Home

Looking for a few good dudes..

This is a discussion on Looking for a few good dudes.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17
Looking for a few good dudes..

With the announcement of the Oct 16th patch,I'm going to be going back into the lab....the difference this time though,is I would like to get a few folks together to collaborate with,so I don't have to do it myself this time.

What my idea's are as follows
1- the setting I'm targeting is going to be All Pro
2- the speed setting will be very slow. Why very slow? the answer is I believe very slow best represents the LOOK and feel of Sunday action. The other settings are to "arcadey" IMO.
3- 15 min,with 13-15 sec playclock. I had been trying 12 second playclock,but that didn't give the cpu ample time to audible if needed.

Basically,these are the only 3 idea's that I'm pretty much dead set on...everything else is open for discussion.

I'm looking for folks that will test,input and collaborate with the others in the group via pm. This is also important.

NO SET WILL BE RELEASED UNTIL THE WHOLE GROUP AGREES 100%

I want to put out a set that we ALL can be proud of,and make them THEE definitive ALL-PRO settings on OS.

With the right group of guys,I feel confident this can and will be accomplished.
If you would like to be a part of the Madden 13 definitive ALL-PRO team,then jump on in,and let me know which phase of the game you would like to start working on.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Looking for a few good dudes..

I've acutally had great results on Fast, 75 Threshold. Try that.

I think the pass rush is a lot more noticeable even with the RE/ROLB. Cause sometimes, I don't see any pass rush from them in games.

Just my opinion.

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon
Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaycandybacon
I've acutally had great results on Fast, 75 Threshold. Try that.

I think the pass rush is a lot more noticeable even with the RE/ROLB. Cause sometimes, I don't see any pass rush from them in games.

Just my opinion.
I'm on fast Threshold 85.

Cower wasup buddy

Do you really think very slow represent the reaction time of the NFL? I feel fast and very fast do a much better job in that department.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I'm on fast Threshold 85.

Cower wasup buddy

Do you really think very slow represent the reaction time of the NFL? I feel fast and very fast do a much better job in that department.
Wasssup Tyrant.

to answer your question,yes I do believe very slow best represents NFL speed.
When playing on a faster speed,the game (to me) is a jumbled mess (yes I have tried higher speeds).

On very slow,with the correct threshold speed (haven't dialed that in yet) the game reacts in such a way that represents what I would expect a real game to react.

I completely understand that the game is fast,but when watched on TV (standard cam) the game seems slower,and allows the qb to go through his reads...of course if he has time,something I have rectified.

The real way to SEE the speed of the NFL,is through ground level cams...there you can REALLY see the true speed of the NFL...but since we don't play at that cam level,we have to use what EA gave us.

NFL reaction time on very slow is also tied into many other factors,that I'm currently working on,and having positive success with.

Since it looks like I will be doing this solo....it's going to take longer than expected...but I'm hoping to get a set up by release of the Oct 16th patch.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »