Home

Speed threshold question

This is a discussion on Speed threshold question within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

OVR: 0
Speed threshold question

Sorry to post something else but is there a thread here that might help with this question? I play on normal game speed with my threshold at 0 and i just dont understand how a slow DT or even DE can easily catch MJD or Peterson, idk if EA screwed it up this year or if my setting is off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Re: Speed threshold question

only way to know for sure, lower threshold and test in Practice Mode. Kickoffs, Punts, something were you can see multiple players sprinting. I'm currently using 50 and it seems to be ok for now. If anything I may raise b/c I'm breaking away too easily sometimes, if that isn't backwards in M13 hahaa.

Last edited by D_Fos; 11-06-2012 at 01:19 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

Okay thanks. It seems that if you play on slow speed then 0 threshold is good, normal speed is 50, and fast is higher then
Old 11-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

to me with speed threshold at 0 it doesn't play realistic because all a team needs to do is load up on fast players and they would have an advantage. for example, Revis with 93 speed would not be able to keep up with devin hester with 99 speed and we all know he could shut down in receiver in the game.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have no success with threshold above 50, fast running backs never will break off a 15 yard run, I never got yac, etc.
I have it on 20, and it seems good, running backs can break off if there is a big hole, and will still get caught if a defender has a good angle, DJax consistently breaks free on deep routes slants in the slot (against weaker corners)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
Rookie

JagsFan58's Arena

I put mine back at 50 cause at 0, it was just to unrealistic. I play on normal speed so think that has a impact on it as well
Old 11-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBeast32
to me with speed threshold at 0 it doesn't play realistic because all a team needs to do is load up on fast players and they would have an advantage. for example, Revis with 93 speed would not be able to keep up with devin hester with 99 speed and we all know he could shut down in receiver in the game.
Simply not true at all. Maybe on All-Pro but not All-Madden. I have Webster who's speed is 87 I believe and I leave him in man coverage for most of the game. Ratings still matter if you know what you are doing. When I see comments like that it makes me wonder what kind of scheme are you guys using or what kind of level are you guys playing on because I'm not getting those results in my game.. 0 threshold has always worked out perfect for me and a lot of other gamers..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 11-10-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagsFan58
Sorry to post something else but is there a thread here that might help with this question? I play on normal game speed with my threshold at 0 and i just dont understand how a slow DT or even DE can easily catch MJD or Peterson, idk if EA screwed it up this year or if my setting is off
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagsFan58
I put mine back at 50 cause at 0, it was just to unrealistic. I play on normal speed so think that has a impact on it as well
Aren't you about to make it worse by raising the threshold to 50? That doesn't make sense.. Your players were probably fatigued when they were caught or those DEs probably had good acceleration and was able to catch those guys in short space which happens alot in real life. I guarantee if those guys would have caught full stride they wouldn't of been walked down by those DEs or DTs.

This actually proves my point that slower players can still make plays with the threshold at 0 in short spaces. I see this happening alot in short spaces which is realistic. When a faster players catches full speed he shouldn't be walked down which is exactly how it is at 0..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »