Home

So has any of u slider Greats

This is a discussion on So has any of u slider Greats within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
So has any of u slider Greats

Come up with a game speed and speed Threshold to allow DE/LB to speed rush past a OT? Not looking for each and everytime..but from time to time..a very good speed rusher just blows by a OT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: So has any of u slider Greats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHalt621
Come up with a game speed and speed Threshold to allow DE/LB to speed rush past a OT? Not looking for each and everytime..but from time to time..a very good speed rusher just blows by a OT
I've been using Fast with 70 threshold and been having some success. Now I usually can never just run by the T unless I time it perfect but what I can do is get off the engage really quick and then get around. I don't use special moves I just push down and slightly away to break engage and then get around. For example I've be using Von Miller and coming from the left side I would push down and then when the engage happens push slightly to the right while still pressing down. Gets off the engage and then I run around the T with Miller's speed. Not sure if that's what your looking for but it does work well.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:41 PM   #3
Rookie

I will give it a try..my issue really is the RE/ROLB..which is a issue in itself..as been stated by others..just seems much harder from the RE..I have a real hard time with speed rush on RE
Old 10-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Well one of my main reasons for having the speed threshold at 0 is to get faster DEs and OLBs off the edge quick against tackles.. It works fine for me. You won't ever catch me playing with a threshold higher then 0..
Old 10-07-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Well one of my main reasons for having the speed threshold at 0 is to get faster DEs and OLBs off the edge quick against tackles.. It works fine for me. You won't ever catch me playing with a threshold higher then 0..
My only concern is too many big plays with that? No?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Jarodd..I'm going to give ur slider set a shot..my concern was I'm not what u would call an elite player..and worried due to that..ur slider set and threshold would lead to many big plays and me getting smoked every game
Old 10-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
My only concern is too many big plays with that? No?
You will only give up big plays consistently if you aren't on point with your playcalling and your not paying attention to the matchups..

Quote:
Jarodd..I'm going to give ur slider set a shot..my concern was I'm not what u would call an elite player..and worried due to that..ur slider set and threshold would lead to many big plays and me getting smoked every game
You shouldn't get smoked every game using my green set if you have a basic understanding of how to play the game.. I'll help you adjust any of the sliders to suit your style of play if you are struggling. I'm really waiting on the patch to drop so CCM can play like Play now. CCM is horrible at the moment.
Old 10-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
You will only give up big plays consistently if you aren't on point with your playcalling and your not paying attention to the matchups..

You shouldn't get smoked every game using my green set if you have a basic understanding of how to play the game.. I'll help you adjust any of the sliders to suit your style of play if you are struggling. I'm really waiting on the patch to drop so CCM can play like Play now. CCM is horrible at the moment.
Yeah I was waiting too..I use to play a lot and I would have considered myself a lot better a couple years ago!!! However life, work, kids, and a soon to be wife have really cut into my madden playing time..which has effected my ability's so to speak..but will give them a shot on play now..and def hit u up for help/advice

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »