Home

critical "news" about sliders -- can't find old thread about this

This is a discussion on critical "news" about sliders -- can't find old thread about this within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2012, 07:28 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: critical "news" about sliders -- can't find old thread about this

I have no doubt this is true for Play Now, but is this still true for CCM?

I set a CCM to All-Madden and then bumped all the User sliders to 50. The kick meter was still All-Madden speed. Honestly, I haven't played enough to see if the AI is more All-Madden or more All-Pro like. But the fact the kick meter is still All-Madden gives me hope that maybe the AI is All-Madden too.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I was hoping the 295 rule was in play still - I know it saved my efforts on M12.

Is it in effect for M13 as well, or is it just the 75 per subgroup rule in effect?
Old 11-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I have no doubt this is true for Play Now, but is this still true for CCM?

I set a CCM to All-Madden and then bumped all the User sliders to 50. The kick meter was still All-Madden speed. Honestly, I haven't played enough to see if the AI is more All-Madden or more All-Pro like. But the fact the kick meter is still All-Madden gives me hope that maybe the AI is All-Madden too.
They coded CCM to play like play now so you have to go with that setup. When you set it to All-Madden the kicking meter will go fast but the AI doesn't play the same when you go over the 75 and under rule.. It might play ok for some guys but I can instantly see the difference in gameplay. That's why a lot of guys were talking about default All-Madden felt easy after the patch. .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #12
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
This was my full breakdown about the 75 and under rule on my Madden 12 sliders. The same rules apply on 13.

Here is a quick break down on how custom sliders work for guys who don't understand or think custom is its own skill level. Default all-madden for each USER category is 25+25+25=75. In order to keep the gameplay at All-Madden when you go to Custom is to keep each category at 75 or lower just like it is on default all-madden. Here is an example of a Custom All-Madden set- 15+15+45=75 or 10-25-40=75. If you keep each of the Categories at 75 or lower the kicking meter will go fast just like it does on Default all-madden along with the All-Madden AI. If you take any of the categories over 75 the gameplay drops to All-Pro and the kicking meter goes slow just like it does on default All-Pro. So if you put one of the Categories at 20+20+36=76 you went over the total of 75 and the gameplay drops to All-Pro along with the kicking meter going slow and you're no longer playing on All-Madden. The custom range for all-pro is 76-150 for each USER category and for Pro its 151-225. Another way to keep the kicking meter at All-Madden speed(Discovered by kingrealistic)My New Discovery On All-Madden Sliders!!!! SofaKingRealistic! Is to keep all 4 categories combined at 295 pts or lower if you decide to take one of the categories over 75. Example- 85+70+70+70=295. You have to lower the full total of all 4 below 300 down to 295 or lower in order to take some of the categories above 75. You'll have 295 points to play with when doing it this way. The AI won't be as strong as it is on the default All-Madden settings by keeping each of the 4 categories at 75 and under but the kicking meter will go fast like it does on defualt All-Madden. The USER sliders determine what skill level you play on. All your doing is customizing each skill level to suit your style of play when you mess with the player skill sliders. Test it out for yourself and you will see instead of assuming the skill level doesn't change when you go to Custom. This has been tested out by plenty of people... But if you don't believe it oh well. You're only cheating yourself out of putting together a good set by knowing what skill level you're playing on when you go to Custom..

Okay, I do understand this stuff....Where I am not clear is, is competition against the CPU greater by securing that the User sliders stay in the 295-300 range, All-Madden? EXAMPLE -

EX.#1: I use the base "All-Madden" so my User is a total of 300; all sliders at 25....Now the CPU is set at all 50 across the board, correct? So the difference between competition is 300 to the CPU 600 (all sliders to 50); thus the CPU should have an advantage of +300....

EX#2: I set USER sliders to say, 301 overall points, thus according to the kick meter speed I am not in ALL=Madden, I am now custom; what if though, I have the CPU total at 1200, so all sliders to 100....Thus creating a point advantage to the CPU of 899....

So is the fact that the USER is in the ALL-Madden zone mean more than if, as in example #2, where there is more point separation between the USER and CPU, as far as competition from the CPU?

Seems to me, the greater the separation between total slider points should create a greater CPU opponent,no?
Old 11-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Jarrodd, thanks for the breakdown and for pointing out that lowering CPU sliders does not effect the level of gamepaly (All-Madden vs. All Pro, etc.).

however, not to belabour the point but...

if i was on default All Madden with 50 User Catch and Break Tackle, according to what you said that was actually playing on All Pro, not All Madden...

so, why is it if that was really All Pro that when i tweaked the User Run D from 75 to 76 a HUGE change occurred?

i ran the same play over and over. on 75, my d-line and LBs could NOT get to Gore running a sweep run play to the strong side -- my SS was the only player there 19 out of 20 times.

yet, at 76 (just raised User Tackle to 26) there was a huge and constant difference: Mario WIlliams got to the back first off the line about 60 or 70% of the time and about 20% of the time my strong side LB got there.

if the new All Madden is really All Pro because of the 50 for Catch and Tackle, raising my run D from 75 to 76 should have made virtually no difference.

that leads me to suspect that the 75 All Madden rule was in effect there.

not being confrontational here, just would like you informed opinion: why was that happening?

thanks again!
Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

one more thing:

if current All Madden is really All Pro because of 50 User Catch and Tackle then this would stand to reason:

setting the gameplay to All Pro and making all the CPU sliders 50 and all the human sliders 25 with Catch and Tackle at 50... that should be the exact same gameplay as All-Madden default.

for some reason i doubt this but will test tonight. please tell me if i somehow have it wrong and default All Madden is not really All Pro because of the 50 Catch and Tackle.

thanks
Old 11-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
Okay, I do understand this stuff....Where I am not clear is, is competition against the CPU greater by securing that the User sliders stay in the 295-300 range, All-Madden? EXAMPLE -

EX.#1: I use the base "All-Madden" so my User is a total of 300; all sliders at 25....Now the CPU is set at all 50 across the board, correct? So the difference between competition is 300 to the CPU 600 (all sliders to 50); thus the CPU should have an advantage of +300....

EX#2: I set USER sliders to say, 301 overall points, thus according to the kick meter speed I am not in ALL=Madden, I am now custom; what if though, I have the CPU total at 1200, so all sliders to 100....Thus creating a point advantage to the CPU of 899....

So is the fact that the USER is in the ALL-Madden zone mean more than if, as in example #2, where there is more point separation between the USER and CPU, as far as competition from the CPU?

Seems to me, the greater the separation between total slider points should create a greater CPU opponent,no?
Nope the USER sliders determines the difficulty and AI. If you go over the All-Madden limit and raise all the CPU sliders up the CPU still won't perform at the level they would if you kept it at the All-Madden limit. I don't know why EA has it set up like that but that's how it's been for the last few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
Jarrodd, thanks for the breakdown and for pointing out that lowering CPU sliders does not effect the level of gamepaly (All-Madden vs. All Pro, etc.).

however, not to belabour the point but...

if i was on default All Madden with 50 User Catch and Break Tackle, according to what you said that was actually playing on All Pro, not All Madden...

so, why is it if that was really All Pro that when i tweaked the User Run D from 75 to 76 a HUGE change occurred?

i ran the same play over and over. on 75, my d-line and LBs could NOT get to Gore running a sweep run play to the strong side -- my SS was the only player there 19 out of 20 times.

yet, at 76 (just raised User Tackle to 26) there was a huge and constant difference: Mario WIlliams got to the back first off the line about 60 or 70% of the time and about 20% of the time my strong side LB got there.

if the new All Madden is really All Pro because of the 50 for Catch and Tackle, raising my run D from 75 to 76 should have made virtually no difference.

that leads me to suspect that the 75 All Madden rule was in effect there.

not being confrontational here, just would like you informed opinion: why was that happening?

thanks again!
How many games did you test it though? Sliders take about a game or two to really kick in after tweaking something. The CPU usually plays like crap in that first game after tweaking something even with the 75 and under rule.. So you should really get a few games in when you are testing out stuff..

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
one more thing:

if current All Madden is really All Pro because of 50 User Catch and Tackle then this would stand to reason:

setting the gameplay to All Pro and making all the CPU sliders 50 and all the human sliders 25 with Catch and Tackle at 50... that should be the exact same gameplay as All-Madden default.

for some reason i doubt this but will test tonight. please tell me if i somehow have it wrong and default All Madden is not really All Pro because of the 50 Catch and Tackle.

thanks
I personally don't think they touched All-Pro with the patch. I believed the tuned All-Madden in CCM to play like play now left All-Pro as is..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 11-07-2012 at 11:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »