Home

KBLover's Experimental Madden 13 Sliders

This is a discussion on KBLover's Experimental Madden 13 Sliders within the Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: KBLover's Experimental Madden 13 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAB8
If you want CPU passing to be better raise your user pass react(reversed slider). Probably raise their acc also a bit, however I know you are working on having lower scoring battles so that may cause them to gash you a bit more. But the better QBs should have games where they are deadly. I have found a decent pass rush even with 0 pass rush against 30 pass block(Jarrod blue). Something like 40-15-20 for user pass d? Find what works for you though, as I enjoy reading your dynasty thread.
Yeah, I do want lower scoring - but I'd like the CPU QB's to play as they should. I loved every part of that 20-3 loss to the Chargers except, a) I lost, and b) Rivers' 50%

I think what I want to avoid is having lots of deep pass big plays. Once in a while, sure - happens all the time, but I just worry about the DBs getting "lost" too much and then someone's 20 yards behind them when they should have been in a deep thirds zone. (Which actually happened in 25 once, Bartell some kind of way got "flustered" or got epilepsy on his way back to his zone, sorta like turned and ran towards someone else's zone for a second and Huff was like WTF and tried to get there but nope, too late).

I think I'll walk it up to 35 and see for the preseason. Go 35-15-25 for the User and see, that's close to what you suggested actually. Great minds.

Move QB Acc to 35 as well and run it for the preseason and decide then.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Hey KB,

I was looking over your dynasty thread and it looks like you're having some good games. With that in mind, I have started to experiment with some of your slider settings, particularly those pertaining to the run game.

Could you indulge me with a few questions regarding your play style?

1. Do you use pass/run commit?
2. Do you use hot routes?

I assume you are using default settings for the auto-subs. With the 35 fatigue, are you seeing subs/rotation at RB,DE,DT, and the occasional WR? I noticed from some of your box scores, there were carries for your #2 RB, but I wasn't sure whether that was auto-sub driven or user selected.

Many thanks for the info.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
Hey KB,

I was looking over your dynasty thread and it looks like you're having some good games. With that in mind, I have started to experiment with some of your slider settings, particularly those pertaining to the run game.

Could you indulge me with a few questions regarding your play style?

1. Do you use pass/run commit?
2. Do you use hot routes?

I assume you are using default settings for the auto-subs. With the 35 fatigue, are you seeing subs/rotation at RB,DE,DT, and the occasional WR? I noticed from some of your box scores, there were carries for your #2 RB, but I wasn't sure whether that was auto-sub driven or user selected.

Many thanks for the info.
1. No run/pass commit on my end. Not sure if the CPU uses it or not. Anyone know?

2. No hot routes. I try to call plays that always give me an outlet receiver and one short route for decent yardage. If I anticipate/read blitz (like I see the coverage rolling to a side), then I'll read short and try to get the ball out fast. Otherwise, I try to get out of the pocket and throw it away (or look to escape as Pryor). Or if my protection holds and I see an opening for a deeper rout (like a deep in or if I let a slant extend, the WR will be near a window), I'll try to buy time, roll towards the window and hope the WR meets me there - and if not, it's a safe place to dump the ball.

At 35 fatigue, no subs for WR/RB/DL...that's the down side. Granted, I don't think WR sub for fatigue much in the real game, but RB does can DL can, depending on the system (some teams rotate, some teams package sub, some teams run the starting 3 or 4 ragged). However, on higher, I see the OL, LB, DB, and WR's sub too much for my liking and based on the snap count stats I can find. It's the trade off I choose.

Actually, DL CAN sub if their STA is low enough. I have a rookie DE (Quinterrius Fields...what a name) has bad stamina and I saw him come out during half of the preseason game I played.

I don't use the defaults, but I see no impact from them (I think the game is just using the default and not reading what I input from my CCM/Profile), so I didn't bother to list them. I'd rather return to my 100 fatigue settings of last year, but alas...

I use a different 3rd down HB and have used package subs (which DO stick, I've heard formations subs do NOT stick) to try to mix it up or in formations that could use more of a pass catcher (Ivory is a lot of things...a good receiver is not one of them), and sometimes I run out of the formation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

I have a auto-sub set I've been using that has worked out pretty well, considering it is still broken in CCM. Descent rotation at DE,DT. Don't get much at RB, as AP is Mr. Stamina. I do get a WR now and again. I think they do come off the field on rare occasion (long receptions and/or running several successive deep routes) and this is what I was trying to simulate.

DBs, OL, and LBs generally stay on the field, but do sub out in rare circumstances.

I did get my RT subbing out on longer drives but upping his stamina w/ XP seemed to solve it rather quickly.

I like the rotation at DL as it forces you to carry some depth at those positions on your roster. Hopefully they will patch this, as a properly functioning auto-sub really makes the game more enjoyable.

The tackling at 55 has its landmine moments, but generally it plays out better than I would have anticipated. You have a nice set going here...
Old 12-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I like the rotation at DL as it forces you to carry some depth at those positions on your roster. Hopefully they will patch this, as a properly functioning auto-sub really makes the game more enjoyable.
One thing that might be worth trying is scaling STA.

For positions that sub a lot, edit them down in STA - so the max STA for a HB might be 80, but for an OL, they can go up to 99.

Same defensively. DB's LBs should get higher stamina, but DL might cap at 75 or 80 so they sub. Maybe even 65 or 70.

Would be a ton of work though and might not work for rookies coming in and the ability to "buy" stamina with XP , though like I said I got a DE with 65 so...
Old 12-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
One thing that might be worth trying is scaling STA.

For positions that sub a lot, edit them down in STA - so the max STA for a HB might be 80, but for an OL, they can go up to 99.

Same defensively. DB's LBs should get higher stamina, but DL might cap at 75 or 80 so they sub. Maybe even 65 or 70.

Would be a ton of work though and might not work for rookies coming in and the ability to "buy" stamina with XP , though like I said I got a DE with 65 so...
Does the editor work for Madden 13 that worked for Madden 12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJHalt621
Does the editor work for Madden 13 that worked for Madden 12?

I think you can edit outside of CCM (go to My Madden?), save that roster, then use it to start a new CCM career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I think you can edit outside of CCM (go to My Madden?), save that roster, then use it to start a new CCM career.
No...my bad I was talking about the roster editor that is in the "roster" section..that way we could do mess edits..I forget who made the editor..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Sliders »