Home

Best Speed Threshold for CCM?

This is a discussion on Best Speed Threshold for CCM? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #17
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Best Speed Threshold for CCM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
why are people saying that 100 is more sim than 0?

0 is way more realistic than 100. lower number = more realism, because it makes the slow players slow and the fast players fast. at 100 (or even 50+) it feels like every player is moving at the same speed, its terrible
Thats incorrect.

The description is as follows. The more you drop the threshold the bigger disparity is between the players speeds.

That means the more you drop it the more you make the faster players faster than the slower players.

100 is where everyone is at their accurate speeds. Drop it from there and you begin the disparity of the speeds.

Madden defaults it at 50 for the casual gamer. Just like pro level is the default skill level.

This game is for the casual gamer, and for a player that wants things more realistic needs to tune it themselves.

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 09-10-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #18
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygmen2012
THE PEOPLE THAT BELIEVE 100 IS REAL SPEED ARE WRONG. IF 100 IS THEIR REGULAR SPEED WHY IS THE DEFAULT SETTING 50. THAT MAKES NO SENSE. IN GENERAL THAT MADE NO SENSE, Y WOULD 100 BE REGULAR AND THEN GOING UP AND DOWN FROM 50 IS FASTER, SLOWER... 50 IS REG SPEED...
I USE 50, ITS UR PREFERENCE WHAT U WANT BUT HOPEFULLY PEOPLE TELL U THE TRUTH, 50 IS REG GOING BELOW THAT MAKES FAST GUYS FASTER AND SLOW GUYS SLOWER.. GOING ABOVE 50 MAKES THEM THE SAME
I answered this read my post above.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #19
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

I moved mine to 100 after reading a nice thread about too many big plays.

I did not think 100 was reasonable but i try something before I criticize.

I LOVE 100 now.

There is still seperation when appropriate. IE: Thomas (Denver) beat my cb on a straight streak (man covg) and Manning layed out a beautiful bomb that actually helped the separation as Thomas had to run under it. It was a thing of beauty and something I initially feared wouldnt happen at this setting.

Also, on an outside run with Charles (don't know his speed rating), it seemed the OLB would run me down but I kept taking a wider loop and literally outran the olb to the sideline for a gain of 6. That play should have been a loss but Charles speed made the difference.

I think more ppl should go to 100 and then post feedback. I also play on very slow

Fewer big plays but still enough to be realistic. In fact, I submit that if someone does the research they will see how few big plays really happen in a single game
Old 09-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygmen2012
THE PEOPLE THAT BELIEVE 100 IS REAL SPEED ARE WRONG. IF 100 IS THEIR REGULAR SPEED WHY IS THE DEFAULT SETTING 50. THAT MAKES NO SENSE. IN GENERAL THAT MADE NO SENSE, Y WOULD 100 BE REGULAR AND THEN GOING UP AND DOWN FROM 50 IS FASTER, SLOWER... 50 IS REG SPEED...
I USE 50, ITS UR PREFERENCE WHAT U WANT BUT HOPEFULLY PEOPLE TELL U THE TRUTH, 50 IS REG GOING BELOW THAT MAKES FAST GUYS FASTER AND SLOW GUYS SLOWER.. GOING ABOVE 50 MAKES THEM THE SAME
Wow somebody found the caps button.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 32

Anyone who loved the old Madden games would like 100 threshold, because it makes this game play similar to those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 02:53 PM   #22
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Here is Darren McFadden very fast player still wheeling and burning by everyone on Broncos D and has no chance of getting caught on 60 threshold (Very Slow speed) in my CCM with all madden custom sliders. Even on 70 and 75 threshold he was still beating people down the sidelines in foot races or at least gaining on people who had a good angle but his straight line speed would make their angles look crappy

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 09-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
Here is Darren McFadden very fast player still wheeling and burning by everyone on Broncos D and has no chance of getting caught on 60 threshold (Very Slow speed) in my CCM with all madden custom sliders. Even on 70 and 75 threshold he was still beating people down the sidelines in foot races or at least gaining on people who had a good angle but his straight line speed would make their angles look crappy

This video is a great example of how unrealistic 100 threshold is. Do you see how McFadden is at top speed as soon as he touches the ball? Do you see how he is instantly at top speed after making that little juke? 100 thresh eliminates the acceleration aspect of player mobility in Madden completely.

If someone enjoys that type of game play, more power to him/her. However, that run is not what you would see on Sundays. What is McFadden's acceleration rating btw?

Last edited by SECElit3; 09-10-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #24
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

My take for what it's worth:

I think people miss the point of what Speed Threshold to use when all they focus on is one player running downfield vs another player. I try to see how it affects the game stats and plays overall. I believe they changed Speed Threshold from last year, or maybe its just like sliders and works different in CCM vs Play Now.

I am of the belief that the CPU runs better with Speed Threshold 100 for some reason. Last year I know it was known as the 'big play' slider the closer to 0 the more big plays. I believe it affects the USER and the CPU differently. I have no hard evidence these are just my observations. I feel running outside is too easy for the USER with speed threshold 0 and the CPU runs better at 100 in short yardage, maybe they get to the line quicker, so I prefer to use 100.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »