Home

whosnext00's Madden 2013 Slider for Realistic Gameplay and Stats

This is a discussion on whosnext00's Madden 2013 Slider for Realistic Gameplay and Stats within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: whosnext00's Madden 2013 Slider for Realistic Gameplay and Stats

You have already addressed the much needed over abundance of broken tackles, so that's good.

Human running was too easy and the CPU needed a boost, IMO. Too many CPU rushes for negative yardage.

I like the animations and overall game play with this set otherwise.

I do like the fight for the ball feel with this set, although I wish you were able to tone down the WR catch so we'd see a few drops now and again. Maybe there's no way to have both...
Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
You have already addressed the much needed over abundance of broken tackles, so that's good.

Human running was too easy and the CPU needed a boost, IMO. Too many CPU rushes for negative yardage.

I do like the fight for the ball feel with this set, although I wish you were able to tone down the WR catch so we'd see a few drops now and again. Maybe there's no way to have both...
Agreed with User rushing being a bit too easy. I'm still seeing a bunch of broken tackles, but I'm happy to see that you are trying to address that

Sent from my Toasted Marshmallow using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #35
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:

Updated OP and added Auto-Subs

I've been fighting to get both ball fights and drops, all I know is to maybe raise INT a bunch. With the WR catch down, animations are missing, players don't dive right and left for balls or fight nearly as hard.

If you find an answer, please do let me know. Meanwhile I'll keep trying myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #36
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere
Agreed with User rushing being a bit too easy. I'm still seeing a bunch of broken tackles, but I'm happy to see that you are trying to address that

Try putting Tackle at 10 or 12 and CPU run block at 2, then tell me what you think.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:29 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 6

My biggest beef with the auto-subs (which I think have not been fixed correctly by the patch) is that OL and DBs will sub out, when IRL they really don't come off the field unless a different sub package is brought in or they are injured.

What have you noticed with regard to that with your sub settings? Anything jump out?

I am surprised the WR catch needs to be that high to bring out the catch animations.

Do you think it's possible that using a lower setting would still allow the WR with the spectacular catch ratings to stand out while the lower rated WRs would see more drops / incompletions?

Seems your theory is to keep WR catch plus QBA to equal 100. I think it's good to keep the QB accuracy low, because then if you have an injury and have to start a lower tier player, it will definitely show. Once that QBA gets too high, that dynamic goes out the window. That is probably the limiting factor for WR catch. Question is, just how high can QBA go before you drown out the aforementioned dynamic?

Thanks for the insight.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 10-17-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosnext00
Try putting Tackle at 10 or 12 and CPU run block at 2, then tell me what you think.
With Tackling at 10 on both sides, still saw a lot of broken tackles that didn't make sense. 12 seems to be pretty good overall tho

You mention with it set to 1 or 2, the animations are much better. I don't have these animations to compare to, but do you think setting it to 12 makes it a lot worse?

Old 10-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #39
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
My biggest beef with the auto-subs (which I think have not been fixed correctly by the patch) is that OL and DBs will sub out, when IRL they really don't come off the field unless a different sub package is brought in or they are injured.

What have you noticed with regard to that with your sub settings? Anything jump out?

I am surprised the WR catch needs to be that high to bring out the catch animations.

Do you think it's possible that using a lower setting would still allow the WR with the spectacular catch ratings to stand out while the lower rated WRs would see more drops / incompletions?

Thanks for the insight.
you can try it at 75 for WR catch but I wouldn't go any lower than that. Let me know your results.

As for the auto-subs, nothing has really stood out for me but I like to give lots of different players playing time and yes, some teams sub their OL and DB's quite often such as the Bears. However, I don't usually see a whole lot of subbing for OL and DB anyway... maybe 3-4 plays a game.

Let me know how that WR catch thing goes at 75
Old 10-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #40
Pro

whosnext00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0sphere
With Tackling at 10 on both sides, still saw a lot of broken tackles that didn't make sense. 12 seems to be pretty good overall tho

You mention with it set to 1 or 2, the animations are much better. I don't have these animations to compare to, but do you think setting it to 12 makes it a lot worse?

I think the animation begins to compensate the more you raise a particular slider and the only one I see that's justifiable is WR catch. I barely notice the broken tackles myself and don't think they're really that bad with Tackle at 2. Remember too, that with broken tackles high it also effects RB vision (whether he jukes, spins, trucks or not). With 0 broken tackles, RBs usually just run until they're hit without trying to truck or evade.

Put WR catch to 75, put Tackles at 12 and play a half with looking at replays and stats. Play the second half with Tackles at 2 and WR catch at 96 with looking at replays and stats. Tell me if you see a difference and what they are.

I'll check back in a couple hours to see if you've done it so i can analyze your results and try to fix any glaring issues, if possible.

With Madden sliders, sometimes you have to pick your battles and decide what's more important in terms of realistic gameplay, but I'll try to help with the broken tackles and dropped passes without screwing up the gameplay, animations and stats.

These sliders are near perfect for me so anything I change will be with caution.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »