Home

How Madden determines difficulty (Custom)

This is a discussion on How Madden determines difficulty (Custom) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: How Madden determines difficulty (Custom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
This is the most confusing slider thread I've ever read. I don't understand why they can't have sliders like in NCAA 12 and beyond. You set the level, i.e. Heisman, and then tweak the sliders. The actual sliders affect gameplay elements, i.e. catching slider affects the ability of receiver to catch the ball, while difficulty such as Heisman affects performance boosts, i.e. mirrored routes, and ai adaptability. Simple.
Yeah unfortunately, this Madden slider system is unique to itself...

I much prefer PS2 Madden or ANY version of the other titles I play (The Show / NCAA / NBA2k)...

It was REALLY hard to "unlearn" the preconceived notions of my "slider past" and come to grips with it...

Guys like KBLover / Dfso81 / Charter04 all helped this old dog with this (dodgy) new trick over the past couple editions...

Always a pleasure to try and pass it along...
Old 12-26-2012, 06:46 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I've tried making the move to All-Madden but the game's difficulty within franchise seems to be quite a bit different from exhibition. I thought they fixed that in a patch. In an exhibition game the cpu can really hurt me on All-Madden. Then I plug in the same sliders in CCM and I'm beating up on the cpu. I don't get it. I don't violate the 300 rule or the 75 rule. The game tweets I'm playing on all-Madden but then it lays down like a lamb.

There were a couple times where I played on All-Pro and the game accidentally kicked into All-Madden. That happened twice and the game actually tweeted that I was on All-madden at the end of the game. Both times the cpu offense torched me when this happened. I'm honestly going to try and go back to all-pro in my CCM, have my user sliders go under 300 and hope I the game somehow gets All-Madden difficulty back in the game. I just don't understand. EA needs to separate this garbage of sliders linked to difficulty.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I've tried making the move to All-Madden but the game's difficulty within franchise seems to be quite a bit different from exhibition. I thought they fixed that in a patch. In an exhibition game the cpu can really hurt me on All-Madden. Then I plug in the same sliders in CCM and I'm beating up on the cpu. I don't get it. I don't violate the 300 rule or the 75 rule. The game tweets I'm playing on all-Madden but then it lays down like a lamb.

There were a couple times where I played on All-Pro and the game accidentally kicked into All-Madden. That happened twice and the game actually tweeted that I was on All-madden at the end of the game. Both times the cpu offense torched me when this happened. I'm honestly going to try and go back to all-pro in my CCM, have my user sliders go under 300 and hope I the game somehow gets All-Madden difficulty back in the game. I just don't understand. EA needs to separate this garbage of sliders linked to difficulty.
Did you play ate least 2 or 3 games? One game usually doesn't determine anything. Sliders take about a game or two to settle in. The CPU usually plays like crap in that first game. That's common knowledge around here. Try one of my All-Madden sets in CCM and I guarantee you will see a competitive CPU but you need to play a few games without tweaking anything so the sliders can settle in and definitely make sure the difficulty is on All-Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

The last 4 or 5 games I've played on AM the CPU has stunk. It seems significantly easier than a Play Now game. I am not seeing the difference between all pro and all madden in CCM right now. I'm going to experiment with something later today if I have time.

I think if you took one of your hard slider sets and used it on all pro in CCM you wouldn't see a difference. I can't say that with absolute certainty but I know Madden has changed the background difficulty on me before. It's frustrating. I'm not that good. The CPU shouldn't be playing like this.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 12-26-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
The last 4 or 5 games I've played on AM the CPU has stunk. It seems significantly easier than a Play Now game. I am not seeing the difference between all pro and all madden in CCM right now. I'm going to experiment with something later today if I have time.

I think if you took one of your hard slider sets and used it on all pro in CCM you wouldn't see a difference. I can't say that with absolute certainty but I know Madden has changed the background difficulty on me before. It's frustrating. I'm not that good. The CPU shouldn't be playing like this.

I just spotted the mistake you made. Don't follow the 300 point rule.. You have to follow the 75 and under rule for each category. If you take one of the 4 categories above 75 you won't be getting an All-Madden gameplay.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I just spotted the mistake you made. Don't follow the 300 point rule.. You have to follow the 75 and under rule for each category. If you take one of the 4 categories above 75 you won't be getting an All-Madden gameplay.
What mistake? Please help!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
What mistake? Please help!
Post your set for me and I'll point out where you messed up at..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Post your set for me and I'll point out where you messed up at..
It's in my signature (one on the right is all madden) but none of the categories are more than 75 total.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »