Home

critical "news" about sliders -- can't find old thread about this

This is a discussion on critical "news" about sliders -- can't find old thread about this within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2012, 01:42 AM   #17
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: critical "news" about sliders -- can't find old thread about this

Yeah, even w/ my All-Madden sliders being customized, the kick meter still moves faster than All-Pro(I've even missed a few b/c of it hahaa) and the CPU puts up a good battle each game. I started w/ All-Madden default in CCM.
It also shows All-Madden in the league settings, even after customizing them.

I've always tested my sliders in CCM(aka: Franchise mode), In Practice Mode and games.

Last edited by D_Fos; 11-08-2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:57 AM   #18
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsmetalbooze
one more thing:

if current All Madden is really All Pro because of 50 User Catch and Tackle then this would stand to reason:

setting the gameplay to All Pro and making all the CPU sliders 50 and all the human sliders 25 with Catch and Tackle at 50... that should be the exact same gameplay as All-Madden default.

for some reason i doubt this but will test tonight. please tell me if i somehow have it wrong and default All Madden is not really All Pro because of the 50 Catch and Tackle.

thanks
I know this question wasn't for me,
Anyhow, It only took me few games to see that All-Madden default was back to its old dirty tricks(post patch-3), and they would just run right over my guys, force fumbles when needed, and just plain out destroy my team at times.
I have since tweaked my sliders little by little, just a few areas and now the games are tighter than any other Madden I've ever played! I am enjoying playing the CPU more now than ever.
------> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...3-realism.html

I know the kickmeter moves fast(its coded to determine difficulty level) still and the CPU is capable of pulling away if your not careful. So the easy question to ask is, what speed is your kickmeter? Is it faster than All-Pro? Yes, well your on All-Madden! Good luck!

In the end, all we want is for the CPU to makes logical plays. Use all of its resources in the playbook, and too compete as if we were playing our friends. I have setup my sliders to help the CPU use better play call logic and to equally compete against me at my skill level.

Last edited by D_Fos; 11-08-2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #19
Rookie

wech's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Nope the USER sliders determines the difficulty and AI. If you go over the All-Madden limit and raise all the CPU sliders up the CPU still won't perform at the level they would if you kept it at the All-Madden limit. I don't know why EA has it set up like that but that's how it's been for the last few years.
So why are there even CPU sliders at all then? If the only sliders that matter are the USER sliders (as you said, they determine the difficulty and AI), why are there CPU sliders? If not then what am I missing?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wech
So why are there even CPU sliders at all then? If the only sliders that matter are the USER sliders (as you said, they determine the difficulty and AI), why are there CPU sliders? If not then what am I missing?
USER sliders just determine the AI. You still have to tune the CPU sliders to fit your playstyle. The AI just isn't strong on All-Pro no matter what you do with the CPU sliders for some guys but you see the difference in gameplay when moving the CPU sliders around on All-Madden. That's what I meant by the USER sliders determining the AI by keeping each USER category at 75 and under like the real default All-Madden.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #21
Rookie

wech's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
USER sliders just determine the AI. You still have to tune the CPU sliders to fit your playstyle. The AI just isn't strong on All-Pro no matter what you do with the CPU sliders for some guys but you see the difference in gameplay when moving the CPU sliders around on All-Madden. That's what I meant by the USER sliders determining the AI by keeping each USER category at 75 and under like the real default All-Madden.
Okay. Thanks Jarodd. Sliders...smh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #22
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
I might be a believer in this nonsense after all. Changing a few sliders to make minor tweaks led to huge changes in CPU play, and guess what, my changes put me over the 75 mark. I need some clarification though.

All-Madden = 0-300
All-Pro = 301-600
Pro = 601-900
Rookie = 901-1200

So if the category totals equal 225 then I'm playin on all-madden. If this is the case, then why would exceeding 75 in a single category matter if I still meet the all-madden total for all categories?

Are you saying that being at 225 or below AND exceeding 75 in a single category will ONLY give me the kick meter but NOT the AI for the all-madden level?

So, in order to play true all-madden each category must be 75 or below (which of course would keep you at 225 or below)?

Last edited by DetroitStyle; 11-16-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

So there's no harm in having categories total UNDER 75 for user right?

And it doesn't matter mp what you do with CPU sliders? Correct?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:32 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
I might be a believer in this nonsense after all. Changing a few sliders to make minor tweaks led to huge changes in CPU play, and guess what, my changes put me over the 75 mark. I need some clarification though.

All-Madden = 0-300
All-Pro = 301-600
Pro = 601-900
Rookie = 901-1200

So if the category totals equal 225 then I'm playin on all-madden. If this is the case, then why would exceeding 75 in a single category matter if I still meet the all-madden total for all categories?

Are you saying that being at 225 or below AND exceeding 75 in a single category will ONLY give me the kick meter but NOT the AI for the all-madden level?

So, in order to play true all-madden each category must be 75 or below (which of course would keep you at 225 or below)?
Because it's not going off all 4 categories combined together. It goes off each individual category staying at 75 or under.. I don't know why it's like that but it's been like that since they started creating sliders..

Here is (True)Default All-Madden example of one of the 4 categories.
Passing
Accuracy-25
Passblocking-25
Catching-25
25+25+25= 75..

I guess they have it programmed to where each cateogory has to stay withing that 75 limit in order to get the true All-Madden AI and difficulty like default All-Madden.. If you take any of the 4 categories over that 75 limit it affects the AI. I'm glad you got to experience it for yourself. 1 single point over that 75 limit kills the gameplay and the AI takes a hit..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »