Home

Slider Collaboration -- Expression of Interest

This is a discussion on Slider Collaboration -- Expression of Interest within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2012, 01:45 AM   #9
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Slider Collaboration -- Expression of Interest

I would love to help if possible.

I never put togetther a full set of sliders in my time playing madden, but I've worked extensively on sliders ever since Madden 11.

I just never put together something that I thought turned out the way I wanted it to.

I look for realism more so than a challenge. Honestly I could care less what the stats are. As long as I get the correct kind of gameplay.

Basicly what I look for in sliders and putting togetther sliders is how well the animations are displayed and how well players on Offense and Defense react on eachother.

In other words, I don't like to see animations that look very unrealistic. Or the obvious one motion shifting.

I'm thinking you're onto something. This is a great idea cause it will take the pressure off gamers trying to put togetther a full slider set themselves.

All in all, just let me know what your plan of attack is. I know I'm not very experianced on and off this forum, but the more the marrier right?

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon
Old 09-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

I "think" I figured it out
Old 09-22-2012, 10:48 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Slider Collaboration -- Expression of Interest

I'm looking to merge minds with a potential party of people.

I've made my share of discoveries and found some gems via other slider scientists. I'm now looking to put forth everyone's suggestions and have a team of people who can dedicate research and practice to certain areas of the game.

It's a heavy load for one person to carry but many hands make light work.

I'm in need of at least one guru who has the responsibility to self-manage his own work and also those who have aspirations to contribute and are willing to receive guidance.

Qualifications
  • dogged determination
  • problem solving skills
  • analytical prowess
  • leadership - inspires hope and enables leadership in others
  • experience - familiarity with optimization
Responsibilities
  • figure out 'how it works'
  • test, practice, observe, teach

If interested, express your creative talent and where you would like to belong on the board. It would be like any other board where you have an executive director, myself, and fellow board of directors.

Essentially, we are all responsible for executive decisions but if you can trust me to take the lead, please come on board.
First of all, plug these into your online CCM Finding balance using sliders, play a game, and give me your observations.

I want to see how open minded you are to any and all possibilities in slider creation. As well as understand what your looking for out of the game. A collaborative effort needs to be centered around all parties involved working together to achieve the same goal.

The "Finding balance using sliders" theory is the closest slider set to achieving a realistic representation of NFL football that I have used. Realism is my goal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Hey, thanks for the feedback guys and the humor was worth it too.

It looks like the headcount is 3 + 1 Guru:
Slim, Carl, Gay, and the potential of Tomba as Guru.

Before getting into accepting positions, let me first put forth my target:

I'm not putting together a slider set that works for everyone - there won't be a slider set period, in fact, the official design will not have any personal preference to sliders whatsoever.

My vision is helping others to see clearly and understand the sliders with sound judgment.

The team will be a team that designs a slider guide. A Guru, more than anything, is a guide or teacher. No teacher is the best for everyone nor does a teacher give answers. A teacher educates others on how to effectively obtain the answers themselves.

The guru, essentially, is like the fisherman who teaches you how to fish rather than gives you a bucket of his own fish. We don't' want people returning for more fish - we want them to be satisfied with the load they are procuring with their own hands. For those who want to buy into your own slider set, let them ask for it.

We have to give people what THEY want and not what we want.

Dale Carnege, the author of How to Win Friends and Influence People said, "I am very fond of strawberries and cream but when I go fishing I don't feed strawberries and cream to the fish because they seem to prefer worms."

The best way to do this is to provide a guide teaching what things mean and how they work. We will teach the effects of certain mixtures and what reaction they will produce, just as a lab teacher would.

We are the scientists in the lab who will contribute that knowledge to the community so they can perform their own experiments efficiently and knowledgeably.

Tomba, you already have shown the awareness to explain what you are observing. Akita, I think you'll be sure to know now that this is not about one's slider set being the best fit for all. It's about helping people to fish for themselves.

There is a need to address the confusion and uncertainty within the community.

The flooding of more and more personalized sliders is only going to grow the confusion esp. when different makers have different opinions on the same subject.

The best approach is to simply create a slider guide that gives the people the power to do as they please like a charter of rights.

Here is an example of the need for the slider 101 guide.

Language

Language always changes, the words and their meanings. Gay, archaically, meant having or showing a lively mood, high spirited; now, its a negative connotation to a community of homosexual degenerates.

Not very fair is it?

We hardly use Gay in a well-meaning way these days yet that was the origin of its meaning - high happiness. We've become biters to our own joy.

In the same way, these sliders have a language of their own. It's up to those who know the language to reveal its true meaning so everyone can understand and converse on the same level.

Gay, the member, what you expressed in detail re: observing animations is exactly the kind of work we will be heading. This is about guiding people to the vision they want to see, not what we want to see.

Before we go any further, I'll need to know who is officially on board and then we can set the communication parameters and process flow.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #13
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

I'm on board and ready to go.
I think we should set up a separate new thread for this.

And you can call me Bacon or my real name Nick instead of Gay.

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon
Old 09-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2
I'm on board. I believe video examples to help explain would be beneficial to the madden masses.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #15
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

I got you, Nick - bring home the bacon

Slim is in - just waiting to see if Carl will be in.

Regarding communication pathways: I'm planning to use an office meeting space via Hotmail. It offers a group email, messenger support, as well as the ability to share office files such as excel and power point.

Slim, I have considered how video will enhance the message. A video tutorial will add resolution, it may also reduce consistency and contingency as we will be diverging from the main source of communication.

We'll keep video showcase as a talking point and see how we can incorporate it into our message without losing value. So long as the aesthetics are there: a sound voice to carry a sound message, then we should carry this notion.

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 09-22-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Spelling: Nick instead of Kevin *oops
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 09:15 PM   #16
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Slim and Nick, I've sent PM's to you. Inside you'll find information on the office space web address and group address.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »