Home

M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

This is a discussion on M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #777
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: M13 KILLER SLIDERS FOR OFFLINE CCM... GUARANTEED CPU RUN GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by soil2thesun
Does anyone else have an issue when using all madden, the same few plays are offered constantly??? I am new to using ask madden..but if that's gonna be the case I'm going to have to call my own plays..

Just played a game and it felt very good. Sanchez threw 4 ints..partly because sanchez blows..and party because I forced some throws and threw a lot since I was down the whole game.

Reggie bush ran all over me..135 yards on 31 carries with 7 broken tackles.

Passing on both ends was fluid..sanchez made some good throws..and missed some by a mile. Same for tannehill.

All in all I was pleased. Just feel I need to dial the CPU run game down a notch..not because its off..more so because I see myself as an average player..and will tune it to my skillset

I would recommend that before you tweak the sliders, make sure you play enough games to establish that in fact what you think see, is in fact, happening .

However, if you believe that your skill level needs a little bit of work, I completely understand that position, because, so does mine !

To tame the CPU running game, you can futz with the SPEED THRESH by moving it up to 65. Another consideration would be to lower CPU RUN BLK by 10 units. And yet another consideration would be to lower CPU BRK TKL by 10 units as well. Voila, three suggestions to consider!

However, I would consider the following change in strategy before you go and tweak the sliders so much that you may not be able to recover and end up sinking the ship...

First, make sure that you have AUDIBLE DEFENSES programmed in. I do this because IN FACT, the CPU run game is BEEEEAAAASSST. However, I program in some run blitzes and some defenses where I can put eight men in the box. I make sure that I control one of the OLB's, and like a heat seeking missle, once that RB get's the ball, I am on a mission. C - R - U - N - C - H .... The RB is toast....

If ya still can't stop the CPU RB, futz with the SPEED THRESH, go UP.to 65.

Your last option should be to futz with CPU RUN BLK, CPU BRK TKL... Lates.

Keep playin'! Keep postin'! Keep Maddening!

the Gospel of Madden has spoken.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #778
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
TB Bucs have are one of the two worst rated run defenses in M13 (titans being the other)....

No surprise that AP ran all over the Bucs.... Niiiiiiiiiiice...

Looks like Ponder was not patience to find a good look and may have forced a few passes that he should not have... Was it pass rush breathing down your neck? Or was it impatience to let the play develop, or greediness to force a pass into a location that did not exist? Overall, the stats look solid. Time of possession was weird, what happened there? Did you score on some big play quickly?

How was the ebb & flow of the game? Easy? Hard? Enjoyable? Let us know.

Once again, the thread appreciates your participation and future comments... Peace, out.
Wiz! As far as the Ponder picks, much like tonight in real life, it was a mix of things. A little heat from the D-line mixed with a little stupidity. I don't have any problem with those 3 picks. I've played other slider sets where it was obvious CPU INT needed to go down, but the jury is still out on this one. I'd leave it for now.

Time of Possession issue: They dominated and had a lot of long drives, whereas I had some 3&outs. One of my scores was off a pick 6 at their own goal line after I pinned them deep with a punt. Another score was a sick long run by AP.

I enjoyed the feel of the game overall. I couldn't do a ton on offense and thats actually a good thing considering the Vikings offense blows most of the time anyway so its realistic. I'd rather be able to call my own plays though especially considering the ask-madden calls do nothing to get Percy Harvin going like they do in real life with little bubble screens and occasionally lining him up in the backfield.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:21 AM   #779
Banned

OVR: 1

Just want to say that I think that these sliders are absolutely the best around. I've tried plenty of them since 13's release and was not satisfied, both with post-game statistics and overall gameplay. I got to the point of giving up on the game, shelving it at least until the new patch. The patch fixed a lot of the small things that were really nagging me like the ability to save scheme changes, player positions, better logic, etc. It also definitely made the game playable again but I remained disappointed with the gameplay. Feeling completely unchallenged in every game was getting old. If I played all 16 games in the season, I would be hard pressed to get a loss and would almost undoubtedly end with a perfect record.

Your sliders have given life back to the game for me. In the second year of my Raiders CCM I plugged your sliders in and I've had quite a few outstanding games. I even got blown out once!

I had one heck of a defensive dogfight with the Bengals in one of the games winning 13-3. Best game I've ever played. Week 2, I got blown out on the road against the Packers 34-3 and I was actually happy. I should have been destroyed, the Packers are the defending SB champs in my CCM with Rodgers breaking records and I have a rebuilding project team with a rookie QB who is easily out of sync early in the year. Spot on.

Sorry for the long message, ha. I just want to say keep it up. These sliders have gotten me addicted to the game again. I'm going to keep playing and seeing how the games go but I'm sure I'll only have more good things to say.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:26 AM   #780
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
Wiz! As far as the Ponder picks, much like tonight in real life, it was a mix of things. A little heat from the D-line mixed with a little stupidity. I don't have any problem with those 3 picks. I've played other slider sets where it was obvious CPU INT needed to go down, but the jury is still out on this one. I'd leave it for now.

Time of Possession issue: They dominated and had a lot of long drives, whereas I had some 3&outs. One of my scores was off a pick 6 at their own goal line after I pinned them deep with a punt. Another score was a sick long run by AP.

I enjoyed the feel of the game overall. I couldn't do a ton on offense and thats actually a good thing considering the Vikings offense blows most of the time anyway so its realistic. I'd rather be able to call my own plays though especially considering the ask-madden calls do nothing to get Percy Harvin going like they do in real life with little bubble screens and occasionally lining him up in the backfield.
Right on pimp... Why don't you give calling your own plays a shot? Give us feedback how it goes... Try not to cheese it too bad or only call money plays....

Old 10-26-2012, 09:18 AM   #781
Rookie

OVR: 0

i too will be calling my own plays again and see if i can work something out. i was literally getting the same 3 plays over and over again. not sure if it had something to do with the team i was using combined with the playbook or what. but my off. coordinator seemed to be sabotaging rhe game lol.

Wiz,
i actually have played a handful of games with these sliders..some half games, and continuously get trounced by the run game. that coupled with the box score i saw above with big numbers for the rb's, i think i will see if touching on the break tackle, and/or run blocking and see what happens.

i do use audibles, which seem to help at times. the problem that i see is that my d line just gets pushed around and enormous holes are created, when in fact my d linemen/lb's are actually pretty good.

will get back to u on this, hopefullyl i can post a box score, i would have last night but my laptop is busted at home, so will have to transfer the data to work somehow..what a nerd!!

as always thanks for your help dude!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #782
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by childishgambino
Just want to say that I think that these sliders are absolutely the best around. I've tried plenty of them since 13's release and was not satisfied, both with post-game statistics and overall gameplay. I got to the point of giving up on the game, shelving it at least until the new patch. The patch fixed a lot of the small things that were really nagging me like the ability to save scheme changes, player positions, better logic, etc. It also definitely made the game playable again but I remained disappointed with the gameplay. Feeling completely unchallenged in every game was getting old. If I played all 16 games in the season, I would be hard pressed to get a loss and would almost undoubtedly end with a perfect record.

Your sliders have given life back to the game for me. In the second year of my Raiders CCM I plugged your sliders in and I've had quite a few outstanding games. I even got blown out once!

I had one heck of a defensive dogfight with the Bengals in one of the games winning 13-3. Best game I've ever played. Week 2, I got blown out on the road against the Packers 34-3 and I was actually happy. I should have been destroyed, the Packers are the defending SB champs in my CCM with Rodgers breaking records and I have a rebuilding project team with a rookie QB who is easily out of sync early in the year. Spot on.

Sorry for the long message, ha. I just want to say keep it up. These sliders have gotten me addicted to the game again. I'm going to keep playing and seeing how the games go but I'm sure I'll only have more good things to say.

Whoop der it is.... Whoop der it is.... Whoop der it is....

Welcome. As you may have already found out from reading the thread, there are dozens of Madden Vets like yourself that have had M13 saved by these sliders. I have trolled OS threads for many years, and don't ever recall coming across a thread where so many bros, absolutely gush, like adolescent girls at a Justin Bieber-dork concert, over a set of sliders. It really humbles me, and PUMPS me up to toil in the lab to cook up gems for all of us to enjoy. Thank you .

Well now that you found us, don't be a stranger. Keep us in the loop about your progress, post your comments, box scores and call out the sliders when you see CONSISTENT glitches that don't belong in an NFL SIM experience.

Go Faiders!

Old 10-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #783
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by soil2thesun
i too will be calling my own plays again and see if i can work something out. i was literally getting the same 3 plays over and over again. not sure if it had something to do with the team i was using combined with the playbook or what. but my off. coordinator seemed to be sabotaging rhe game lol.

Wiz,
i actually have played a handful of games with these sliders..some half games, and continuously get trounced by the run game. that coupled with the box score i saw above with big numbers for the rb's, i think i will see if touching on the break tackle, and/or run blocking and see what happens.

i do use audibles, which seem to help at times. the problem that i see is that my d line just gets pushed around and enormous holes are created, when in fact my d linemen/lb's are actually pretty good.

will get back to u on this, hopefullyl i can post a box score, i would have last night but my laptop is busted at home, so will have to transfer the data to work somehow..what a nerd!!

as always thanks for your help dude!!

I got you bro.. Since the weekend is here, I am hoping my lady will let me play M13 uninterrupted in my cave , so that I can test the CPU RB game with different teams and defenses, and try to figure out exactly waddup wid it ....

I also want to try to do some extensive testing with "zeroed" sliders and see if that improves the "man-handling" that sometimes I see at the D-Line / O-Line interactions where the D-Lines and O-Lines seem to interlock with each other like a set of Lego's...

Finally, the # of injuries and the number of false start calls against the CPU is kinda bumming my high, so I am going to try to tinker with that as well...

Peace brah...

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-26-2012 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #784
Rookie

OVR: 0

i agree..couple other notes i wrote down about that game. about 6-7 injuries occured in the game, all for the CPU team, all of them minor, one of them put him out for the game. nothing serious, could have been one of those one time deals..will investigate further this weekend.

and also there was about 8-10 penalties in the game..all holding, 5-6 of them being on me. just a little warning sign as im all for the penalties as they are realistic and help keep balance and a good SIM feel in the game.

and as suggested earlier, i used JARRODS sub settings, and the computer subbed their 2nd and even 3rd string rb on a number of plays..i would say they got about 10 carries between them. so i was pleased with that, not sure about the rest of the CPU team, and it didnt seem to do anything for my team, but i do my rb subs myself anyway..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »