Home

All-Madden(default)/Patch-3/Realism

This is a discussion on All-Madden(default)/Patch-3/Realism within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2012, 10:37 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: All-Madden(default)/Patch-3/Realism

After using different slider sets since I bought the game I think I'm just going to roll default All-madden 100 threshold. The only thing I may consider changing is the CPU int but I may even leave that.

Everything else seems to change the gameplay too much and lessen the impact of player rankings.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #10
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
After using different slider sets since I bought the game I think I'm just going to roll default All-madden 100 threshold. The only thing I may consider changing is the CPU int but I may even leave that.

Everything else seems to change the gameplay too much and lessen the impact of player rankings.
Since finding that we can help the CPU play call logic by picking different playbooks for the CPU before playing them, I'm going w/ All-Madden default. It seems to be much improved from patch 3.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:49 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

So, this is only for offline CCMs right? No way of changing CPU's playbook online is there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod
So, this is only for offline CCMs right? No way of changing CPU's playbook online is there?
I belive they added to online as well, not 100% sure though. I mainly play offline
Old 10-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #13
Rookie

hi, i'm a fairly good offline player and thought that starting with All-Pro would lead to more "fair" results -- so super CPU players.

i was able to get the CPU run game going good with 0 Human Run Reaction and 100 CPU run block, but i couldn't get a good CPU pass game, even with elite QBs on the field. i tried 100 CPU Pass ACC and 60 Pass BLK and 25 HUMAN Pass reaction but no luck.

i tried upping Pass BLK to 100 in practice and that helped but still too easy.

i tried All-Madden for the first time this year (used it years ago and didn't like the drops, etc.) and in practice it feels pretty challenging.

my rookie QB makes too many bad throws (ACC in the low to mid 70s for all) but perhaps that's realistic.

what was great was the CPU pass game really worked.

again, this was just testing in practice but if that is indicative of CCM play, All Madden feels pretty good with default sliders.

one question: i made my own back with 99 Break Tackle because i love to truck the odd DB once in a while. with All-Madden on default, i didn't truck a single defensive back.i was just exploring the Human run game for a few minutes though.

will i still be able to truck a few guys (not expecting it every play) in All-Madden? just a personal thing, i love to see it a couple times a game and i feel a 240 lb back should be able to run over a 190-LB DB here and there.

thanks.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #14
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
hi, i'm a fairly good offline player and thought that starting with All-Pro would lead to more "fair" results -- so super CPU players.

i was able to get the CPU run game going good with 0 Human Run Reaction and 100 CPU run block, but i couldn't get a good CPU pass game, even with elite QBs on the field. i tried 100 CPU Pass ACC and 60 Pass BLK and 25 HUMAN Pass reaction but no luck.

i tried upping Pass BLK to 100 in practice and that helped but still too easy.

i tried All-Madden for the first time this year (used it years ago and didn't like the drops, etc.) and in practice it feels pretty challenging.

my rookie QB makes too many bad throws (ACC in the low to mid 70s for all) but perhaps that's realistic.

what was great was the CPU pass game really worked.

again, this was just testing in practice but if that is indicative of CCM play, All Madden feels pretty good with default sliders.

one question: i made my own back with 99 Break Tackle because i love to truck the odd DB once in a while. with All-Madden on default, i didn't truck a single defensive back.i was just exploring the Human run game for a few minutes though.

will i still be able to truck a few guys (not expecting it every play) in All-Madden? just a personal thing, i love to see it a couple times a game and i feel a 240 lb back should be able to run over a 190-LB DB here and there.

thanks.
Oh yeah you should get some, I get a few now w/ Alfred Morris, but not too often. Depends on the situation, I was surprised at how some of the practice squad players did, and then I looked at the practice squad ratings in the depth chart, WOW! I think they have a stronger team than me, and especially at CB and Qb. They have a 90 ovr Rb too. So they are tuff!

One thing I am going to adjust is my QB acc b/c with it being 25(All-Madden default), I'm throwing some crazy inaccurate passes w/ RG3. I mean I will be throwing a deep out and the ball will go almost right in the middle of the field OMG!
All-Madden(default)It seems to really hinder deep passing with QB acc 25.
So whats cool is when I went and upped the User QB acc to 50, its still showed as being All-Madden in the league settings page and I'm not throwing right to the defenders anymore!

So you may want to raise your QB acc b/c it will cause for a few too many ints. Everything else seems pretty tight on All-Madden offline.
Still have to be very careful were your forcing the ball w/ the QB acc back to 50. The defense really can bait you now.

Last edited by D_Fos; 10-23-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
Oh yeah you should get some, I get a few now w/ Alfred Morris, but not too often. Depends on the situation, I was surprised at how some of the practice squad players did, and then I looked at the practice squad ratings in the depth chart, WOW! I think they have a stronger team than me, and especially at CB and Qb. They have a 90 ovr Rb too. So they are tuff!

One thing I am going to adjust is my QB acc b/c with it being 25(All-Madden default), I'm throwing some crazy inaccurate passes w/ RG3. I mean I will be throwing a deep out and the ball will go almost right in the middle of the field OMG!
All-Madden(default)It seems to really hinder deep passing with QB acc 25.
So whats cool is when I went and upped the User QB acc to 50, its still showed as being All-Madden in the league settings page and I'm not throwing right to the defenders anymore!

So you may want to raise your QB acc b/c it will cause for a few too many ints. Everything else seems pretty tight on All-Madden offline.
Still have to be very careful were your forcing the ball w/ the QB acc back to 50. The defense really can bait you now.

thanks for the feedback. the litmus test for me regarding QB accuracy is this: if i take a top-flight QB (say Roders or Brees) then i believe in the game he should hit his targets on short and medium stuff almost always and connect in catchable vicinity mostly for deep passes.

i can see a rookie (like my guy: i took a real player and edited his stats so he's my "first round pick" 97 arm strength but accuracy in between about 72 - 74) throwing some bad throws.

but once a guy is an all-pro veteran, he shouldn't miss that many throw.

good to know about broken tackles. will try to play a full game tonight and see if i have any insight/feedback.

cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #16
Rookie

chino22's Arena

I'd probably keep the Jets with their default offense. Otherwise, you're taking Tebow completely out of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »