Home

I must be playing a different game...

This is a discussion on I must be playing a different game... within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: I must be playing a different game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
That's because All-Madden in online CCM are easier this year than modified All-Pro sets.

I couldn't really tell where All-Pro was harder. It seemed just as easy as it's always been but that's just me..

I'm glad some of you are able to have games where the CPU can run the ball. That means you guys can enjoy the game.. I just haven't been that lucky and there hasn't been any combination that has worked.. Like I said I've never had this issue before on any of the Maddens of this generation where I couldn't get the CPU to run the ball and I've always been able to play GREAT run defense.. I guess me and the rest going to have to suffer until the patch this issue for us..
Old 09-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #50
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I couldn't really tell where All-Pro was harder. It seemed just as easy as it's always been but that's just me..

I'm glad some of you are able to have games where the CPU can run the ball. That means you guys can enjoy the game.. I just haven't been that lucky and there hasn't been any combination that has worked.. Like I said I've never had this issue before on any of the Maddens of this generation where I couldn't get the CPU to run the ball and I've always been able to play GREAT run defense.. I guess me and the rest going to have to suffer until the patch this issue for us..
I completely agree that something is not right with the sliders in this years game. What you are doing should be working like it used to as far as difficulty. I am not against anyone by the way. This is not me versus other slider makers. I wouldn't even really call my self a slider maker. I'm not even saying that my sets are great difficulty wise. They are not designed to be difficult just to be difficult. They are specifically for the sim style gamer. You have not even said this but, I am just tired of the guys saying that the best the CPU can do is 0.5 YPC. I even see people saying that they just call a play and let the cpu control their guy and they say the cpu can't can't run. That would have nothing to do with player skill and there is no way that someone could do that and the cpu not run on them with a handful of sliders on the slider thread. I'm not saying the CPU is running for 200 or 300 yards every game. If a RB averages 80 yards a game that is pretty realistic. I have had game of the CPU RB getting 30 and 200 on me. The run game is not working right, I agree but, it can be effective.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #51
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
LOl. Your such a tool. My sliders are called All-pro.
Dude, didn't I mention this to you yesterday, don't get sucked into it. There are those who are always going to look for problems rather than solutions. The bottom line is this: no team be it an NFL, college, or high school team is going to be able to run against this formation. Look at the screen shot, the ball has yet to be hiked and all 11 defenders are in the box(RCB is off screen) with a safety flying in(before the snap mind you). Every play it's the same thing(in this video).
Could there be an issue that I'm not happening to see? Sure, I've said that but this particular video does nothing but hurt the cause of those trying to prove it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg video.jpg (39.8 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by orion523; 09-11-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Dude, didn't I mention this to you yesterday, don't get sucked into it. There are those who are always going to look for problems rather than solutions. The bottom line is this: no team be it an NFL, college, or high school team is going to be able to run against this formation. Look at the screen shot, the ball has yet to be hiked and all 11 defenders are in the box(RCB is off screen) with a safety flying in(before the snap mind you). Every play it's the same thing(in this video).
Could there be an issue that I'm not happening to see? Sure, I've said that but this particular video does nothing but hurt the cause of those trying to prove it.
SPEEDTHRESH ISSUE due to it being set at "0" or is it because the game speed is set to "hyper-drive" ....hmmmm, just sayin'
Old 09-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #53
All Star

orion523's Arena

Wait a minute I found one, you're right the CPU can't run the ball, the Packers held Barry Sanders, one of the best of all time to -1 yard on 13 carries. Call the cops EA is robbing me. Oh wait....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg box1.jpg (92.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg box2.jpg (78.0 KB, 55 views)
Old 09-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
SPEEDTHRESH ISSUE due to it being set at "0" or is it because the game speed is set to "hyper-drive" ....hmmmm, just sayin'
Agree, Agree, Agree... Thresh is everything to the game this year. Low settings will not work and are a recipe for disaster.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #55
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Really man? What are you trying to prove? All I called on that play was a man blitz with the LBs blitzing and everybody else in man coverage and like I told you before I used that same scheme in play now and here are the results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSBrBZ5qOas

Same aggressive scheme but instead I'm getting ripped apart by the CPU run.. I don't have anything to prove to you. Obviously you haven't been following my sliders for the last couple of years because I don't complain about much. I'm usually able to get everything to work the way I want to with sliders. I'm not going to lie to the many people who been follow my sliders over the years just to get a boost. The CPU has been crap this year in CCM. There wouldn't be a big deal about the issues from many gamers if it wasn't but I get great results from them in play now using the exact same scheme that you are on here trying to critique.. My videos don't hurt the cause at all.. It proves my point. I really like to see what kind of defense you are playing against the CPU..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 09-11-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 07:55 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Wait a minute I found one, you're right the CPU can't run the ball, the Packers held Barry Sanders, one of the best of all time to -1 yard on 13 carries. Call the cops EA is robbing me. Oh wait....
Slap yourself if you think I'm going off one game. Haha! Like I said I have 0 to prove to you man.. My reputation on here is solid and that is why many people use and trust my sliders..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 09-11-2012 at 07:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »