Home

HUM PASS AWR slider does the opposite

This is a discussion on HUM PASS AWR slider does the opposite within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
HUM PASS AWR slider does the opposite

Sorry if this has been mentioned...

I just tested this out and it's true: The lower the number for HUM PASS AWR the less separation occurs, the higher the number the more separation occurs between their receivers and your corners.

Maybe I'm behind the curve but it sure helps a ton when I'm trying to make my own sliders.

I'm offline CCM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: HUM PASS AWR slider does the opposite

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Sorry if this has been mentioned...

I just tested this out and it's true: The lower the number for HUM PASS AWR the less separation occurs, the higher the number the more separation occurs between their receivers and your corners.

Maybe I'm behind the curve but it sure helps a ton when I'm trying to make my own sliders.

I'm offline CCM.
This will ultimately flaw your "pass defense" because they only do this to compensate for their lack of coverage ability. By doing this they may not get burnt (not most times) but when a receiver changes directions the corners and safties will be so lost passing will become too easy and very unrealistic. As I have stated in multiple threads to different people, when you focus too much on one part of the game without taking into account the "schematics" that is the different positions individually in football you ultimately end up with another problem (as I just stated). You can check out my thread if you'd like, and feel free to ask me any question once you read it, thanks.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
Pro

Right...but I had the slider set at 0 and was getting NO separation between cpu receivers and my corners. So I bumped it up to 95 and now they're getting plenty of separation. I'll play around with it to get it more realistic.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:36 AM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

This has been discussed in quite a few threads

Personally, I got tired of tinkering with that slider, it was driving me crazy. I find that anywhere between 50-75 gives decent results. I used 55 for a long time and liked it

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
This has been discussed in quite a few threads

Personally, I got tired of tinkering with that slider, it was driving me crazy. I find that anywhere between 50-75 gives decent results. I used 55 for a long time and liked it
I simply choose to pay attention (on replays) to how coverage plays out for each position relative to their rating and what is expected from that position and player in the NFL from some videos I watched (of course the last part is more limited)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Right...but I had the slider set at 0 and was getting NO separation between cpu receivers and my corners. So I bumped it up to 95 and now they're getting plenty of separation. I'll play around with it to get it more realistic.
Do as you wish by all means, was just stating my perspective.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #7
Pro

Sorry, I did a search for it and didn't come up with anything. It was news to me though.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

If it is indeed backwards perhaps that gives some credence to the view that USER Pass Defense Reaction influences the cpus pass/run ratio. higher user reaction = worse pass defense = more cpu throws? I am going to check it out with instant replay and see If I can tell a difference.

Have you seen it impact zone coverage or just man to man? I am not sure what to look for exactly I would think seperation between receiver and defender in man coverage would more be tied into speed threshold

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »