Home

Solution to Pass Block Glitch!!

This is a discussion on Solution to Pass Block Glitch!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Solution to Pass Block Glitch!!

After 4 games in a season with the Redskins LOLB Kerrigan had 14 sacks! All pro ROLB Brian Orackpo who is rated much higher only had 2 sacks, why? Because the RT position is for one: lacking talent. Out of 32 starting RTs only 6 have a rating of 85 or higher. I also researched the men they must block, starting LOLBs in 3-4 schemes and LEs in 4-3 schemes and there are 15 of them rated 85 or higher! However, even a 70 rated RT who outweighs 84 rated Adam Kerrigan by 70lbs should be able to block him for more than 2 secs right? This is certainly the case in real life. I went to practice mode using a RT with a respectable 75 rating. I observed that these RTs handled 3 step drops just fine, but on a deep 5 step drop they got beat almost everytime irregardless of the defender's rating. The RT would engage the LOLB or LE and push him wide, causing the defender to try to loop around but the RT could not slide step long enough in order to re-engage the defender so the defender slips past the RT almost everytime on a 5 step drop. I found the friggin glitch! In order to test the problem, I created 4 different RTs all with the same weight, height, strength etc. The settings I varied were Pass Block, PB Strength, PB Footwork, and Impact Block. I added them all to a team and tested them in practice mode in order to figure out which trait has the greatest impact on their ability to block. Pass Block turned out to be the most important trait, so I know I had to toggle the Pass Block slider in hopes that the glitch could be overcome. The HU PB slider is realistic at 73 which called for a large overcompensation on the CPU Pass Rush slider: a 95. On the flip side the CPU Pass Block is set to 87 and the HU Pass Rush set to 50.

Last edited by phukwiddit; 09-18-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 44
Re: Solution to Pass Block Glitch!!

I have been wondering about this for some time... Is this true? If so, how many other people have been experiencing this?

Facebook.com/ufl2012
YouTube.com/ufl2012
Follow me on twitter@UFL2012
Old 09-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

OVR: 1

Interesting stuff. Have you found that the RE has been able to get pressure using these settings, or is it mainly that the LE isn't able to do his glitch anymore?
Old 09-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #4
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixzero
I have been wondering about this for some time... Is this true? If so, how many other people have been experiencing this?
This glitch is very real.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Yes with these settings the pressure is a pure matchup where ratings effect performance rather than one position benefititing from a glitch. A four man rush normally gets to the QB in about 4 to 6 s and the first guy to break free is usually the more elite player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 01:02 AM   #6
Banned

You lost me at the end

So the correct sliders for pass block should be

HUM/CPU

50/87

?
Old 09-18-2012, 01:11 AM   #7
Rookie

Sorry for Pass Block:
HU-- 73/ CPU--87

For Pass Rush:
HU--50/ CPU--95

seems extreme but the pass block is so high because its the only way a RT can sustain a block on a 5 step drop back from the QB. The CPU pass rush is at 95 b/c anything lower, the QB was able to stand in the pocket untouched for up to 10s!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:08 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phukwiddit
Sorry for Pass Block:
HU-- 73/ CPU--87

For Pass Rush:
HU--50/ CPU--95

seems extreme but the pass block is so high because its the only way a RT can sustain a block on a 5 step drop back from the QB. The CPU pass rush is at 95 b/c anything lower, the QB was able to stand in the pocket untouched for up to 10s!
I will try these settings in my 1st game of the 2nd year of a Lions Online CCM and let you know how they work. They seem really high though. I had mine set at low numbers, like below 20. And still didn't see many sacks for my guys. Zero sacks for linebackers too all my first season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »