Home

How Madden determines difficulty (Custom)

This is a discussion on How Madden determines difficulty (Custom) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2012, 12:41 PM   #33
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How Madden determines difficulty (Custom)

Play Now has always played different than Franchise mode.
I've always tested my sliders in Franchise/CCM.

I urge you guys to test my theory(post #22). Its not going to break your game(unless you break it lol), I promise.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
We all have are methods, I'm just saying the CPU is VERY capable of blowing me out, any given Sunday! Steelers beat me 44-18 and then I beat the Panthers 27-17. So, its giving me a good variety(Steelers were HOt #1 Ranked D and @ home).
Yeah, I don't doubt you're getting great results. It's clear you know what you're doing.

I'm just saying there aren't a lot of absolutes and there are more parts to the story, just like in M12 it was priority/coaching sliders. This year, it's penalty sliders. I mean, I got whipped 48-0 with mine on Opening Week, and my CPU sliders are right near my User sliders (close to equal-based as you called it one year - and what I really prefer - close to equal as possible).

I will probably try yours soon - I usually do try yours. I did in M10 and M12.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #35
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
Play Now has always played different than Franchise mode.
I've always tested my sliders in Franchise/CCM.
I thought they said they patched them to be the same? No excuse for them being different IMO. I'm just heading back to all-pro. CPU isn't as bright but I can get balanced games and I'm tired of playing with sliders at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I thought they said they patched them to be the same? No excuse for them being different IMO. I'm just heading back to all-pro. CPU isn't as bright but I can get balanced games and I'm tired of playing with sliders at this point.
I don't know if they patched it exactly the same because I haven't played in play now but I know the sliders in CCM on All-Madden started working after that patch because it was horrible and unplayable before the patch and the CPU couldn't even run the ball..
Old 12-27-2012, 04:35 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Yeah. Jarodd, I believe it was him, mentioned that if you take the difficulty off All-Madden in CCM, you'll see bad AI play. So I guess the "patch" was to put the CCM on All-Madden AI since Play Now was always using it.

Seems that with it on All-Madden in CCM, the AI is playing "like" in Play Now, but I'm not surprised if there's still differences. Hanz saw differences, too, between Play Now and CCM, as have others. Thought CCM was supposed to do away with "modes" anyway...CCM was the one mode to rule them all. All except Play Now I guess.

Like dfos said - always seems to be the case for whatever reason.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:17 PM   #38
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon12 Re: How Madden determines difficulty (Custom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Yeah, I don't doubt you're getting great results. It's clear you know what you're doing.

I'm just saying there aren't a lot of absolutes and there are more parts to the story, just like in M12 it was priority/coaching sliders. This year, it's penalty sliders. I mean, I got whipped 48-0 with mine on Opening Week, and my CPU sliders are right near my User sliders (close to equal-based as you called it one year - and what I really prefer - close to equal as possible).

I will probably try yours soon - I usually do try yours. I did in M10 and M12.

Your view on my sliders has always helped out. So any feedback on my current set would be cool.
Remember, 2-3 game test, not just 1 fluke game.
thanks bro!!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #39
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree w what this man in the op ia saying re hia gripes and obvs. Ccm is bugged. Thats as simple as it can be put. The process to get the 'click' is way too convoluted. There is no one key to the treasure box in ccm because there is no treasure box in: ccm. Anyone claiming otherwise is farce. The ultimate experience. Heck Mut vs cpu is buzzin these days too. Ccm is bugged and this thread reveals how mixed everyone is. There is no bread and wine at this table and will not ever be for ccm until it is fixed. The ex ea community guy who ranted was partly responsible for the brokeneness in ccm. Ccm is bugged and everyone who is sharing their sets is simply giving u the most juice you can squeeze out of the lemons. Ppl like this man who r comfortable w the slider menu dont need much advice they just need things to work as they shiuld. You tune a music synthesizer / equalizer and u get what u plug in. More base increase bass or choose a preset. It would be a sweet spot for them to make the system that simplebin general but nwvertheless ccm is impaired.

From what i gather is not asking for the keys. Hes generalizing that the machine does not work as it should. Would be fair game for everyone to just confess ccm is impaired and broken and amen to that. A game can still work with broken components

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 12-27-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: edit a critical typo
Old 12-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
You tune a music synthesizer / equalizer and u get what u plug in. More base increase bass or choose a preset. It would be a sweet spot for them to make the system that simplebin general but nwvertheless ccm is impaired.
You know, that's the perfect analogy for how this stuff should work, and presets are a great idea. Not just this "default All-Pro" or whatever stuff, but actual settings/choices on highlighting certain aspects of the game, or for those who are great at certain things (like if you're a good passer, could be a preset that challenges your passing stick skills, etc).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »