Home

drog1602 All-Pro Slow Sliders Offline/Online CC

This is a discussion on drog1602 All-Pro Slow Sliders Offline/Online CC within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 02:49 AM   #9
Fighter of the Nightman!

TheDayMan56's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: drog1602 All-Pro Slow Sliders Offline/Online CC

Well I got off to a late start because I kept watching Sportscenter replays of the Cowboys winning this evening, what a glorious start to this season, I cannot stop smiling right now!

Anyways made a few changes to tweak things to my style of play/skill level and here they are:

Time - 8 mins (going to bump it up to 9 next game)
HUMAN
QB Accuracy - 40
Interception - 50 (if the CPU screws up, I want that pick)

CPU
Fumbles - 50 (just wanted to try the default setting here)*
Tackling - 50 (default)

Def/Off Pass Interference - 90

FG Accuracy - 50 (I suck at FG's enough as it is, no need to further handicap myself)

My opening drive consisted of 51 passing yards and 31 rushing yards 5 1st downs ending in a TD, after that the rest of the half was all defense, my run game was nowhere to be seen, I could barely gain 3 yards a play if I was lucky, the CPU offense fumbled once, threw a pick once, and also went 3 and out a few times by halftime the score was Cowboys (me) - 10, Giants - 3, I made a 48 yard FG, but missed a 40 yard attempt, hence the reason I bumped up the FG.

The 2nd half was riddled w/ stupif penalties for me, false starts, holding, I couldn't get anything going, anyways thought I had the game in the bag, I was up 16-13, running out the clock, my RB was got the final 1st down that was going to end the game and he fumbles... Eli Manning w/ 1:15 left gets in FG range and ties the game, then w/ 35 seconds left I throw a pick Giants are in FG range and wins the game. What a disappointing loss.

Final Stats
Cowboys (ME)
267 Total yards
205 Passing
62 Rushing
Romo was 17/28 w/ 1 interception 60%

My RB Murray had 21 ATT w/ 44yards
Jones had 6 ATT 18yds 1 TD*

Giants had 201 Passing yds and 35 Rushing yards.

I need to adjust something next game to better my running game a little bit, once that is fixed then I'll work on improving the CPU's game, I also plan on adjusting the penalties to default, since even though it's realistic to Cowboys football, it's just really frustrating. So far so good though, it was a fun exciting game, and it wasn't insanely difficult, yet not a walk in the park either, just need some minor tweaking now.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

@Dayman,

That was an awesome Cowboys win last night. The game started slow and sloppy for both clubs, the second half Romo had the Boys moving. They still need to watch all those penalties, sheeesh!

Sounds like you had a fun game yourself. Did you play in a CC? or was it a Play Now game? These work best in a connected career, they play out differently in Play Now.

If you want to get a bit more of a run game for yourself, you can bump up your run blocking by two, that will have your guys hold the blocks a slight bit longer. But, with playing only 8min qtrs and getting 62yrds, that seems about right. I found with the INT's at 15, I still get picks but at a more realistic rate( I saw way too many at default).
The FG kicking is tough, if you do not nail it you won't hit those long ones (45+), a 60yrd is a dream. I also like that its not a gimme for the CPU (or me,lol).

Play a few more and let me know how they shake down.

Cheers!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #11
Fighter of the Nightman!

TheDayMan56's Arena

OVR: 2

I'll definitely keep you posted, prolly won't have much play time till the weekend but to answer your question I was playing in Offlne Career mode, started a new career with the default Jason Garett, simmed everything all the way to week 1 of the regular season, and I'll keep playing in this 'Test' career until I find just the right settings to use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
Rookie

Hopefully I get some more play time in Friday night.

Its all those small tweaks to get it to play the way you want. I must say, I have seen some really neat things in M13, its a lot of fun to play. I like how each team is just a little different and how they try to play to their strengths.

Thought I would add your settings/adjustments to my first post, so people could try different sets and see what works for them and also as a way that we can compare easier.

Last edited by drog1602; 09-06-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #13
Rookie

I made a few small changes, highlighted in blue on the first post. What I was trying to achieve is a more realistic block, I found as I moved the CPU run blocking slider up (to help cpu run game), that the players held the blocks for too long and not realistic. So my idea was to tame that down and use tackles as a modifier, then change the broken tackles to fine tune. I now have a decent CPU run game, without the over powering blocking.

There was an un-forseen bonus, the QB's can now escape the odd sack. I ran with Romo for a nice 9yrds after ducking under a defender.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #14
Rookie

I lowered human Broken Tackles and Run Blocking a little more, as I thought I was still a little too powerful on the run. I really like where the sliders are set now, I am seeing some exciting games.

My last game Cowboys 23(me) vs Bears 17

CHI total running yrds= 203
Forte = 25Att 178yrds

Passing = 134 yrds , 16 -24att

Dal total running yrds = 144
Murray = 26Att 146yrds

Passing = 297yrds , 19-37Att

Forte was a beast that game with two rushing td's, the game went down to the wire.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #15
Rookie

Had my first loss, second matchup with the Giants. They blew my doors off 43 -16, I had a couple of pick sixes on me, that were my fault. Bradshaw had some nice runs, but it was the screen against my blitz that killed me.

Having played three games with the base set and the blue edits, I think I am going to keep the blue edits. I am seeing some great games now, lots of interesting plays happen. I had one, where my receiver caught the ball and was immediately hit causing the ball to pop into the air and my receiver was on his back. The ball falls back into my receivers hands as he was laying on the ground. It was fantastic!

I am really enjoying M13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #16
Rookie

I updated my initial post with some thoughts on how I play Madden, as well as why I set my sliders the way I have. Hopefully someone can use some of these ideas to find something that they like as well.

I am really happy with how M13 is playing for me, this is the most fun and most "football like" Madden, yet. The addition of the infinity engine really has made the game feel like football. Is M13 perfect? NO, but it is easily the best game to date.

Have fun on the gridiron!

Drog1602

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »