Home

zero-based sliders

This is a discussion on zero-based sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #41
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: zero-based sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
These are the best sliders out there. They really let the players play to their ratings. In my offline Panthers CCM through two (three) games I've had very different results. I set my CCM on "All Madden" not only for the difficulty for the kick meter but it also seems to make the CPU play harder.

I played the Bucs game twice because the first one didn't save, gave me some profile error. In the first game I couldn't run the ball at all, had 35 on the ground but 390 in the air. Lost the game 26-23. Second time I played the Bucs and ran better, put up 150 on the ground and 250 in the air and won 31-17. The Bucs ran the ball pretty well both games, put up 150ish yards in each. The big difference in the two games was 3rd downs and turnovers - the Bucs won that battle in the first game that they won and lost it in the game I won.

Second game against the Saints went exactly like I thought it would. I ran all over them, put up 250 on the ground and 150 in the air. Brees was sacked 6 times, 2 of them produced fumbles which I recovered. Brees still put up 300 yards like he always does but the saints lost 31-18. Saints run game was pretty non existent, about 50 yards on 15 carries. Not an awful average, they just don't run it much.

I noticed a real difference between the two defenses. The Bucs run D is pretty stout. Even though I put up 150 yards on them in one of the games my average per carry with my running backs was only 3-3.5 YPC. Couple big runs by Cam was the difference in the second game vs. the first game.

The only thing I adjusted is I go with 50 fatigue with default auto subs and 50 injury slider. I also change up the penalty settings a bit, I use 99 offsides and 85 false start. I make sure to fake snap here and there so I do draw some false starts and offsides penalties. I saw an average of 2 false starts per game and maybe an offsides from trying to time a blitz.

Grrrrreat sliders. These are the ones I'm going to stick with. Love 'em.
Thanks for the feedback. I just made some minor changes on the OP so let me know what you think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #42
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I got torched by the Colts for 400 plus passing yards with QBA at 6 and WR catch at 70. I am converting the Vikes to a man defense though, so that's most of the issue. Primarily the S and LBs were a liability in coverage against the TE. I think the WR catch is an important setting in the pass game as it also affects route running and separation, besides just the catching. It is particularly evident against man coverage. The QBA at 6 has been playing out very well in my view. Completion percentages are falling in a varied and plausible range. The WR abililities are probably a bit too juiced at 70, so that's why I'm going to work that down a tad, starting with 65 the next game.

Good to hear about the pash rush. I was reading in Whosnexts thread about Californ14 playing with 100 pass rush versus 0 PB and getting good results. I also haven't been blitzing much in passing situations due to the aforementioned man coverage issues, so obviously that will affect the sack numbers I'm seeing as well.

I will play a couple more games before making any changes to that field.

Let me know how the BT adjustment works out.
Made the following changes:

WR Catch: 55. I finally saw the WR make some plays on the long jump balls that usually resulted in automatic picks.

BK Tackle: 10. At 25, the RB would unnecessarily juke in the backfield, resulting in too many tackles for loss.

INT: 20. Still seeing picks, just not as frequently

I tried fumbles at 0, but EVERYTIME the QB sacked he would fumble. It still happens a lot at 5, just not all the time.

I also updated penalties but this is mainly due to other threads, can't say that I've noticed much difference. Want to see if maxing some of them out will cause them to be called, or if they don't work like previous Maddens.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2

First, great job Tamburo22 on presenting the community with your idea for sliders. After trying many, many different sliders I believe your idea offers the best opportunity for challenging and realistic gameplay wrapped into one set of sliders.

When I first gave these a try I started with All Madden and adjusted from there. In 4 games played I had a variety of close games and blowouts, winning all 4. I liked the gameplay and found the CPU offense was able to move the ball, but stalled inside the redone (often becoming way too conservative). Also, there was plenty of offense with both sides being able to pass and run. Almost all games had in excess of 500+ yards of offense on both sides. In another words: all offense and no defense. My completion percentage was in the low 70's with the CPU completing in the upper 60's to low 70's.

I went back and reset to All Pro and then adjusted from there after reading on some other threads that it was believed that the CPU made better calls on that level. After several games I have to say that there appears to be merit in that assumption. The gameplay remained realistic (as far as it can be for a video game) and both defenses showed up. I lost the first 2 games (1 game mostly because I threw 4 picks), but didn't feel like I was cheated. In all honestly I played rather loose and made some really bad decisions both passing and on defensive play calls. In one game the CPU was able to effectively run against me and didn't need to pass very often. In another game the CPU was more balanced and was able to have an effective run game supported by an efficient pass game.

I did make a few small changes for all games played (I'll list all sliders in minute and all games were played with the same sliders), but the the real change occurred when I adjusted from AM to AP. By doing this you give up the kick meter speed and kicking becomes rather easy, but the gameplay is far better. I've also seen where some have advocated using an initial setting from Pro and adjusting from there. I may or may not try this, but for now it is working so why "fix" what is working.

Sliders Used:
Normal SPD; 0 Threshold; INJ 40; FAT 65
Penalties: All @ 55 except Rough PSR @ 54
Human:
6/0/67
0/0/5

0/15/0
0/0/8

CPU:
7/0/67
0/0/5
0/15/0
0/0/8

SP Teams: 54/42/50/60/50
Old 10-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 1

you guys using these in all-pro?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:05 PM   #45
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
First, great job Tamburo22 on presenting the community with your idea for sliders. After trying many, many different sliders I believe your idea offers the best opportunity for challenging and realistic gameplay wrapped into one set of sliders.

When I first gave these a try I started with All Madden and adjusted from there. In 4 games played I had a variety of close games and blowouts, winning all 4. I liked the gameplay and found the CPU offense was able to move the ball, but stalled inside the redone (often becoming way too conservative). Also, there was plenty of offense with both sides being able to pass and run. Almost all games had in excess of 500+ yards of offense on both sides. In another words: all offense and no defense. My completion percentage was in the low 70's with the CPU completing in the upper 60's to low 70's.

I went back and reset to All Pro and then adjusted from there after reading on some other threads that it was believed that the CPU made better calls on that level. After several games I have to say that there appears to be merit in that assumption. The gameplay remained realistic (as far as it can be for a video game) and both defenses showed up. I lost the first 2 games (1 game mostly because I threw 4 picks), but didn't feel like I was cheated. In all honestly I played rather loose and made some really bad decisions both passing and on defensive play calls. In one game the CPU was able to effectively run against me and didn't need to pass very often. In another game the CPU was more balanced and was able to have an effective run game supported by an efficient pass game.

I did make a few small changes for all games played (I'll list all sliders in minute and all games were played with the same sliders), but the the real change occurred when I adjusted from AM to AP. By doing this you give up the kick meter speed and kicking becomes rather easy, but the gameplay is far better. I've also seen where some have advocated using an initial setting from Pro and adjusting from there. I may or may not try this, but for now it is working so why "fix" what is working.

Sliders Used:
Normal SPD; 0 Threshold; INJ 40; FAT 65
Penalties: All @ 55 except Rough PSR @ 54
Human:
6/0/67
0/0/5

0/15/0
0/0/8

CPU:
7/0/67
0/0/5
0/15/0
0/0/8

SP Teams: 54/42/50/60/50
I'm surprised that your games had so much offense. I've been able to move the ball effectively, but the CPU has only been averaging around 250-300 yds/game. I was ranked #5 in total defense (with the Saints!!!). This is before the changes I've made. My next CCM game is against the Pack so I'm gonna test the changes a little more, but now the CPU is able to move the ball better. I'm still thinking of moving QBA up to 6, it seems to make a big difference for the CPU.

As for All-Pro, I read about games being better but I thought this would've been fixed with the Patch so I haven't tested it yet.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by tamburo22; 10-28-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #46
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan813
you guys using these in all-pro?
I haven't tried All-Pro yet, but let me know if you do...it seems to change the gameplay for the better.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've been using the Cowboys. If you look at their schedule you can see the teams played. The first four were all wins played with sliders adjusted from AM. I had the #1 OFF and a DEF ranked in the 20's. D'Ware had 12 sacks. In the next 2 games played with the same sliders adjusted from AP, my OFF ranked dropped, I lost both games and D'Ware had 2 sacks. The biggest difference I noticed was in the CPU's play calling. It seemed to be more intelligent and appropriate. Player reaction on both sides seemed a little better as well. The biggest difference I noticed was definitely better play calling.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamburo22
I haven't tried All-Pro yet, but let me know if you do...it seems to change the gameplay for the better.
Have you tried selecting the CPUs playbook for them as discussed in the main Madden forum, or are you just going with the default team specific books?

I have been playing AM, but with the playbook tweaks from the thread, and it has made a pronounced difference in the CPUs game play.

With regard to your auto-subs and fatigue settings, have you noticed if your OL or DBs are being subbed out on longer drives?

Last edited by Sturzinator; 10-27-2012 at 11:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »