Home

Best Speed Threshold for CCM?

This is a discussion on Best Speed Threshold for CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #9
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Best Speed Threshold for CCM?

I use a 100. This best represents the players 40 times. you want things to be more realistic than you have to go between 50 and 100.

at 100 you get everyone at the speed they are suppose to be at. Once you drop it the disparity of the speed begins to take place.

The fast become faster and the slow become slower.

You want a lot of big plays then lower it below 50 you want less big plays than raise it from 50.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #10
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I use a 100. This best represents the players 40 times. you want things to be more realistic than you have to go between 50 and 100.
Yeah, because a defensive tackle catching Jamaal Charles from behind is SO realistic.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #11
Rookie

mars85042's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
Yeah, because a defensive tackle catching Jamaal Charles from behind is SO realistic.
I've never seen a D tackle catch any running back in a foot race ounce they break free, but when they are in the back field making moves that's very possible. 100 threshold is NFL football anything else is College/Arcade, but that's fine true sim play is not for everybody.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #12
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars85042
I've never seen a D tackle catch any running back in a foot race ounce they break free, but when they are in the back field making moves that's very possible. 100 threshold is NFL football anything else is College/Arcade, but that's fine true sim play is not for everybody.
why are people saying that 100 is more sim than 0?

0 is way more realistic than 100. lower number = more realism, because it makes the slow players slow and the fast players fast. at 100 (or even 50+) it feels like every player is moving at the same speed, its terrible
Old 09-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
why are people saying that 100 is more sim than 0?

0 is way more realistic than 100. lower number = more realism, because it makes the slow players slow and the fast players fast. at 100 (or even 50+) it feels like every player is moving at the same speed, its terrible

I don't necessarily agree with this.

I also don't think 100 is very sim either.

I think the best number is somewhere between 15-35 in this game. In years past 0 was a great choice, IMO, but this year I don't think so.

If speed was all that mattered then Oakland would be the best team in football. Guys like Jeff Demos and Holiday (the kick returner from LSU) would be all-pro RBs or WRs. When you watch a fast WR catch a deep pass in the NFL, a lot of the time the DB is right with him or just one step behind. Its not always just UH OH ONE ON ONE AUTOMATIC DEEP PASS. Unless the guy just gets fooled on a double move or the zone coverage breaks down/gets beat the seperation is subtle.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #14
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

For people who think low thresholds are more realistic the Eagles browns game was a game the shows how speed isnt everything. You could argue the point that Mike Vick, LeSean McCoy, Maclin, or DeSean Jackson would be easily the 5 fastest players if they were on the Cleveland browns team.
That means only a few browns may have the COMPARABLE speed those 5 starters possess.
Contesting browns players with wheels: Joe Haden, Buster Skrine, Travis Benjamin. Those are the only browns players who may be in the same stratosphere of speed with the eagles.
During the game he Browns Linebackers and Dline contained mike Vick all game often chasing him out of bounds, Sacking him or pressuring him. Maclin and Jackson never busted the top off of our defense despite Cleveland being slower. Maclin gained maybe 2 strides of separation full sprint 45 yards down the field catching a deep ball on Buster Skrine (Browns speedster canidate) That's all it was and the ball was in stride on the money so it's not like maclin slowed up. Haden Also ran stride for stride around with Jackson all game and Haden might be the slowest out of the canidates his coverage skills just make up for lost speed steps. On a lower threshold Jackson would routinely beat Haden by multiple yards on plays in Madden with low threshold because players do not along with their match ups, or grab players let alone theres no limb reaching or enough pass break ups due to tight coverage so Higher thresholds while they may not seem realistic do the most to help those omitted features in gameplay

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 09-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #15
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
It all depends. On a straight away no, but there are other variables where this can happen.

Can you show me on video where a DT on a straight away catches Jamal Charles from behind with the game on a 100 threshold? Thanks

I can show you a quick video where a DE cant catch a RB on a 100 thershold, and DE's are faster than DT's.

Here you go.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/132833488

I have more videos if you like to examine, and you can try to see if your so called claim of a DT catching a RB from behind in a staright away exist?

I will wait for your video.

Better yet here are some more vidoes at 100 threshold.

Here is one with a screen play and look how the RB goes all the way even out running the secondary.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/129067702

Here is a Qb pulling away

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/132932158

Here is one of a wr with 85 speed and the only one gaining on him is the safety with 91 speed.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/132833428

All at 100 threshold. Now again please show me your DT catching Jamal Charles from Behind at 100 Threshold.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 09-10-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

THE PEOPLE THAT BELIEVE 100 IS REAL SPEED ARE WRONG. IF 100 IS THEIR REGULAR SPEED WHY IS THE DEFAULT SETTING 50. THAT MAKES NO SENSE. IN GENERAL THAT MADE NO SENSE, Y WOULD 100 BE REGULAR AND THEN GOING UP AND DOWN FROM 50 IS FASTER, SLOWER... 50 IS REG SPEED...
I USE 50, ITS UR PREFERENCE WHAT U WANT BUT HOPEFULLY PEOPLE TELL U THE TRUTH, 50 IS REG GOING BELOW THAT MAKES FAST GUYS FASTER AND SLOW GUYS SLOWER.. GOING ABOVE 50 MAKES THEM THE SAME

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »