Home

Let's work together and figure out OCCM Auto-Sub & Fatigue once and for all.

This is a discussion on Let's work together and figure out OCCM Auto-Sub & Fatigue once and for all. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Let's work together and figure out OCCM Auto-Sub & Fatigue once and for all.

First of all, what I am working on is the ideal Fatigue/Auto-Sub slider settings. We all know they affect each other. What I want from these sliders is mainly for the CPU to give more carries to the back up, and even 3rd string HB, and a rotation on D Line, without affecting positions like OL.

After working quite a bit with the Fatigue slider and Auto-Sub settings I have noticed that the fatigue setting it'self has an impact in the game and causes changes.

With Fatigue on 100 and Auto-Subs set at 0 Out 2 In for every position players still came out of the game even with a 0 out setting. They did come back, but the 2nd & 3rd string covered for the starter, but at least they came back so it's a start.

It also affected pass rush and fumbles for both USER and CPU, in a good way. I also noticed in the passing game the WR were making some nice catches. The game felt different with the Fatigue slider at 100 in a good way. Elite players really seemed to play differently, like the ratings were at there peak. It was really cool, accept for what's to come below.

The major problem is, as you can imagine, your players get gassed and the back ups come in for back ups and when the starter comes back in hes still gassed.

The good thing is I noticed the CPU having the same problem with back ups, so now we know these sliders affect the CPU as well. Now we need to find out what settings work best to trigger the CPU team to rotate players like HB and DL.

What I learned is players with a low stamina rating came out faster than players with high stamina rating, even at the same position. I liked this because it means we can find a set that will allow a realistic rotation. I like D Line sub package, but I don't like that it subs the whole D Line, and I know you can use R1 and that's cool too. But for the CPU they rely only on the settings and can't choose the way USER can.

These sliders are the most complicated and it really will take all of us to get the set that works. If you understand what I am talking about and want to help, get started. This what I need you to do:

Put your Fatigue at 100 and all Auto-Sub sliders (Out 0 In 2) for all postions and play. Now I know the backups will come in Blah Blah, just pay attention to when the starters are in the game and how the game play is, and monitor the CPU through replay to see what Subs are coming in the game.

I am going to continue working on these as well. I know there is something we are missing with the adjustment of these but I feel if we get it figured out it can add another dimension to a great game.

Check out my other thread, finding balance using sliders. Yeah, yeah, I know, fatigue and auto-subs are sliders too. These are very unbalanced.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »