Home

Dropped passes question

This is a discussion on Dropped passes question within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2
Dropped passes question

I try to tune my sliders based on NFL averages and was tuning the USER passing so I wanted to look up the NFL stats on dropped passes last year. I found on average there were 1-2 dropped passes per team per game. I am wondering what the definition of a dropped pass actually is because I think it may differ from the stats I found and madden.

If your guy makes a play on the ball and gets hit at the same time Madden counts it as a dropped pass. Is that really something that only happens 1-2 a game or am I just losing it? I would think it happens more often and isn't counted as a drop IRL but is in madden but I just want to be sure.

I don't get this problem with my USER WR Catching at 47 but then offense becomes too easy. If I put USER WR Catching at 45 then I get about 10-15 dropped passes a game but it isnt as incredibly easy to march down the field. I am using Mark Sanchez who despite looking beast today is someone I don't want to be able to march down the field with at will every possession.

I've seen some sliders with WR Catching 45 and some with it much higher, I am thinking this is one area where you have to sacrifice some realism for gameplay but I wanted to see if anyone else had any thoughts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Dropped passes question

Dropped passes are something that a lot of people can't stand. I tried explaining to those people in jarrods thread that without dropped passes you will usually not struggle to move the ball unless you put accuracy at 4 or below. I've been counting dropped passes since then, and I have seen close to 6 a game in the games I have watched, I think catching at 45 is ok for a user, I play it at 42 for a challenge since ea can't program proper WR /DB interactions. For CPU I have it above 50 always. At 55 I still see 3 drops or so a game for the CPU

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

This is one aspect where real life averages don't mean anything to me because in this aspect of the game it isn't programmed realistically IMO. I'd rather have a challenge

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
This is one aspect where real life averages don't mean anything to me because in this aspect of the game it isn't programmed realistically IMO. I'd rather have a challenge
I concur. In my lab testing this is one aspect of Madden that has been broken like forever. No matter what they do, this one area that they do not seem to get correct.

In years past I have "band-aided" this problem by tweaking WR attributes for CTH, CTH IN TRAFFIC, etc. Of course that only works for one season and then all the attributes go out whack again. This being said, I prefer the challenge over the easy marching down the field option.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »