Home

Pass Reaction Sliders Reversed (Video Proof)

This is a discussion on Pass Reaction Sliders Reversed (Video Proof) within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Pass Reaction Sliders Reversed (Video Proof)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAB8
What are the findings on the PI settings? I've read the thread on penalty sliders but haven't seen a definite setting that everyone agrees as best.
The PI settings seem to impact the ferocity by which the receivers and defenders will go after contested balls vs staying back and tackling the completion.

"Best" is always a subjective thing based on your own tastes, what you want to highlight, and how your other sliders are set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Well why isn't the rush reaction sliders working like that? When you put that slider at 100 the CPU is reacting quickly to ball carrier and when you have that slider low the react slow like zombies..
I think he's saying that it's logical 0 = faster because 0 = less time. So less time = faster reaction.

It's reversed in the sense that 0 should = more time from a video game perspective (i.e. harder for the user, so defender should act slower). It's like someone forgot to distribute the negative through the equation and got a "reversed" solution.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I was thinking of you when this vid comes out - almost sent this thread to you in a PM.

I know you always put the CPU high up on your hardest set, and was thinking "well Jarodd's black sliders just got easier".

Wonder what you'll come up with on the User side...given the stupid point system we have to deal with. I don't use yours, but I do watch what you and other slidermeisters uncover.
I guess my CPU INTs and Pass rush being super high helped negate it somewhat.. It shouldn't take me long to come up with something. Pass reaction will definitely be on 0 and I might drop the CPUs INTs after this discovery now. Haha!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #28
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't believe in that 75 theory. I believe anything can be counteracted. The bar description in the main menu splash screen says that for

PLAYER SKILL - Adjust how difficult or easy it is for you to be successful in all aspects of the game.

CPU SKILL - Adjust how successful the CPU is in all aspects of the game.

If you put your pass reaction at 100 you can counterbalance it with a 100 CPU QBA. The CPU loves 0 reaction times because the DB's show their cards too soon. In real life, the DB's have commitments that they need to stay disciplined to and they cannot do so with 0. 0 is nothing close to real life.

The same goes for rush reaction times. 0 is not real life. You're giving everybody ray lewis, patrick willis type pursuit ability with 0 sliders. This is why I don't believe in the 75 theory because in this system, a 25 is not a 25 - it is not a pure value. There is a 25 to the good but there is also a 25 to the negative. If anybody can understand this they'll have a superior time managing their slider sets and get all this jargon out of their heads.

I have seen Jarrod's black sets and I think his numbers are all good, all but the threshold which should be above 50 when using higher reaction times to truly make the game more challenging for the user.

EA will put you on a wild goose chase if you keep trying to follow their tails. You gotta use your head and not let them control your minds so adeptly.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #29
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Well why isn't the rush reaction sliders working like that? When you put that slider at 100 the CPU is reacting quickly to ball carrier and when you have that slider low the react slow like zombies..
Jarrod, it's logic, as the other man said. 0 will give even your corners ray lewis type pursuit - they will avoid their coverage assignments so quickly and shed so ferociously. They will get takeway tackles that should be reserved to wall2wall defenders like your stud lb's and de's.

Not many CB's pursue a ballcarrier like a suicide bomber. They stick to their coverage and often allow their elite tacklers or safety to go for the bait first.

If you test this with out the hammed up penalty sliders, you will see for yourself that 0 = less time which is true to any kind of lab testing. Test this for min. speed threshold too - 0 would be a timing from a rest position with 0 momentum inferred and 100 is your top speed range. So the closer to 100 you are the less space you have to cover. At 0 you are stretching the field in a so so so unrealistic way and are trying to then combat it by enforcing an abundance of penalty caps.

Just look at your slider sets guys and ask yourself what you rhyme or reason is. How is everything rhyming? What is the message you're translating with your numbers?

You put your DB's in proper perspective to their awareness and the LB's, and you will see that it's the settings above 0 that help with this. These reaction times have their own thresholds - even block shedding is a timing slider and the higher you go there the more you delay the time it takes to shed a block.

At 100 it can be incredibly hard to shed blocks and at 0 it can be incredibly easy depending on what you have to support blocking and vice versa. This is a by default statement though, by default, all these timing sliders have their own threshold.

You give yourself a 100 block shed and a 25 tackle with a 50 run reaction time - let me know how easy the CPU run game is. I can come up in a flash with a set that will dominate any human player, minus any 75 theory.

The above is all in respect to the CPU's slider's being defaulted and penalties being defaulted - you don't have to test what I'm saying. I'm following the principle of logic though based on what the sliders actually convey and not any hidden meaning or ambiguity, which EA so loves to suggest to us.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:06 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
I don't believe in that 75 theory. I believe anything can be counteracted. The bar description in the main menu splash screen says that for

PLAYER SKILL - Adjust how difficult or easy it is for you to be successful in all aspects of the game.

CPU SKILL - Adjust how successful the CPU is in all aspects of the game.

If you put your pass reaction at 100 you can counterbalance it with a 100 CPU QBA. The CPU loves 0 reaction times because the DB's show their cards too soon. In real life, the DB's have commitments that they need to stay disciplined to and they cannot do so with 0. 0 is nothing close to real life.

The same goes for rush reaction times. 0 is not real life. You're giving everybody ray lewis, patrick willis type pursuit ability with 0 sliders. This is why I don't believe in the 75 theory because in this system, a 25 is not a 25 - it is not a pure value. There is a 25 to the good but there is also a 25 to the negative. If anybody can understand this they'll have a superior time managing their slider sets and get all this jargon out of their heads.

I have seen Jarrod's black sets and I think his numbers are all good, all but the threshold which should be above 50 when using higher reaction times to truly make the game more challenging for the user.

EA will put you on a wild goose chase if you keep trying to follow their tails. You gotta use your head and not let them control your minds so adeptly.
This has been obvious for the last couple of years. I don't believe you even tried to test it. You are just assuming the theory don't work. If you don't believe that you are being just as stubborn as I was with the pass reaction slider being backwards.. Plain and simple. True default All-Madden total is 75 for each category. You take one of those categories above that the CPU plays like crap. It's not hard to see at all.. It's been plenty of people I debated with over the years who didn't believe in it just like you until they actually tested and seen the difference in gameplay immediately. It's not hard to see..

The rush reaction at 0 makes the players react slow and play like zombies. That's why I said if your theory is true about the pass reaction why doesn't the rush reaction slider play out the same way?

You are doing too much assuming instead of testing man.. I been doing this for too long and it's OBVIOUS to see some when things aren't playing out the way they are suppose to..

Having the threshold higher doesn't make it more challenging man..
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Jarrod, it's logic, as the other man said. 0 will give even your corners ray lewis type pursuit - they will avoid their coverage assignments so quickly and shed so ferociously. They will get takeway tackles that should be reserved to wall2wall defenders like your stud lb's and de's.

Not many CB's pursue a ballcarrier like a suicide bomber. They stick to their coverage and often allow their elite tacklers or safety to go for the bait first.

If you test this with out the hammed up penalty sliders, you will see for yourself that 0 = less time which is true to any kind of lab testing. Test this for min. speed threshold too - 0 would be a timing from a rest position with 0 momentum inferred and 100 is your top speed range. So the closer to 100 you are the less space you have to cover. At 0 you are stretching the field in a so so so unrealistic way and are trying to then combat it by enforcing an abundance of penalty caps.

Just look at your slider sets guys and ask yourself what you rhyme or reason is. How is everything rhyming? What is the message you're translating with your numbers?

You put your DB's in proper perspective to their awareness and the LB's, and you will see that it's the settings above 0 that help with this. These reaction times have their own thresholds - even block shedding is a timing slider and the higher you go there the more you delay the time it takes to shed a block.

At 100 it can be incredibly hard to shed blocks and at 0 it can be incredibly easy depending on what you have to support blocking and vice versa. This is a by default statement though, by default, all these timing sliders have their own threshold.

You give yourself a 100 block shed and a 25 tackle with a 50 run reaction time - let me know how easy the CPU run game is. I can come up in a flash with a set that will dominate any human player, minus any 75 theory.

The above is all in respect to the CPU's slider's being defaulted and penalties being defaulted - you don't have to test what I'm saying. I'm following the principle of logic though based on what the sliders actually convey and not any hidden meaning or ambiguity, which EA so loves to suggest to us.
You couldn't come up with any slider set that would dominate me that's above the 75 and under theory.

It sounds like you have your own theory about alot of things. You should post your slider set on the forum so everybody can see what you are working with..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 11-19-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
You couldn't come up with any slider set that would dominate me that's above the 75 and under theory.
Not even all CPU at 100 (except Pass React at 0), and yours at 26/25/25 in on e area and 25/25/25 on the rest?

I'd like to see that game, regardless of if you do dominate or not

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »