Home

Sliders at all 0?

This is a discussion on Sliders at all 0? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #1
Just started!

OVR: 0
Sliders at all 0?

Hello all, first off thank you for existing. I've been lurking here for a bit and it seems like this site is the ONLY place to get reliable information on Madden 13 (that isnt a crap review or the 68th website that restates whats "new" this year...ugh).

So anyway, I haven't played madden since 10' and IN 10' there was an option for the sliders to automatically adjust based on how well you played. So I dont really have much experience with tweaking sliders separately. However, I love my games to be as realistic as possible. That being said I've some concerns with sliders.

What I would like to know up front is, if I set all sliders to 50, would that make every player play their position based on simply their ratings? If I'm looking at QB short throw accuracy (90) for example, and ive the QB acc slider set to 0, will that QB throw at just his rating? I guess I'm not really sure where the base is or what the sliders do exactly. Is it 90*slider (in the form of a percent?). 90+slider(%based)? Or is it 90 - (slider% if below 50) or + (slider% if above 50?) Is 50 the base?

My concern is that if I keep adjusting the sliders so that they "FEEL" right for what the team is currently then future drafts ratings wont matter whatsoever. For example, the cpu running game blows huge in this game. As an adjustment to that I've made slider modifications explained elsewhere that greatly increases the run blocking for the cpu. However, if I'm user controlling Suh (who's a beast) and the cpu goes for a run 9/10 Suh gets pancaked. But if its a pass, suh blows straight through the defender.

So if I take away that knowledge of sliders and build a D line that is supposed to be amazing at stopping the run they're all still going to suck because the sliders say so.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 12:15 AM   #2
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Sliders at all 0?

I follow your line of thinking - weigh them and see how they stack up. I have a formula you may like to use to see how much impact the sliders have, conversely.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
Banned

I am going to try 0 sliders tonight...I like what u r thinking!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

offensively 0 sliders do not work.
receievers drop everything and the qb's cant hit the side of a barn.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
offensively 0 sliders do not work.
receievers drop everything and the qb's cant hit the side of a barn.
Yes payton, save yourself some time, I've already tried it and it's like watching kids try to throw and catch a ball. Right now I'm using a slider set that gets me really close tough games.....but it's just that, the sliders. The players and teams don't matter, it always feels the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Try the sliders at zero on pass reaction, block shedding, pass rush, run reaction on pro its pretty interesting especially ccm off line.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #7
Just started!

I dont use current players just classic teams and I am sure many out there feel the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »