Home

BrianU's Madden NFL 13 CCM Challenge Sliders!!

This is a discussion on BrianU's Madden NFL 13 CCM Challenge Sliders!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Really interested in trying these but im more of a normal/slow player instead of very fast. Do you think this would change anything?

Sent from my Dark JellyBellyG1 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: BrianU's Madden NFL 13 CCM Challenge Sliders!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere
Really interested in trying these but im more of a normal/slow player instead of very fast. Do you think this would change anything?

I understand I am too. But yes I do think this would change the CPU running game. They seem to run better with this combination of Treshold and Game speed. I just try to think of it this way: it doesn't look great from an overhead perspective but if you were on the field you would need to react much quicker to players running by you and thats sort of what it simulates to me. This is all part of the difficulty that is severely lacking in CCM and I think it helps a lot.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Taking a break and doing stuff with my Monday but I'll be back later with a box score hopefully of a completed Jets vs Bills online CCM game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
MVP

BrianU's Arena

It's far too easy to cheese and march down the field using runs to the outside when you have Speed threshold 100 and Game speed Very fast but thats also what makes the CPU run the ball better.

I am working on making running for the USER harder. CPU Block Shedding and CPU Tackling is what im looking at first before I bring down the Speed Threshold or change the Game speed.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I just tried something you might find interesting. SEC's comment on the break tackle slider affecting CPU ball carrier got me thinking. This is an online ccm on all-madden

I was playing the raiders, trying to find a balance between jarrods black set and very slow speed setting (mostly just because I have tried everything else, so why not), and Mcfadden was terrible, he had like 40 yards total by the end of the third qtr

I quit the game, changed the break tackle slider from 100 to 50, and he just steam rolled me all the way down the field on their field drive.

This is how the set looks, for thos interesting in exactly what I am playing on right now, its kinda a frankenstein of different sliders/settings
ONLINE ccm - 15min qtrs - 15second minimum clock (feels just like the real thing)

Very Slow Speed - Theshold at 0

Schnaidts Penalty Sliders

42 injury, 57 fatigue

custom auto/subs (work in progress)

QBA - 5 - 100
PB - 0 - 60
WRC - 40 - 100

BROTACK - 35 - 50
RB - 0 - 100
FUMBLES *- 25 - 60

PDRT - 55 - 55
INT - 35 - 100
PR - 0 - 100

RDRT - 0 - 100
BS - 0 - 70
TACK - 0 - 50

Ignore the very slow, I would like to see what other people see with CPU break tackle down to 50 instead of 100 regardless of the game speed. It looked to me like the CPU runner was more apt to just get going downfield instead of juking in the backfield and running into his blocker...

If anyone tries it, let me know.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
It's far too easy to cheese and march down the field using runs to the outside when you have Speed threshold 100 and Game speed Very fast but thats also what makes the CPU run the ball better.

I am working on making running for the USER harder. CPU Block Shedding and CPU Tackling is what im looking at first before I bring down the Speed Threshold or change the Game speed.

Hoping this is the one :P

Old 09-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5

Brian: After reading your last post, I am not sure that I follow you. It was my impression that by setting the speed threshold to 100, the results you should see/experience, are that it is more challenging for burners to separate from defenders. Therefore when Reggie Bush or other similar burners go to the outside, with the speed threshold on "0", burners have an inherent advantage versus the other defenders, thus you can practically hit a homerun with most types of sweeps, counters, or tosses to the outside. In contrast, by setting the threshold on 100, burners have less of an advantage, therefore you cannot "cheese" it.

Having the setting on Very Fast, in my opinion, kills a lot of the interaction between the D-Line and O-Line, and as any NFL purist will tell you, THIS IS WHERE THE FOOTBALL GAMES are won and lost. The West Coast offense is basically a system that allows for poorer pass blocking because the QB is getting rid of the pigskin quickly on short patterns. The Vertical passing game requires your O-Line to hold their blocks longer. By setting the mode to VERY FAST, it seems to me that you would have to futz with CPU pass block settings, CPU pass recognition, CPU pass rush and to some degree CPU interceptions to offset the fast breakdown at the offensive line.

Dunno, maybe I got my head on backwards, lol....

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 09-03-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #16
MVP

BrianU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Brian: After reading your last post, I am not sure that I follow you. It was my impression that by setting the speed threshold to 100, the results you should see/experience, are that it is more challenging for burners to separate from defenders. Therefore when Reggie Bush or other similar burners go to the outside, with the speed threshold on "0", burners have an inherent advantage versus the other defenders, thus you can practically hit a homerun with most types of sweeps, counters, or tosses to the outside. In contrast, by setting the threshold on 100, burners have less of an advantage, therefore you cannot "cheese" it. Dunno, maybe I got my head on backwards, lol....
I was going to ask you about that since you use the same threshold. I had that impression also but with Game speed Very Fast and Speed threshold 100 I am able to call the same play (Strong - Y Flex, Off Tackle) and gain 5+ yards every time at will. Although the CPU runs great imo.

Maybe its the Game speed that is the problem. I am going to try what jared mentioned with CPU Broken Tackles and move it to Game speed Very Slow leaving Threshold on 100 and test!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »