Home

Duke's M13 Broadcast Cam Sliders

This is a discussion on Duke's M13 Broadcast Cam Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
Duke's M13 Broadcast Cam Sliders

After a couple of months of going at Madden 13, things became stale for me. Finally after the patch, Broadcast Cam is working in CCM, so I decided to spice things up a bit and try some sliders for Broadcast Cam. After a few test games I think I came up with a pretty good base set and wow. It looked so amazing. A much needed kick of excitement for this game.

These sliders might not be everyone's cup of tea, but personally, I am have way too much fun with Madden again with these. Now since, these sliders are geared towards making the game look great and make it actually able to be played in this cam, obvisouly some rules needed to be set. To sum it up, like my NHL true broadcast sliders, if you want to prove how good you are...play online. These are for sim style gameplay that work with the broadcast cam.

The Rules...

1. Gameflow - No matter what, you have to use the gameflow. Since user passing had to be beefed up to compensate for the lack of vision, you would more than likely be able to destroy the CPU passing on every down. If you really don't want to use gameflow, just use some sim-esq style play calling. Keep it legit.

My style of sliders are not hell-bent on getting dead on stats everytime. I believe that real life is completely unpredictable, which it is, and crazy things can...and do happen. I try and get a realistic feel, flow, and balance to the game and the teams...the rest should work itself out.

2. Kickoff & Punt Returns - Let the auto-control take care of it. The lack of vision makes it tough to see where to go, especially when it zooms so close to the ball when the kick is in the air, so it is best to not touch anything. Fair catches are pretty dicey, but use your best judgement.

3. Defense - No switch rule. I usually try and control a player that, if playing zone, has a zone under so I can see everything and control that player only. If it is man, I will switch to a blitzing linebacker or just play a lineman. After then snap...no switch! Especially when switching to a DB and holding Y to use the ball hawk.

The Sliders...

15 Minute Qtrs.
12 Second Acc Play Clock

Very Slow
0 Threshold

User/CPU

70/50
100/70
60/50

50/50
50/70
10/10

10/10
10/10
0/0

30/50
30/50
30/50

Like I said, these are still in the testing process and I used the Patriots against the Bills as my test subjects, controlling the Patriots in Buffalo. My final game with this set yielded an amazing game, a 27-24 win for the Patriots. Brady was on throwing 3 TDs, hitting the tight spaces, and actually able to hit back shoulder throws on fades, including an amazing throw to Welker in the corner of the endzone, reciever and defender jumping out, stretching for the ball while Welker dragged his toes inbounds. NEVER have I seen that in this game. The DB always catches up to the pass and knocks it down, this throw was pretty and from the Broadcast cam...it looked beautiful in the far corner. Fitzpatrick was streaky, but turned it on when he needed to. He was also able to find his recievers in space and finesse in his passes. Donald had a great diving catch over the middle which actually made me yell out loud it looked so cool. All the rushing was done, for the most part, in the first half. Jackson broke a couple big runs then slowly fell off as the Pats gameflow D seemed to adjust for it. Ridley chipped away for his yards. It all came down to the final play, 4th and 5 pass over the middle to Steve Johnson where Patrick Chung wrestled the ball away from him to seal the win. Truly exciting, and even conjured up a bit on nerves.

Much like NHL 13, for me, playing in this new camera angle makes it almost a brand new game and so much fun to play. I'm not sold on the number of INTs in the game, Brady had 3 TD and 0 INT while Fitzpatrick had 2 TDs and 1 INT, but for the most part this played great. A lot of fun.

So...if you are bored with Madden a bit, and want to try something new...punch these in and see how they feel for you. If you have any suggestions, feel free to drop them in a comment. These sliders might not be a right fit for everyone, but for myself, I am having a ton of fun with Madden again.

Last edited by dukebeatsuncagain; 10-23-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »