Home

[CCM]Are You Still Looking For Sliders?

This is a discussion on [CCM]Are You Still Looking For Sliders? within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 11:05 PM   #1
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
[CCM]Are You Still Looking For Sliders?

For weeks I've been doubting myself to share my sliders since most have already settled on Jarrod, SEC, or Charter. Since there still are complaints about too easy/hard gameplay in the General Forum, I might as well share mine like everyone else.

I've been "tweaking" these since release and I'm pretty happy with them. I'd personally give them a B+. No slider set can fix the horrible defensive AI but I've tried.

Please use the "Box Score" to post results. I always love reading them.
http://dynasties.operationsports.com...id=1&sport=nfl

Updates In Red

General Game Settings
All-Madden
14 minute quarters with 15 second clock cutoff.
Slow game speed with 34 minimum speed threshold.
Auto-Sprint/Strafe turned off.

Injuries - 43
Fatigue - 55

Sliders
Human/CPU
QB Accuracy - 25/50
Pass Block - 30/50
WR Catch - 45/45

You shouldn't get sacked more than 2-3 times per game unless you struggle at passing. On the defensive side, I've tried zone, man, and blitz plays and love the challenge of getting sacks. At 45 catching, you'll see dropped passes from bad recievers and when getting hit right after the catch.

Break Tackle - 10/11
Run Block - 10/50 was 35(40) for CPU
Fumbles - 30/60

I really love the run game with these settings. If you're running a 4-3 defense, turn the CPU Run Block up to 40; at 35, the DL seems to get tackles with out even using their hands. You'll see power backs and TEs run over the secondary. If you find it to be too much, turn it down to 9-10.

At 50 run block, the CPU running game is more fluent and consistent. If you have trouble stopping it, go back to the 35/40 settings.

Pass Reaction Time - 20-15(20)
Interceptions - 19/19
Pass Rush - 0/0

With the CPU only throwing the ball 20-28 times a game, I want to give them big plays to make up the difference. I hate having the #1 Defense no matter what team I play. The CPU Pass Defense is tight; you can no longer complete every hitch, drag, or out route. If you find yourself getting too many interceptions, then turn the CPU Pass Reaction up to 20.

Run Reaction Time - 40/40
Block Shed - 0/0
Tackling - 25/25

I haven't really tested the Run Reaction that much because I don't really see a difference in 0 than 100. I had it set on this since I began and just sort of tweaked around it. You shouldn't really need to change anything here.

Kick Power - 47
Kick Accuracy - 60
Punt Power - 46
Punt Accuracy - 60
Kickoff Power - 48

Penalties & Auto Subs
False Start - 55
Holding - 55
Face Mask - 54
Clipping - 60
Rushing the Passer - 54
All Others - 99

In/Out
QB - 1/0
HB - 90/81
WR - 60/30
FB/TE - 40/30
OL - 40/20

DT - 75/60
DE - 70/60
LB - 60/40
CB - 40/30
S - 60/40

Last edited by Obnoxious; 09-26-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #2
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

Re: [CCM]Are You Still Looking For Sliders?

Anybody going to try these today? People in the "How's Your Connected Career Going?" thread seemed to like them.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

im trying these out right now. Results should be posted in 1-2 hours
Old 09-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

Thanks. Hopefully it works well with you too. I know there's a difference in the community with play style and skill but my Brother seems to like these as well and he well, sucks.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 20

So far, have played a half. Falcons 13, Chiefs 7 (I controlling the Falcons).

Chiefs so far have -18 yards rushing (Charles is 10-(-15)).

I definitely like the feel, but I will be raising the CPU pass reaction up to 20. I'm seeing not just mirroring of WR's, but psychic as well.

Example of the psychic is this. I called a drag route, with a fly clear, and a TE doing an out on 1 side. HB chipped and curled middle. On the other side, I had Roddy White on a deep comeback.

Fly clear (Douglas) had Berry on him like glue. Ok, no issue there.
Gonzalez on the out had Siler on him, stride for stride. My eyebrows raised because Siler is also responsible for the back out of the backfield, since the MLB was on a dog, with Tamba Hali on the weakside.
Jones is on the drag, but the CB broke on the drag before Jones even made a cut for it. psychic DB's in full effect.
Turner chips, and delays, and the safety comes up to cover him even before he releases for the delay route.

Roddy White is the primary read on this play. He runs a comeback on the backside. CB covers him like glue.

I go into instant replay, and White runs essentially a go route, CB turns and runs with him...White breaks for the comeback (mind you the CB is AHEAD of him, so Whites literally looking at the back of the CB's jersey). The CB without looking/turning his head (he's still looking downfield towards the endzone) stops, breaks, and runs the route.

I can handle difficulty. I cannot handle unrealistic psychic actions. Outside of Berry on Douglas, none of what happened was realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

I never really looked at those things. I just needed a challenge in passing. How is it playing on 20?

And -10 yards rushing? I played the Chiefs and gave up 188. I must suck more than I thought.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
I never really looked at those things. I just needed a challenge in passing. How is it playing on 20?

And -10 yards rushing? I played the Chiefs and gave up 188. I must suck more than I thought.
the CPU's coverage at 20 is a lot tighter than the HUM coverage at 20, let's say that much.

For me it's still a little too psychic. Maybe my style just doesn't fit the set. Hard to say.

When I shut it off at halftime, Charles had 18 yards on 12 carries (he had a 23 yard run).

The sliders are challenging, I'll definitely give that much up, but just feels...I dunno, can't put my had on it...like the HUM is being dumbed down so much that guys don't do things they should...such as safeties in cover 4. Their responsibility is to drop back into zone. On KC's 59 yard TD pass, the safety for some inexplicable reason, sprinted up towards the LOS at the snap of the ball and Steve Breaston went right by him uncovered for a TD.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4

I had the whole game table completed, then Google Chrome FROZE and DELETED everything i was working on. So i will update you with text.

Final Score: Rams 24 - Lions 37

Game Notes:
1.) Matthew Stafford destroyed my defense. He got in one of those grooves and was completely unstoppable. Stat line - 20/26, 383 passing yards, 4 TDs, 0 INTs.

2.) Sam Bradford also performed to his abilities. The one interception came from the Hail Mary at the end of the half. Stat line - 21/35, 280 passing yards, 2 TDs, 1 INTs.

3.) Lions rush defense was good only allowing 60 yards to SJAX, while my defense gave up 124 yards to Kevin Smith.

4.) Lions had a total offense of 495, 360 pass & 135 rush. Rams had a total offense of 328, 257 pass & 71 rush.

5.) Detriot Kicker, John Hanson barely missed a 54 yard FG. Career High is 56 yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »