Home

Pro could be the way to go

This is a discussion on Pro could be the way to go within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #17
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Pro could be the way to go

Well Trent Richardson finishes with 239 Yards on 20 attempts and 3TD's.
I got a bit annoyed so i went against my own house rule and he burned me on a 42 yard run. Literally unstoppable.

I lost 33-36 and i wouldve won but i was chased down on the 3 yard line after completing what looked like a TD bomb to roosevelt. First time the CPU had more rushing yards then me and the first time so far i have lost games in CCM. 1-2 so far and pro is by far more challenging then all madden.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
There is no way that the levels are listed wrong. I believe, instead, its just that the levels are programmed poorly in CCM. Instead of just making things harder, going to allpro or allmadden in CCM change behaviors and CPU logic, in some cases for the worse.

I havent tried this yet, howeer, at some, I will have to.

After I finish my ccm game that I am playing I might boot a fresh test CCM just to play this for a game and see what I find...
Go for it man. I agree with you that CCM gameplay is just programmed differently, more like poorly no matter the level and slider adjustments. I don't think any combinations will make the game play as good as play now until EA fixes it via a patch or M14. The translation of gameplay got lost somewhere. I don't know if it's easily fixable or we have to wait a year. All I know no matter the difficulty, sliders, speed, threshold, etc the gameplay from the IE to the AI is sloppy compared to exhibition. It's like CCM was programmed a completely different way. I wish I knew if that was EA's intention to have such randomness or if in the translation of gameplay into CCM got lost by testers

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-15-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
Rookie

mikemck09's Arena

OVR: 1

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING...
Old 09-15-2012, 04:49 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

To me, the important question is, what are these sliders like for simming online ccm games? Do you get realistic stats?
Old 09-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #21
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

OVR: 2

Yep tried these earlier with all cpu sliders at 80+ and human sliders adjusted to my own way. I beat buffalo 41-24 but surprisingly the game was competitive and the computer was able to average 5.2 yards a carry and fitzpatrick had 200 plus yards on 31 attempts so I am very happy.

For the next game I will be changing the threshold from 45 to 75. Right now I'm playing on normal speed but might change to slow based off results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #22
Rookie

mikemck09's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
To me, the important question is, what are these sliders like for simming online ccm games? Do you get realistic stats?

Just finished an amazing Fantasy Draft Preseason Game... Won 30 - 23... I took a look at the stats for the week and they were ehh... Alex Smith had over 400 yards passing and 6 TD's... Seems like someone is always on fire during week one... He had 3 TD's go to Megatron... I mean, stuff like this can happen, look at Vick last week with 4 picks then he comes back to win the game... Stafford is another example...
Old 09-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #23
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Since I'm still pretty much in the "testing" phase,I decided to try Pro this morning with a fresh online cc.

The only thing I changed was I used very slow (I feel this better represents the animations,and it's not so ping pongy) and I lowered threshold to 35.

Again,I only got to play a little bit,as I was literally falling asleep (this game's gonna kill me...lol) but I played a few drives against the Eagles in my preseaon.

What really stood out for me was a play from Vick...I was controlling Harrison,and was waiting so "get my sack on",well Vick had other plans...upon running the play,Vick did a play action to McCoy,in which Harrison bit hard...allowing Vick to take off and run right where Harrison vacated.

I have never been faked out so hard on play action in all my time with Madden (that I can remember) It was just ran so beautifully,and looked so natural..all I could do was give props to the Eagles.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm glad these settings are giving good results for most people. Thanks for spreading them out. For those interested, here is what i am currently running with in my offline CCM

Slow speed-75 threshold

QBA 25/75
PB 50/50
WRC 45/55
BT 60/70
RBL 25/75
Fumbles 25/75
PDRT 25/75
Int 50/50
Pass Rush 50/50
RDRT 25/75
Block Shedding 25/75
Tackling 30/40

Penalties are all at 53

Credit to all the theorists on here. My sliders are a reflection of you all. Big thanks.

Last edited by mooch49; 09-15-2012 at 06:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »