Home

PENALTY SLIDER SETS ACTUALLY AFFECT GAMEPLAY

This is a discussion on PENALTY SLIDER SETS ACTUALLY AFFECT GAMEPLAY within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #57
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: PENALTY SLIDER SETS ACTUALLY AFFECT GAMEPLAY

After a bit of trial and error, I decided to go with adjustments to the three sliders that affect the run / run defense:

Clipping
Fair Catch Interference
Running into the Kicker

Currently, I have all three set on 25

I kept both DPI / OPI at 100, because my sliders were already set to get separation with those settings and with OPI @ 20, the separation disappeared...

I also put Offsides back at the 98 setting I had been using, because when I tried a single click up (99), all heck broke loose with OL / DL interaction...DL became very dominant...

Since I spent a couple test CCMs getting my sliders together, I didn't want to have to deal with an overhaul, so I made a few adjustments and am very pleased with the results...

The run blocking and defensive pursuit are much more "fluid"...

Cool thread...

Thanks for the tips, guys!
Old 11-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #58
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

I have been following this thread since it began, And just wanted to post in support of the idea of penalty sliders affecting game play....I have been using these suggested changes and have seen some differences in game play as what has already been noted....

If I stumble on anything that seems new I will post....I am currectly running the OPI, and kick/punt interference at 25 as I want aggressive play in those areas...I have DPI at 40 in hopes of getting a balance between receivers and DB's, I want separation, but only for the receivers that deserve it by their ratings, I still want shut down corners to be all over the majority of receivers; also I feel the passing game is too easy in general....Hopefully that is what I will get....

I lowered clipping down to the suggested 33; also holding down to 40....I want the offensive line, at least on pass blocking, to not allow more than 3 seconds for the QB to pass....I also want it balanced enough so that the run game is a threat; so when facing a Peterson or Foster, if adjustments are not made they will average +5 yards a carry, as they should, at least in game, to represent the threats they are in real life, my opinion of course....
Old 11-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #59
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I have an observation on the Intentional Grounding slider...

I've had it at 100 since release, and recently switched it to a suggested value of 50...

What happened?

The CPU QB (Manning / DEN) sat in the pocket for EVER and picked me apart...

The pass rush became less powerful and he lost any sense of "clock in his head"...

I THINK that not having the thing maxed leads to a lot of "capitulation" because there's no concern of having to "throw the ball away" to avoid grounding???

Hard to explain, but it's going back to 100...

Still loving the effects of the clipping / catch interference / running into kicker sliders...

WR Screens, for one thing work MUCH more realistically...
Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 PM   #60
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I have an observation on the Intentional Grounding slider...

I've had it at 100 since release, and recently switched it to a suggested value of 50...

What happened?

The CPU QB (Manning / DEN) sat in the pocket for EVER and picked me apart...

The pass rush became less powerful and he lost any sense of "clock in his head"...

I THINK that not having the thing maxed leads to a lot of "capitulation" because there's no concern of having to "throw the ball away" to avoid grounding???

Hard to explain, but it's going back to 100...

Still loving the effects of the clipping / catch interference / running into kicker sliders...

WR Screens, for one thing work MUCH more realistically...
Have you tried this setting under 50? Under 25 you will see QB's scramble out of the pocket. Under 25 is more realistic in my experience. At 100 you're making the QB perceive the pressure is too strong and the coverage is too tight even when it may not be. Under 25 I think brings out more in the QB's tendencies to become a chain gun in response to pressure or a scrambler etc.,

It is all in respect to how your other sliders are setup. If you want a new experience try under 25 for INT grounding anything between 5 and 15 seems to bring out authentic pocket presence for both sides.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #61
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Gro23
I wish madden would have effective and true penalties like 2K sports could implement it opens up everything and just adds that much more realism. & The proof in the pudding was always shown in replays user control & game que'd it was awesome!
Just another madden script waiting to be debunked
I couldn't agree more with what you quoted here, and essentially your comment has gone unnoticed, as have me saying nearly the same thing over the last few year on boards, to friends, and letters to EA. How can true realism be achieved without true penalty representation? True penalty representation would go along way for Madden to considered a more complete game. Maybe Madden 19 will include the new revolutionary feature of true penalty representation. Good post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
I have been following this thread since it began, And just wanted to post in support of the idea of penalty sliders affecting game play....I have been using these suggested changes and have seen some differences in game play as what has already been noted....

If I stumble on anything that seems new I will post....I am currectly running the OPI, and kick/punt interference at 25 as I want aggressive play in those areas...I have DPI at 40 in hopes of getting a balance between receivers and DB's, I want separation, but only for the receivers that deserve it by their ratings, I still want shut down corners to be all over the majority of receivers; also I feel the passing game is too easy in general....Hopefully that is what I will get....

I lowered clipping down to the suggested 33; also holding down to 40....I want the offensive line, at least on pass blocking, to not allow more than 3 seconds for the QB to pass....I also want it balanced enough so that the run game is a threat; so when facing a Peterson or Foster, if adjustments are not made they will average +5 yards a carry, as they should, at least in game, to represent the threats they are in real life, my opinion of course....
I've made these same adjustments to penalties and have had some good games recently. CPU playcalling looks and feels more realistic without predictable runs always on 1st and 2nd downs. I noticed somebody else had a drastic increase in injuries as I have...there were almost 20 in one game!! None were serious but I lowered injuries to 40 and haven't had a further problem. I'll pass anything along that I notice too with gameplay with these penalty adjustments. Good find here californ14
Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

any update to these? this is intriguing. also has anyone had good results with these settings and default settings or any suggestions on what sliders these work best with?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 5

Trying some of this out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »