Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #713
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1
After one game I'm feeling pretty good about these sliders. It felt like any time Vick was breathed on he fumbled. Which seems so in real life also haha.

I'll post the box score when I get the chance but I was getting killed in the first half. Was down 30-3 against the Ravens at one point. Rice had 55 yards for 5 carries but then he was hurt which helped me stop the run better (sort of). I came back to bring it to 30 to 24 but turnovers really killed me and I lost.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Old 10-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #714
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Just had RG3 get called for illegal forward pass as he was a step beyond the LOS. NEVER seen that before. EVER.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:36 AM   #715
Rookie

OVR: 0

Feedback from overseas !

Well, I tried your last sliders set in following the rules (except for the speed mode which was slow and 12 min) for an half between the 49ers and the packers in CCM, and I must admit that I am a little bit disappointed.
Despite the fact that at the end of the first half, I was led for 3 points (10-13), I found the game easier compared for example to your first slider before the EA patch, which was very challenging.
260 yards offense (150 for the run play…) for me and 210 yards for the CPU (110 for the run play), just for one half.
“everything worked perfectly”, that is mean that my QB was not very under pressure and I have time to see what I will do, there was not mistake for the WR, and the run play was very effective (almost 10 yards per run for Gore..). My first impression was I really dominated the CPU in offensive plays. They only did score a TD on a fumble action.
Defensive plays are ok for me. I didn’t feel the CPU very aggressive.
Ok, I’m more specialized in soccer, and not the most specialized in Football analyze,( in other words, I don’t know if GB has the best def pressure in the NFL compared to an another team and if these stats are usual), but these statistics seemed e little bit high for just one half, no ?
In fact, I was expecting a very tough game in all madden mode. I was wondering if the fact to play in slow mode had affected my sliders approach. I will try the same game in normal speed to see the difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #716
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lequems
Feedback from overseas !

Well, I tried your last sliders set in following the rules (except for the speed mode which was slow and 12 min) for an half between the 49ers and the packers in CCM, and I must admit that I am a little bit disappointed.
Despite the fact that at the end of the first half, I was led for 3 points (10-13), I found the game easier compared for example to your first slider before the EA patch, which was very challenging.
260 yards offense (150 for the run play…) for me and 210 yards for the CPU (110 for the run play), just for one half.
“everything worked perfectly”, that is mean that my QB was not very under pressure and I have time to see what I will do, there was not mistake for the WR, and the run play was very effective (almost 10 yards per run for Gore..). My first impression was I really dominated the CPU in offensive plays. They only did score a TD on a fumble action.
Defensive plays are ok for me. I didn’t feel the CPU very aggressive.
Ok, I’m more specialized in soccer, and not the most specialized in Football analyze,( in other words, I don’t know if GB has the best def pressure in the NFL compared to an another team and if these stats are usual), but these statistics seemed e little bit high for just one half, no ?
In fact, I was expecting a very tough game in all madden mode. I was wondering if the fact to play in slow mode had affected my sliders approach. I will try the same game in normal speed to see the difference.

LOL....

You hit the NAIL right on the head.... I was going to post this apology yesterday, but I spent time watching the debate, football game and parts of MLB's Game 7, so never got around to it .....

Well here it is, in my haste to post for you ladies V.4 of the slider set, I inadvertently crunched the data incorrectly creating an incorrect slider set, and to make it matters worse, I was not able to catch my mistake prior to posting V.4, because when I personally tested the slider set, I was testing the wrong slider set.... So what I posted was not the slider set that I personally tested... I apologize to all peeps who follow this thread for this cluster _ uck, MY BAD!

Let me explain how this cluster _ uck happened...

In the lab starting Friday evening and onto the weekend, 4 of us (3 buds, no... not those Buds, and I) tested many theories... I had 4 PS3's set up and we went at it for sixteen hours each, for a total of about 64 hours, or so....

We tested theories on BOTH, normal and slow speeds. Theories were also tested with different SPEED THRESH numbers... In general, if the speed was NORMAL, the SPEED THRESH was higher than the default. If the speed was SLOW, the SPEED THRESH was closer to default, NOT LOWER. The SPEED THRESH default is 50 as you all should know by now.

So basically, we would first set the game speed and SPEED THRESH, AND THEN, we would test slider settings.

Wellllllll, when I started crunching the numbers on late Sunday, I mixed up the data.... I cross-calculated data from SLOW speed testing and a SPEED THRESH of "50", with the data from NORMAL speed testing and a SPEED THRESH of "65".... If you have ever taken a science class or statistics class, you know full well that this is not what you do when trying to draw conclusions from data sets.

So, of course, the sliders posted were not going to work because I mixed up the data.... In our testing, the game speed and SPEED THRESH setting DO IMPACT certain areas of the game, specifically the PASS RUSH, the CPU RUNNING GAME, the HUM RUNNING GAME, the HUM RUN DEFENSE and PASS CATCHING. Sooo, we found that to get competitiveness and realistic gameplay, YOU NEED to design sliders for specific game speed and SPEED THRESH settings. So by blending the data, it was going to be impossible to achieve this.

Now here is the "LOL" moment, that I referenced above:

My buds brought their own PS3's, panels and controllers. Soooo, after all the lab work was done, I cross-crunched the data (at the time, never dawned upon me of my total blunder). The boyz were spent from playing M13 for so many hours, and of course drinking my brewski's, that they were not up to testing the recommendations. So, I dialed them into my PS3 to begin the testing, fired up the CCM franchise, and right at this point, my luck ran out... My lady came to the cave and started busting my balls about screwing around playing M13 for so long, so all work stopped. To avoid any further wrath, I ran upstairs to tidy up, so that I can take my lady out for drinks and din-din, and my boyz packed up and blitzed.. When I got back from din-din, I put the lady to sleep (), and got back to the cave to test... I tested the sliders for about 9 or so games (reduced the qtrs down to 5 minutes to get the testing in), before I decided to post the sliders...

Welllll, as it turns out, on Monday I get a call from one of my buds telling me that he took home the WRONG PS3, so all my testing, I was doing after din-din with the 'ol lady, was being done on a slider set that was NOT what ultimately was posted. In other words, the sliders I had dialed into my PS3 were sitting at my buds house, and the sliders that I tested were in fact the last version of SLOW speed, SPEED THRESH 50 sliders that my bud was futzing with before my 'ol lady started busting balls... What a disaster....

Finally got my PS3 back from my bud late yesterday, fired it up, played the CCM and I immediately did not appreciate the game that was being played... Hmmmm, I said to myself, that is weird.... They were playing, relatively tits, on Sunday evening, what the "f" happened, I said to myself.... Welll, I looked under the hood, the sliders were dialed in correctly, but the game felt different than what I played on Sunday. Called my bud, he wasn't home, so I asked his son to check his dad's PS3 and to give the sliders for M13.... Well lo' and behold, the sliders on his dad's PS3 were the last version (created on 10/21/2012, NEVER PUBLISHED OR RELEASED) of sliders for SLOW speed with SPEED THRESH set at default (50). I had the sliders read off to me, went back to my PS3, dialed them in, and the game was back! It is at this point that I started scratching my head wondering what went wrong with the sliders that the data suggested. Wellll, it finally hit me, that I CROSS-CRUNCHED the data from different game speeds and different SPEED THRESH numbers.... Holy crap, I said to myself, I let the thread down!!!

Well the good news is that I kept the data sheets from all of our testing, so I feel confident that I can bust out the PROPER slider set this evening or by Wednesday morning at the latest....

I am going to try to bust out a slider set that is a little bit more universal, in other words, it will be a SLOW speed base, with a speed thresh of 50...

But for those that improve their game and want a faster pace, they will be able to switch it to NORMAL speed, and dial up the SPEED THRESH to 65, tweak the CPU RUN BLK and CPU RUN REAC sliders a bit and voila, they should be fine....

Regarding the sliders that were posted, they kinda work OK, if you like to settle for GOOD or OK.... I am not one of those cats..... I want RIGHT ON the nose, like my previous work has tended to be.... So you can use the sliders as is, until I drop the proper set...

Soooooooooooooooooooooo, sorry.... I feel like a dweeb....Further proof that Madden and chicks do not mix....

Thank you for the support and feedback and patience...

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-23-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #717
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMan350Z
Just had RG3 get called for illegal forward pass as he was a step beyond the LOS. NEVER seen that before. EVER.
Wow.... In our testing we were getting pass related oddities like the one you just described when we moved the WR CTCH slider up above 50.... We saw defensive pass interference, we saw grounding, we saw WR's breaking off their routes to curl back to make an attempt to catch a poorly thrown ball...

Please read my post above regarding a little screw up with the sliders posted...

Old 10-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #718
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers23
I had 6 drops, CPU had 0 drops
I sacked CPU 1 time, CPU sacked me 7 times

McFadden.....BOOOOM!! Blew me up and I struggled to run it this game, game feels great still. Having a lot of fun.

Pittsburgh Steelers at Oakland Raiders
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Pittsburgh Steelers (Me)01017027
Oakland Raiders (CPU)01402438
Team Stats Comparison

PITOAK
Total Offense494397
Rushing Yards86213
Passing Yards408184
First Downs2216
Punt Return Yards2610
Kick Return Yards9881
Total Yards618488
Turnovers12
3rd Down Converstion33%57%
4th Down Conversion75%0%
2-Point Conversion

Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/13/0
Penalties0-02-20
Posession Time31:4628:14
Pittsburgh Steelers
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
B.Roethlisberger24/4542131
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R.Mendenhall26682.60
J.Dwyer2105.00
M.Wallace188.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
A.Brown815219.01
E.Sanders68313.82
M.Wallace512024.00
L.Pope22311.50
H.Miller23618.00
R.Mendenhall177.00
Oakland Raiders
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
C.Palmer12/2519222
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
D.McFadden352085.92
M.Goodson273.50
C.Palmer1-2-2.00
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
J.Shockey44912.21
R.Streater3248.00
J,Ford23618.01
D.Heyward-Bey26633.00
D.Calhoun11717.00

Bud, I appreciate the feedback.... Please see post above.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:32 PM   #719
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by willIam9387
I have to agree with your views on defensive playcalling as I had trouble stopping the CPU on offense before I moved to ask madden. I'll even admit, there are times when I guess the CPU's play right, have the right defense, and still get beat. The CPU is much stronger post patch than it was pre-patch. Pre-patch I wouldn't even think of run blitzing because the CPU had no chance. Now the runningbacks attack open lanes and use their special moves.

Overall, I like the new beta set as it's challenging both offensively and defensively. I do say that sometimes the CPU running back or ballcarrier will run into a defender and act as if they just got obliterated. Didn't see this in the version 3, however, I think version 4 play very well and can't wait to see your future results.

Future results coming sooner than you can imagine.... Please read above....

Old 10-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #720
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

My Dude!

Even your mistakes are classics! I have been enjoying the V4 set as posted thats for sure. I hope that when you post the new set you also add an option for the Normal/65 Thresh adjustment along with which slider settings to change for that playing style cause I have surely been enjoying it! You got me panting like a dog waiting for the next update I need my fix!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Sliders »