Home

The ArkanSaw's Slider Base

This is a discussion on The ArkanSaw's Slider Base within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Rookie

The ArkanSaw's Arena

OVR: 11
The ArkanSaw's Madden 13 Simulation Sliders

These sliders were developed for a true simulation experience that doesn't try to handicap the user in order to make the CPU worth playing. I designed these with the intention of making ratings dictate the play on the field and not percentages and luck. I wanted to see the elite stand out and be the ones making the amazing plays on the field and not having lesser players have the ability to control a game. I want to see each player type shine and not just see speedsters dominate. I want the CPU to exploit holes on your defense so that there is a sense of needing to improve and not being complacent because of the CPU's inability to put up a fair fight. Guys like Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe and Kenny Britt will now be able to shine and speed will be an asset instead of a neccessity. I wanted to see elite tacklers make the one on one hits instead of cornerbacks and lesser linebackers. Just because your in the right position doesnt make the tackle automatic and thats what i have accomplished with this slider set.

Along with the sense of player ratings coming into effect more i have now made the gameplay feel fun and not scripted and forced. Just because you run into 4 LB's doesnt mean you will go down right away, you will now have a sense of fight and resistance when running the ball and no more animations triggering when in a crowd. I wanted elite defenders to be feared and not to be toyed with. Darrelle Revis makes life a living hell for your WR's and Ed Reed makes the deep ball a dangerous option. I want to see a week to week difference in player performance based on matchups. One week Calvin Johnson will catch 8 passes for 120 yards and 2 scores but then against the Niners he will have 2 catches for 45 yards. I wanted to make things more dynamic and make key players be standouts while lesser players will stand out for their ineffectiveness. These sliders will make not only the gameplay more fun but Trades,Drafts and FA signing aswell.

Gameplay Improvements

• Elite CornerBacks are now more evident and active getting your best receiver involved difficult.
  • Trucking/Elusiveness will be felt along with a sense of pushing the pile, It will now take more players to bring down one instead of straight up One on One Tackles.
  • Pocket movement and Line Shifting will now be vital and you will now have to escape and throw on the run much more frequently than before.
  • CPU will now have longer and more sustainable drives.
  • CPU Running Backs will realistically gain yardage and now will cut into different holes.
  • Improved CPU QB play.
  • User passing much more difficult and will need to utilize full Playbook for success.
  • Much more realistic Pass Rush and better Defensive and Offensive Line interaction

There are many more improvements i have seen but those are the main issues i have had with this game that i have seen improved upon with these sliders. The penalty sliders as mentioned in one of the threads, plays a HUGE role in gameplay. I have implemented them and the game opens up even more. I can now run commit and pass commit and not make the CPU obsolete. These sliders are a perfect blend between Realistic, Challenging and Fun. Football should be dynamic and there should be no surefire things at all. I am not trying to make it seem like i fixed every issue but i have done enough for me to atleast start a serious CCM Mode and enjoy it tremendously

Game Difficulty: All-Madden
    Game Speed: Slow
    Quarter Length:15 Minutes
    Accelerated Clock:13 Seconds
    Fatigue:45
    Injuries:35
    Speed Threshold:65

Sliders: USER/CPU
    QB Accuracy:5/100
    Pass Blocking:0/75
    WR Catching:45/45
    Broken Tackles:15/30
    Run Blocking:25/45
    Fumbles:25/25
    Pass Reaction:30/100
    Interceptions:35/50
    Pass Rushing:0/100
    Rush Defense reaction time:20/100
    Block Shedding:10/25
    Tackling:45/45

Special Teams:
    FG Power:53
    FG accuracy:48
    Punt Power:45
    Punt Accuracy:100
    Kickoff Power:53

Penalties:
    All 50 except for
    False Start:55
    FaceMask:55
    Defensive Pass Interference:100
    Offensive Pass Interference:0
    Clipping:35
    Roughing The Kicker:25

Updates will happen every 10 or so test games, i do not want to micromanage these sliders and will only make adjustments on trending issues.

Last edited by The ArkanSaw; 10-19-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Ne set
    Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »