Home

zero-based sliders

This is a discussion on zero-based sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: zero-based sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamburo22
I start it at All-Madden, it should switch to Custom like it does in Play Now once you start changing sliders since the patch came out, but I haven't checked that yet.
Which reminds me, have you ever tried inputting these settings from All Pro to see how it plays there?

Just curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #26
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Which reminds me, have you ever tried inputting these settings from All Pro to see how it plays there?

Just curious.
I haven't, I was under the impression that it would default to Custom (or generic) once you started messing with them post-patch. I like the kick meter moving faster as well, make it more challenging to make long field goals.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
I haven't, I was under the impression that it would default to Custom (or generic) once you started messing with them post-patch. I like the kick meter moving faster as well, make it more challenging to make long field goals.
I'l have to check to be sure, but I think once you change the sliders, whether it be from all pro or all Madden, the sliders default to generic in both cases.

Thus, you would retain the fast kick meter due to the slider values falling below the All Madden threshold of values, even though you are technically using all-pro as the base platform.

Reason I ask, is that many have reported improved CPU AI and over-all game play on the all-pro level. This was pre-patch #3 though, not sure if it has changed since.

I think Whosnext is basing his upcoming slider modifications based on inputting changes from all-pro. Then again, I think he's primarily a coach mode guy........
Old 10-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #28
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

Quote:
I'l have to check to be sure, but I think once you change the sliders, whether it be from all pro or all Madden, the sliders default to generic in both cases.

Thus, you would retain the fast kick meter due to the slider values falling below the All Madden threshold of values, even though you are technically using all-pro as the base platform.

Reason I ask, is that many have reported improved CPU AI and over-all game play on the all-pro level. This was pre-patch #3 though, not sure if it has changed since.

I think Whosnext is basing his upcoming slider modifications based on inputting changes from all-pro. Then again, I think he's primarily a coach mode guy........
I read about that pre-patch as well. If the sliders change to Custom, or Generic, like Play Now and previous Maddens then I don't think it would matter where you start your sliders from (Pro, All-Pro, All-Madden) because once you move the total below 300 (or 295), then it would put you at "All-Madden"
Old 10-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
I read about that pre-patch as well. If the sliders change to Custom, or Generic, like Play Now and previous Maddens then I don't think it would matter where you start your sliders from (Pro, All-Pro, All-Madden) because once you move the total below 300 (or 295), then it would put you at "All-Madden"
Yeah, that's my understanding as well.

I was just wondering if there was some advantage to starting it from all-pro versus all-madden in terms of basic CPU AI. EA seems to have all these quirky unexpected things that when triggered, inadvertently affect game play in some fashion or another.

Maybe I'm over thinking it. EA has got me paranoid!

I'd be interested to hear your take on the tweaks I had made to your set when you get a chance.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:58 PM   #30
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, that's my understanding as well.

I was just wondering if there was some advantage to starting it from all-pro versus all-madden in terms of basic CPU AI. EA seems to have all these quirky unexpected things that when triggered, inadvertently affect game play in some fashion or another.

Maybe I'm over thinking it. EA has got me paranoid!

I'd be interested to hear your take on the tweaks I had made to your set when you get a chance.
I hope they're working well for you. I haven't changed anything lately because like you said, once you change one thing everything goes crazy. But here's my 2 cents...

First, let me preface this by saying that I don't really test on odd numbers (6, 67, 23, etc). Everything on mine is multiples of 5...just weird that way.

QBA 6...should be fine, I play with the Saints so 5 is working for me. I agree that you don't want to go too high with this because passing becomes too easy for human and CPU

WR Catch 67...Haven't tested above 50, originally started this at 45 but had a ton of drops. Worried that putting it this high will cause the WR to "suction" to the ball and catch everything.

Run Block 3 or 4...I personally couldn't get anything to work other than zero. Running game seems to even out after a few games.

Int 23...Again, not too far off. I'm not seeing many picks right now at 25, but if you're throwing or picking off too many then lowering is the right thing. I like it at 25 because the CPU will usually make you pay for an errant throw.

Fumble 3/4...I am actually thinking of moving this to zero as well. Been reading whosnext thread and his thoughts are very similar to mine.

Overall, I like how you tailored them to your liking. No set is gonna be perfect for everybody but I think these are a good starting point.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
I hope they're working well for you. I haven't changed anything lately because like you said, once you change one thing everything goes crazy. But here's my 2 cents...

First, let me preface this by saying that I don't really test on odd numbers (6, 67, 23, etc). Everything on mine is multiples of 5...just weird that way.

QBA 6...should be fine, I play with the Saints so 5 is working for me. I agree that you don't want to go too high with this because passing becomes too easy for human and CPU

WR Catch 67...Haven't tested above 50, originally started this at 45 but had a ton of drops. Worried that putting it this high will cause the WR to "suction" to the ball and catch everything.

Run Block 3 or 4...I personally couldn't get anything to work other than zero. Running game seems to even out after a few games.

Int 23...Again, not too far off. I'm not seeing many picks right now at 25, but if you're throwing or picking off too many then lowering is the right thing. I like it at 25 because the CPU will usually make you pay for an errant throw.

Fumble 3/4...I am actually thinking of moving this to zero as well. Been reading whosnext thread and his thoughts are very similar to mine.

Overall, I like how you tailored them to your liking. No set is gonna be perfect for everybody but I think these are a good starting point.

Thanks for the response.

FWIW I still see a few drops, even with WR catch at 67 to 75 range. It was too high at 95 (Whosnext00 original setting) and there were definitely catches being vacuumed up everywhere. I haven't noticed any suctioning at or below 75, just diving and laying out for the ball when it's near, which is kinda cool.

I notice the CPU really struggles to complete passes against man coverage when this is set too low, but maybe I'll test it some more.

I will start my first actual CCM game with these tonight so that will be a good yardstick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #32
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the response.

FWIW I still see a few drops, even with WR catch at 67 to 75 range. It was too high at 95 (Whosnext00 original setting) and there were definitely catches being vacuumed up everywhere. I haven't noticed any suctioning at or below 75, just diving and laying out for the ball when it's near, which is kinda cool.

I notice the CPU really struggles to complete passes against man coverage when this is set too low, but maybe I'll test it some more.

I will start my first actual CCM game with these tonight so that will be a good yardstick.
How's your CCM going? Interested to see how the passing game is with WR Catch set higher. I've been meaing to test it at 65 as well as fumbles at 0, but my 2 year old has been keeping me busy. Hopefully I'll get a few games in this weekend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »