Home

Can somebody explain to me reaction time.

This is a discussion on Can somebody explain to me reaction time. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
Can somebody explain to me reaction time.

Each year, I've came here looking for realistic sliders just to realize their not realistic one bit. I've tried a few sets and they all seem to be the same. 5-6 sacks a game. CPU rushing 150+ a game. Holes are wide as busses for any CPU team I face. I believe realism is confused with impossible to win in Madden. And it's not like I'm playing with a horrible defense as I play with the Ravens.

I've since been messing around with default All-Pro sliders; tweaking here and there.

What exactly does pass reaction do? I turn it on 0 then 100 and see no difference other than the QB throwing to the FB/HB to the WR running a streak. Does it affect the defense at all?

And no matter what running sliders I set, the CPU ALWAYS jukes in the back field and runs backwards on stretch and pitch plays.

Could somebody help me come up with an actual slider set that's realistic? I'm using 15 minutes, very slow, 0 threshold which I rarely see on here. Playing on Normal makes the players way too fast. Very Slow is almost spot on if you count the time a player runs 40 yards then look up their real 40 time.

On 50 Pass Block, 0 Pass Rush, I rarely see a sack a game depending on the matchup. I usually get 1-3 sacks per game and allow 1-2 with the Ravens.

Basically everything I'm happy with but the CPU passing for 300+ yards a game no matter who the QB is and running backs running backwards.

Will somebody with knowledge of sliders PM me? Or posting here would be find but I don't check this section often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 05:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can somebody explain to me reaction time.

I still haven't figured out the rush reaction but I can give you some insight to the pass reaction for the cpu at least. On 100 if you put a receiver on a zig route against man coverage and you notice that your receiver gets plenty of separation. This works different with a line backer and tight end but with a wr and cb you will definetly see the difference. Put it on zero and there is some separation but not neary as effective the CPU jumps on the route and jumps it before you know. So what I'm guessing from what i seen is that with the cpu pass reactions is just what it says how the cpu reacts to pass. a lower number is quicker with a higher number being slower
Old 09-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

I needed to hear and read this, this was soo crucial to my slider set. I had it at 100 and while they did play good coverage here and there the CPU & AI have become more reactive on lower settings. Thanks JMaster. Do you know how run reaction works? Is it same the lower the quicker the CPU will react to run plays

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 09-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

OVR: 1

Here's a thread where I posted some of the stuff I've found about slider behavior. Maybe this can help.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ory-101-a.html
Old 09-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #5
Rookie

jwin122's Arena

I agree with the lower sliders = quicker reaction. There was a slider set that I used for Madden 12 last year that had pass reaction for both users at 0 and then you adjusted the QB Accuracy sliders each game for which QB you were playing against and using, and it seemed to work pretty well as far as stats were concerned...can't remember who made them or I'd try them out on M13 and see how well they worked this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 08:30 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
I needed to hear and read this, this was soo crucial to my slider set. I had it at 100 and while they did play good coverage here and there the CPU & AI have become more reactive on lower settings. Thanks JMaster. Do you know how run reaction works? Is it same the lower the quicker the CPU will react to run plays
I'm not sure im still tinkering around with it trying to figure it out
Old 09-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaster
I still haven't figured out the rush reaction but I can give you some insight to the pass reaction for the cpu at least. On 100 if you put a receiver on a zig route against man coverage and you notice that your receiver gets plenty of separation. This works different with a line backer and tight end but with a wr and cb you will definetly see the difference. Put it on zero and there is some separation but not neary as effective the CPU jumps on the route and jumps it before you know. So what I'm guessing from what i seen is that with the cpu pass reactions is just what it says how the cpu reacts to pass. a lower number is quicker with a higher number being slower
Does it work this way also for the USER slider? So if i put USER Pass Reaction 0 my guys will perform better than if i put USER Pass Reaction 100?
Old 09-15-2012, 12:34 AM   #8
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
Does it work this way also for the USER slider? So if i put USER Pass Reaction 0 my guys will perform better than if i put USER Pass Reaction 100?
Yes, both sliders are backwards in that lowering them improves the response time of defenders in man coverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »