Home

PENALTY SLIDER SETS ACTUALLY AFFECT GAMEPLAY

This is a discussion on PENALTY SLIDER SETS ACTUALLY AFFECT GAMEPLAY within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #17
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: PENALTY SLIDER SETS ACTUALLY AFFECT GAMEPLAY

Going to plug these ideas into my online cc,to see what kind of difference it makes.
Hopefully this pans out in a positive manner,kudo's to you OP.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 09-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #18
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenp1518
I just played in CONNECTED CAREERS MODE with these penalty and game slider sets and the cpu ran all over my defense!

PENALTIES:

Offside-100
False Start-1
Holding-55
Face Mask-55
OPI-25
DPI-99
PCI-50
Clipping-35
Intentional Grounding-50
Roughing the Passer-54
Roughing the Kicker-25
I tried these penalty settings with SEC's sliders.

The good - The cpu ran the ball and ran well.
The bad - I got really luck with 4 quick turnovers and the cpu switched to the pass for the rest of the game.

About to play another game but so far I think this makes a huge difference. In my CCM after 7 games no team was able to get more than 40 yards against me (SEC's sliders). Adding these, the CPU had 65 yards on 8 carries in the first quarter before they had to play catch up and ditched the run.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #19
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades71
In madden 13 ive seen illegal forward pass on me and the cpu for being past the LOS. Also illegal touching on a deep pass where the WR had a step out of bounds on his deep route a couple of times. Also i got an unnecessary roughness when i scrambled my QB for eight yards and got hit while already out of bounds. Penalties deffinately going in a good direction, all those calls surprised the heck out of me.
I like this thread and it makes sense penalties have an impact on the AI. After all AI is only scripted situational parameters in any kind of game and the penalties being set high or low would deffinately have to effect AI to have any effect at all.
So have I, I have seen all of the following you mentioned. Mainly the illegal touching is what I've seen. I've seen one each of the mentioned and thats my problem. Don't miss the point I was making; yea they have been sighted in madden 13, but In two weeks through the NFL IRL there have been 43 Pass interference calls. I've played around 40 games in madden and only seen it 3 times. Have you ever seen intentional grounding? or what about defensive holding I've seen that atleast 6-10 times IRL & I do not even have the NFL Sunday Ticket. Offsetting penalties in madden? Never...

Penalties might have improved but they are still a joke in the game. How can it be a sim if the rules of the game arent even incorporated into the game. Now I know they don't have to have every rule or penalty cause that'd be overwhelming but older and other football genre's have managed to add them in so the task can't be impossible...?

I am going to test around with Pass Interference and see if when lowered players will be more agressive in the air & for positioning.
I'll drop clipping, & Roughing the kicker, & intentional grounding

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #20
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
I tried these penalty settings with SEC's sliders.

The good - The cpu ran the ball and ran well.
The bad - I got really luck with 4 quick turnovers and the cpu switched to the pass for the rest of the game.

About to play another game but so far I think this makes a huge difference. In my CCM after 7 games no team was able to get more than 40 yards against me (SEC's sliders). Adding these, the CPU had 65 yards on 8 carries in the first quarter before they had to play catch up and ditched the run.
What kind of penalties did you get called in there?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #21
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
So have I, I have seen all of the following you mentioned. Mainly the illegal touching is what I've seen. I've seen one each of the mentioned and thats my problem. Don't miss the point I was making; yea they have been sighted in madden 13, but In two weeks through the NFL IRL there have been 43 Pass interference calls. I've played around 40 games in madden and only seen it 3 times. Have you ever seen intentional grounding? or what about defensive holding I've seen that atleast 6-10 times IRL & I do not even have the NFL Sunday Ticket. Offsetting penalties in madden? Never...

Penalties might have improved but they are still a joke in the game. How can it be a sim if the rules of the game arent even incorporated into the game. Now I know they don't have to have every rule or penalty cause that'd be overwhelming but older and other football genre's have managed to add them in so the task can't be impossible...?

I am going to test around with Pass Interference and see if when lowered players will be more agressive in the air & for positioning.
I'll drop clipping, & Roughing the kicker, & intentional grounding
You know I'm beginning to think that this is the philosophy of EA as a whole, because you know just as I do that the "casual" crowd would definitely find penalties boring. My proof? None really except penalties/fouls are a problem in:

Madden 12, 13
NHL 12, 13
FIFA 12, (13 as yet unreleased)

Now I don't know about you, but that's just two many games for it to be a coincidence.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #22
Rookie

southriver's Arena

OVR: 1

I used Jarods green set with your penalty setting suggestions. My Bolts vs the Titans in CCM. Chris Johnson was a beast and had 110 yds rushing on me in the first half. I stopped the game only due to my holding slider being at 55. This caused a MASSIVE amount of holding penaltys for me. I had over 10 by the half. I will re-play tomorrow using a 50 for holding.

This looks promising because no running back since i started CCM has done anything, and in this game HUGE yards. I hope it continues
Old 09-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 0

Sadly upping the only penalties that are being called is the only way to actually get enough penalties per game.

If false start, holding, and facemask were at 50, they would never get called.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

i bumped holding to 53 and they still get called but not like they did with 55, idk why but for some reason with the penalties set this way 55 causes massive holding calls unlike it does with other penalty slider sets at 55. to be honest i'll sacrifice false start and clipping to have a more consistent cpu run game and over all a more competitive game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »