Home

Pro could be the way to go

This is a discussion on Pro could be the way to go within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2012, 08:53 PM   #41
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Pro could be the way to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
Are you sure?
Yes. Sliders have never affected sim stats. Run/pass ration is what affects sim stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by matilack
Is the goal of these sliders is to make every game as close as possible?

Cuz sometimes you just play a bad team, like the Dolphins, and if you're the Packers you probably should blow them out (within reason).

I don't want every game to be 17-14, its nice to have some cruisers sprinkled in.
In the sliders I posted a link to above, I just finished a game as the Lions. Blowing out the Vikes. Even though they ran it pretty good, I shut down their passing game and held strong, didn't give up a td. 2 of my touchdowns came on drives where I recovered a fumble and intercepted, otherwise the score would have been a little closer. Still won 31-6

I love the feeling of playing good defense and calling good plays. So far all the sliders I've seen posted by everyone is basically an offensive shootout. You have no chance of them not scoring a td.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #43
Rookie

mikemck09's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebizarrojerry
Try these sliders guys, tell me if you see a cpu running game

AP just ran for 70 yards and Ponder threw a 56 yard pass.

Still only 3-0 in the 1st quarter but the cpu gives me a challenge

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ual-gamer.html

First off dude, you don't appreciate anyone answering your questions, then you throw another slider set into someones thread... Not cool bro
Old 09-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #44
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by matilack
Is the goal of these sliders is to make every game as close as possible?

Cuz sometimes you just play a bad team, like the Dolphins, and if you're the Packers you probably should blow them out (within reason).

I don't want every game to be 17-14, its nice to have some cruisers sprinkled in.
I think the goal right now, at least for me, is to get the computer to a level where they can actually beat me. And I'm average to good at Madden and I play strict house rules and use game flow to help the AI even more.

It would be nice to be able to not have to use game flow.

Really I want the CPU to force me to run blitz to stop the run if my front 7 isn't great.

I want a good QB to make good and quick decisions about where to throw the ball and a bad QB to hold the ball longer and force some throws.

I want the CPU offense to function in the red zone (their run game is instrumental to this)

So far All signs are pointing to PRO mode and maybe even ROOKIE from some things that I have read.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 7
Been testing the last few hours. I have the game for both systems. What I am seeing is that my settings work best for offline ccm (xbox). When I used them in an online ccm (ps3), they were rough. Not sure if the discrepancy is due to the systems or the type of ccm being played. Still set on pro, but it's possible once sliders are adjusted in online ccm, they aren't as effective maybe because of daily tuners, whereas in an offline ccm they work better since there is no tuning. This is all speculation because nobody really knows what is done on the server side in an online ccm. For now, think I'm going to stick with offline for the sliders I have made based on pro. If you play an online ccm, my recommendation would be to just play at default levels. In other words, don't change really a thing other than fatigue and injuries. Again only speculating.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #46
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

The thing that has me the most interested right now is hearing people say that on Pro the CPU QBs behave more realistically and don't just hold the ball hold the ball hold the ball make predictable throws like I see on the higher levels.

Please keep posting feedback guys, I might have to try this out for myself

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemck09
First off dude, you don't appreciate anyone answering your questions, then you throw another slider set into someones thread... Not cool bro
I just gave a suggestion to people talking about scoring way too many points.

And I don't appreciate what? Huh? What are you on about?
Old 09-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #48
Pro

OVR: 8

I think everybody is hoping for a solution for our cc slider problem. But ea just need to fix the sliders right now and make them work like in play now.
Ea already made us play cc online so they could tweek it so ea whats the f.ing problem? Fix that piep..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »