Home

AUTO SUBS - RB FOCUS AREA - SCHEMES MATTER.

This is a discussion on AUTO SUBS - RB FOCUS AREA - SCHEMES MATTER. within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
AUTO SUBS - RB FOCUS AREA - SCHEMES MATTER.

Morning all,

I briefly put a sample of my findings on Blue's and Charters Sim sliders but I thought maybe this deserved its own thread.

Whilst so many of you put in so much time and effort into getting your sliders correct which many more people really appreciate, Auto subs can and often are the alst to be looked at.

This then leads to the obvious cries of "why can't i get my 2nd RB some carries!!!1111"

So last night I sadly spent the whole evening testing nothing but as I hoped to find some order to the whole issue so I hope this helps people.

I Played 8 games with the BROWNS (RUN HEAVY) and EAGLES(BALANCED/SCREENS). Two vastly different teams in personel and how their offense runs. (I played both teams offense).

Key findings.
  • RB's when only running the ball seem to have far longer lasting stamina than RB's who recieve alot of dump offs, screens etc.
  • Recovery points though also take much longer than before and therefore the GAP between SUB out/In needs to be alot closer than say in Madden 12/11.
  • 3 Down Backs, Richardson, Rice, Charles for eg, will have a far too high number of carries if the Sub out/In is set too low.
So the results - Simply put, your way of playing determines what you set.

I could type all the testing down, but I promise it was boring to play as would be reading so..

SCHEME - RUN HEAVY - RB IN 97 RB OUT 95 - EG BROWNS - Richardson 26, Obonnaya 7

SCHEME - Balanced/Dump offs/Screens - RB IN 94 OUT 91 - EG Mccoy 19, Lewis 9.

So long story short - If you use your RB to run, set the RB In/out high. If you like your RB to catch alot out of the Backfield - set mid 90's.

Big thing though, NO MORE THAN 3 BETWEEN RB IN and RB OUT

Hope this helps

Last edited by Roncatto; 10-19-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Curious what was ur fatigue at
Old 10-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: AUTO SUBS - RB FOCUS AREA - SCHEMES MATTER.

Sorry that should have been in there.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks..now have to figure out DL..RB and DL are the main rotating position..everything else I can deal with at 0-1
Old 10-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHalt621
Thanks..now have to figure out DL..RB and DL are the main rotating position..everything else I can deal with at 0-1
Well same rules will apply.

If are a blitzing team whom wishes to rotate Pass rushers regularly, so DE in 4-3 and OLB in 3-4 I would say 87 IN and 86 OUT. If your a touch more conservative drop down to 84/81

DT generally stay in more often but when they do come out they rest for longer so. I have them at 84/81 same as DE in a 3-4.

Just to show you I play a 4-3 Attacking style with the Browns and RUN heavy with Richardson.

QB 22/20
RB 97/95 - 70 -30 split (ish lol)
WR 77/75 - Will come out when very tired but back in quickly
FB/TE 65/62
OL 52/50
DT 84/81 - Like them in most plays
DE 87/86 -Got good rotation
LB 78/76
CB 65/60
S 65/60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
Well same rules will apply.

If are a blitzing team whom wishes to rotate Pass rushers regularly, so DE in 4-3 and OLB in 3-4 I would say 87 IN and 86 OUT. If your a touch more conservative drop down to 84/81

DT generally stay in more often but when they do come out they rest for longer so. I have them at 84/81 same as DE in a 3-4.

Just to show you I play a 4-3 Attacking style with the Browns and RUN heavy with Richardson.

QB 22/20
RB 97/95 - 70 -30 split (ish lol)
WR 77/75 - Will come out when very tired but back in quickly
FB/TE 65/62
OL 52/50
DT 84/81 - Like them in most plays
DE 87/86 -Got good rotation
LB 78/76
CB 65/60
S 65/60
My only issue is..I had my Fatigue at 65 and I forget the sub in and out..and at the end of the game..my lead back was out for the last 5 minutes
Old 10-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #7
Rookie

But thank u..I will use these when I get home
Old 10-19-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I actually have my running backs in/out at 97/95 as well, using default fatigue. My biggest gripe with auto subs this year is that when you set them to 2/0 you still see players come off the field and IRL you never see the offensive line or cornerbacks come off the field so yeah it's pretty annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »