madden you are asking the computer, so basically the computer is able to dictate how it wants to play. With the ask madden playcalling, the computer gets first dibs so they tend to follow their schemes and playcalling. I played the 49ers and man were they relentless, b. jacobs was just pounding the rock, and alex smith scrambled at least four or five times for positive yardage. I'm talking dangerous CPU offense that required me to think and man up.

As far as house rules, I don't switch while the ball is in the air as I feel it's kind of cheap. And I control a DT or DE as I feel they have the least impact on a play, but I will switch to make a tackle and half the time I help the CPU out as I suck tackling.

But seriously, that ask madden find is huge because I saw that playbook thread on here, but I don't feel like going to the trouble outlined in that thread, plus every team has a generic playbook which takes away from the uniqueness of the madden team playbooks. I honestly think though All-Madden gives the CPU the ability to play to their strategy and dictate the game, whereas when we select each play, the CPU gameplans to us. But I digress Wiz, gotta get back to maddening...peace.

My brudda from annuda mudda: BINGO! You nailed it. That's exactly what I am saying and what my run / pass ratios bore out.... My friend its not me that is onto something, IT'S US as a thread....

Everything I do in lab is a direct consequence of the input and feedback that I get from the thread.

Thank you, and thank the thread!

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-21-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:32 AM   #690
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
Can't Wait! Been checking back all day.

Yummy...

We are almost there....

Thank you for the support and feedback and patience...

Old 10-21-2012, 04:28 AM   #691
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
My brudda from annuda mudda: It's broken as far as I am concerned.... So what I did for the hell of it, I went and reset the AUTO-SUBS to factory settings... I then changed my fatigue and injury sliders to equal 100.... So at the present, I have 33 for injury and 67 for fatigue....

Not tracking it per se, yet, but I do see the second stringers coming in often... Not sure if this is the solution, but I figured that EA set them originally at 50 - 50, so I said to myself, what the hell, let's give it a try.... It seems to definitely work...

Hope this helps....

Thank you for the support and feedback...

Yup that seemed to help a LITTLE bit haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #692
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Wizzy McDizzy!

I am back from the field toying around with the Ask Madden playcalling style. I have some hangups I wanted to bring up to you from my little experience. I run with the Jets so keep this in mind.

A big problem with the playbooks/playcalling is that the CPU calls zone coverage way too much. I've found the Ask Madden feature gives you much more zone defense plays compared to man coverage. For some teams this may be fine but as I use the Jets I just find it too unabridged from reality when in the real game the Jets run much more man coverage as that's how our CBs are tailored to. I see the benefit to using Ask Madden exclusive plays on Defense, it makes the CPU pass game much better but I feel the way it does this is artificial by providing you with poor choices or excessive zone defense plays. Most people will agree that Man is much better implemented than Zone in Madden. So for defense I much prefer sticking with calling my own plays. Even If I have to give the CPU a boost so they can perform better against my mostly Man defenses id prefer going that route.

If the concern is the CPU Run/Pass ratio I have found success using the link I posted earlier of the discovery people have made and are making regarding setting the CPU teams offensive playbook to a generic one such as 'Pass Balanced' 'West Coast' or 'Run-n-Gun' and the rest of em.

Offensively I am still toying around with using Ask Madden. I like the freedom of calling my own plays but agree that it can become much too easy to score/keep a drive alive. My own personal house rule remains to never pick plays with the Curl-Flats route combo as well as calling each offensive play only once per every 3 drives. This still may not be enough and Ask Madden could ultimately be the answer for offense but for defense I personally need control over the plays as that's my favorite part.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #693
Rookie

OVR: 3
Played a game with the latest set in combination with setting the CPU to a generic playbook. Ran Ask Madden exclusively on offense and defense. No audibles or hot routes

Ravens (Me) vs Texans using the Run Balanced playbook. Ended up losing 30-23

Flacco: 18/31 (58%) for 266 yards. 1 TD 2 INT
Schaub: 22/29 (75%) for 241 yards. 2 TD 0 INT

Rice: 18 carries for 73 yards. 1 TD. 0 fumbles
Foster: 33 carries for 128 yards. 1 TD. 0 fumbles

Ravens D: 0 sacks, int, forces fumbles
Texans D: 2 sacks, 2 int, 0 forced fumbles

Overall, stats seem very good. Combined with the improved playcalling from the generic playbook, this was a very good game overall

My only comment would be that Break Tackle is a smidgen too high for User and moreso for CPU. Both running backs (and their backups) were getting an unrealistic amount of broken tackles animations. There was a play where Matt Schaub broke two linebacker tackles for a completion and another where he broke one (a single broken linebacker tackle isn't too bad as long as it happens rarely)

Overall, very good experience!

Sent from my Toasted Marshmallow using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #694
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere
Played a game with the latest set in combination with setting the CPU to a generic playbook. Ran Ask Madden exclusively on offense and defense. No audibles or hot routes

Ravens (Me) vs Texans using the Run Balanced playbook. Ended up losing 30-23

Flacco: 18/31 (58%) for 266 yards. 1 TD 2 INT
Schaub: 22/29 (75%) for 241 yards. 2 TD 0 INT

Rice: 18 carries for 73 yards. 1 TD. 0 fumbles
Foster: 33 carries for 128 yards. 1 TD. 0 fumbles

Ravens D: 0 sacks, int, forces fumbles
Texans D: 2 sacks, 2 int, 0 forced fumbles

Overall, stats seem very good. Combined with the improved playcalling from the generic playbook, this was a very good game overall

My only comment would be that Break Tackle is a smidgen too high for User and moreso for CPU. Both running backs (and their backups) were getting an unrealistic amount of broken tackles animations. There was a play where Matt Schaub broke two linebacker tackles for a completion and another where he broke one (a single broken linebacker tackle isn't too bad as long as it happens rarely)

Overall, very good experience!

I appreciate your feedback. Glad you felt that the over all experience was solid.

With regard to BRK TKL for CPU and HUM, their is consensus within the thread that this issue should be addressed in the lab. I have addressed it, and the REVISED SLIDERS that I hope to soon have out, do address this issue.

Thank you for dropping in, stay active and provide the thread feedback often .

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-22-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #695
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Wizzy McDizzy!

I am back from the field toying around with the Ask Madden playcalling style. I have some hangups I wanted to bring up to you from my little experience. I run with the Jets so keep this in mind.

A big problem with the playbooks/playcalling is that the CPU calls zone coverage way too much. I've found the Ask Madden feature gives you much more zone defense plays compared to man coverage. For some teams this may be fine but as I use the Jets I just find it too unabridged from reality when in the real game the Jets run much more man coverage as that's how our CBs are tailored to. I see the benefit to using Ask Madden exclusive plays on Defense, it makes the CPU pass game much better but I feel the way it does this is artificial by providing you with poor choices or excessive zone defense plays. Most people will agree that Man is much better implemented than Zone in Madden. So for defense I much prefer sticking with calling my own plays. Even If I have to give the CPU a boost so they can perform better against my mostly Man defenses id prefer going that route.

If the concern is the CPU Run/Pass ratio I have found success using the link I posted earlier of the discovery people have made and are making regarding setting the CPU teams offensive playbook to a generic one such as 'Pass Balanced' 'West Coast' or 'Run-n-Gun' and the rest of em.

Offensively I am still toying around with using Ask Madden. I like the freedom of calling my own plays but agree that it can become much too easy to score/keep a drive alive. My own personal house rule remains to never pick plays with the Curl-Flats route combo as well as calling each offensive play only once per every 3 drives. This still may not be enough and Ask Madden could ultimately be the answer for offense but for defense I personally need control over the plays as that's my favorite part.

Waazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzup pimp? 'preciate the feedback, as always, on point and helpful.

I believe that ultimately, every Maddenite needs to find their comfort zone, once they lock into a philosophy of sliders that suits their playing style. In that comfort zone they can choose their tweaks, and house rules that makes the game work for them.

I hope to soon post what makes M13 work in MY COMFORT ZONE. I am trying to get injuries correct, since FOR ME, this is a big part of the NFL, but yet to have it properly represented in a Madden slider set. My guess is that most Maddenites want their studs to be healthy so that we can become them vicariously through the game... I don't mind being a second or third stringer, because for me, it is still about FOOTBALL, not the name on the back of the jersey....

Thank you for the support ....

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-21-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #696
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
I appreciate your feedback. Glad you felt that the over all experience was solid.

With regard to BRK TKL for CPU and HUM, their is consensus within the thread that this issue should be addressed in the lab. I have addressed it, and the REVISED SLIDERS that I hope to soon have out, do address this issue.

Thank you for dropping in, stay active and provide the thread feedback often .

Looking forward to the newest set. Any idea on when you might post them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »